Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
How'd you end up in the fandom?
Topic Started: 25 May 2014, 00:17 (59096 Views)
HideousZippleback

[color=blue]I'm just here for Snotlout.
[/color]

Have been in the fandom since 2004 but the teaser trailer for HTTYD2 brought me to the Tumblr fandom.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Nightshade
Monstrous Nightmare

HideousZippleback
25 May 2014, 04:17
Have been in the fandom since 2004 but the teaser trailer for HTTYD2 brought me to the Tumblr fandom.
hmm, you mean a fandom for dragons or a fandom for httyd, because httyd was released 2010 :P

Zer0x

[b]Banhammerdragon
[/b]

Wait. You don't know the fist filming of HTTYD? It's a live action movie by Celine Ladice from 2004. Watch it!
UNAMUSED

No, I'm serious....stop it..

Faerie_Dragon
Dragon Bassist

Nightshade
25 May 2014, 09:59
HideousZippleback
25 May 2014, 04:17
hmm, you mean a fandom for dragons or a fandom for httyd, because httyd was released 2010 :P
Tut tut Nightshade. You remember the movie was based off something right? Little old eh.... what was it called... oh yeah! A Book?
I challenge you to be lazier than me!

Sub me. Sub me. Sub me. Sub me. Sub me. Sub me. Sub me.

Ravenclaw
Dragon Egg

I discovered the Rise Of The Brave Tangled Dragons crossover, I already had seen Brave, Tangled and RotG, but I still needed to watch HTTYD
So I watched it and I still find it the best movie in the universe.

WasBornCrazy
i dont think my avatar is working but ehh

Ravenclaw
25 May 2014, 11:32
I discovered the Rise Of The Brave Tangled Dragons crossover, I already had seen Brave, Tangled and RotG, but I still needed to watch HTTYD
So I watched it and I still find it the best movie in the universe.
Exactly what happened to me....
i'm not very active anymore!! it's sad, but i'll come back sometimes to feel nostalgic ahaha

Zer0x

[b]Banhammerdragon
[/b]

Zer0x
25 May 2014, 10:32
Wait. You don't know the fist filming of HTTYD? It's a live action movie by Celine Ladice from 2004. Watch it!
No one noticed that 'Celine Ladice' is an anagram to 'IcelandicEel'? ^o) I am really disappointed.
UNAMUSED

No, I'm serious....stop it..

Nightshade
Monstrous Nightmare

I don't know what this thing you call "book" is... can you send a picture? maybe even a site where I can download them... :P

Cintique
mysterious hooded man

I remember seeing previews for the first movie back in 2010. I was so excited about it, I read newspaper articles and cheered when it took top spot in the box office when I watched the movie section of the news report. Because it didn't stay in theaters long enough for me to see it, I didn't get to see it in 3D.

I finally got to see it a few months later when it was one of the movies they picked for the annual outdoor square free movie thing my town does where they set up this inflatable movie screen and play movies outside town hall. I fell in love with the movie so fast I didn't even care that my ass hurt from sitting on concrete for over an hour without moving. I remember going on and on about how awesome it was to my friends as we walked home.

I didn't do much fandom-y stuff then, I wasn't on tumblr yet so I had no outlet for these kind of things but I loved the movie dearly and would shout and jump when someone put it on. I do remember seeing the first previews of ROB and thinking "wow I hope they do this right." I began to talk about it again when the first leaked pictures of Hiccup and Astrid in HTTYD2 showed up on tumblr and when the teaser trailer was leaked I was so completely in love all over again, but this time I knew a fandom existed. Later on I decided to read the books the movie was based on and I love them too.

Now here I am.

Tumblr

Toothless123
Night Fury

I've been meaning to join this website for ages; I've been a fan for about four years now, but this is my first time joining here! Before, I just checked out the clips and commented on them, but now I've actually joined! ;)