Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
How'd you end up in the fandom?
Topic Started: 21 Jun 2016, 13:08 (59518 Views)
Pipwizard
Gronckle

Um I was trying to google when the next rtte season 3 was and found this on there and now I'm stuck lol lol lol love you guys want to join the Facebook one tho still waiting lol
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Ocean Rose
Over whelmed: Too many fandoms. How am I even alive?

About two years ago in early January I was on a site for Disney movies and some DreamWorks movies. I found How to Train Your Dragon and thought that it was interesting and decided to watch it. The moment Hiccup was shown I was hooked. By the moment Toothless was shown I new that my fate was sealed. I think I watched it every night that week and went crazy looking for anything to do with it (I ironically found out that I was the only one out of all my cousins who hadn't seen the movie). By March I had seen both movies, all the shorts, and the CN series. By April I had a countdown to Race to the Edge. Here I am now! :D :D :D :D :D
You want my tears
Every messy word
Every scar and every fear
You want all I have, with no holding back
When I'm hurt, at my worst.
You meet me there
'Cause You see the beauty
In my broken prayers
--- Riley Clemmons; Broken Prayers

Night_Stalker
Dragon Trainer class 5

i found this fandom by looking up when httyd 3 was coming out and i found this website, kind of a boring story but it lead me here so it was a good thing i got bored that day, wish i found this alot sooner

OC: Oliver and Storm

Tuffnut'sChicken
B-BAWK!

Played School of Dragons, having this nagging suspicion that it had to be based off something. Finally, my younger sisters did some investigation and found out that there were movies and a TV series. I couldn't believe them when they told me that Astrid was violent. I thought she looked so sweet and nice! :P
I remember seeing Hiccup first as his big self (and wondering why he was named Hiccup), then seeing a video of him as his younger self in one of the quests. He looked so tiny!
Clouds of corn <3

Theotherunknown
There were dragons, when I was a boy...

Back when HTTYD came out, someone got me the DVD for Christmas. I watched it, and loved it immediately. I started reading fanfiction, and eventually stumbled upon the HTTYD Wiki. I was an editor there for several years. During that time I chatted in a few obscure places with other dragons fans, and then eventually found my way here. Been here ever since :)
How many times must I fix my signature over the years?

Heather the Berserker
I go where no one goes

Rider Ranger?? :o There you are!! Where did you go? I haven't seen you since you left the wiki... are you still on Wikia at all?
Oh btw I will post my story here in a bit, when I get the time ;)
Bear the flame

ScarlettHofferson
Normal is the absence of crazy. In short, boring.

So we were looking for something to watch. My aunt mentioned some dragon movie that had just been released so I decided to give it a shot. It wasn't my favorite but I really liked it. About 2 years later I got it for my birthday and watched it a few more times :toothless: . I was a little hesitant to watch the show since they were technically being aired in Cartoon Network (which we don't agree with) but bought the first half of season 1 anyway and watched them all in one day <3 . 4 years later and I can't help but think of dragons every 5 minutes 8)
My Art Thread-My DeviantArt

Cottonflower2
PROcrastinator

Seeing the first movie, I wasn't really much of a fan of httyd, but I did enjoy it. Then after seeing the second movie, I enjoyed it so much that I had to see it twice in the theater lol. After seeing it a second time, I was like "Welp, this is my new favorite movie now" XD I just thought it was so amazing, beautiful, and emotional (plus dragons, obviously :P ), so I just became obsessed with it and the franchise. Now I'm a dergon nerd ^_^

Alpha Toothless
Dragon Egg

AuroraBorealis
27 Apr 2014, 22:22
When I was young, I decided to read the first book. Then the second. And went on and on. I LOVED them! (Still do!) So, I heard the movie was coming out and got really exited. I liked it, but went on with my life. The newer books came out, and I grew to love the movie. I was a HTTYD fan. A lonely one, though. The first time I went on the Grapevine was when I saw the link on google, and I went on it, but quickly left. About a year later, I kept finding myself going on this site. One day I explored it, and found out there was nothing bad on it! For a month or so I had no account for commenting. I gave in and made one. I made lots of friends! I wasn't alone!

There you are!
And that's basically my story too, I read the books long before I watched the movie. About 3 months before. And besides, I watched the second movie before the first. :alpha:
Alpha Toothless tells you all to please stop and think about what you are going to say next, seeing that you are mesmerized by knowing that I can speak.

AstridHofferson
Deadly Nadder

So to start of with its my sister who first showed me httyd and I went mad.She likes the movie but doesn't go crazy over it like me. Which is why I looked like a complete wierdo when i was waiting for httyd2. Then, I was fangirling like crazy each summer ..doing httyd marathons etc. Then just before my summer holidays finished last year I found this website and I'm very glad I did coz first I didn't know a single person who loved httyd now I'm surrounded by them. It's great!
Stoick: What in Thor's name is going on!?
Astrid: The eggs explode
- Gift of the Night Fury