Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
How'd you end up in the fandom?
Topic Started: 28 Apr 2014, 02:54 (59522 Views)
WasBornCrazy
i dont think my avatar is working but ehh

Long story short: Fate.

xD Kidding!

So, I was always part of the youtube fandom and I saw someone say something about a site named 'Berk's Grapevine'... I stalked the place for 4 months and I saw quite a lot of popular people, now, join... And then I started talking.... And talking..... And talking..... And it continued.... And then the forum went up and you should know the rest...
i'm not very active anymore!! it's sad, but i'll come back sometimes to feel nostalgic ahaha
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Eret
....Son of Eret

I've loved this movie since the day it was released in theaters but was not in the fandom until a year or so ago. I think I just randomly decided to go in to the HTTYD tag on tumblr and then I was trapped for life.

kozmotisblack
assistant of dragons

Around this time, I honestly still had yet to have a) a tumblr account b) a huge interest in animated movies and c) monetary funds to see much movies in the theaters.
I saw this movie at my friend's house when it was on Netflix (or some form of sight).
He fell asleep during it (after already seeing it) and I literally didn't go to sleep at night because I was so buzzed/hyped off the film. It got me into the industry.
As far as tumblr fandom, after ROTG ended, I immediately latched onto this fandom and I have no interest in leaving.

taking art requests on tumblr
Surviving the movie one day at a time.

Shnuckles
Deadly Nadder

When the first movie premiered, I didn't have the respect for movies (especially animated ones) that I do today. It was early in dragons: RoB that I became addicted. Then I found this site, which led me to become obsessed.

Toothless
the unholy offspring of lightning and death itself

well i read all the books when they would come out and i saw the movie when it first came out but it wasn't until 2012 when i truly became a huge fan and fxm is to blame because they played the movie like 10 times in a row and i though hey that was a really good movie lol

FuriousKnight
Knight of Fury

I love anything to do dragons, so when I heard about the movie I saw it as soon as it came out.

Needless to say, I was hooked.

I've never read the books, but maybe when the movies and the other stuff is done I'll look into them.

ToothlessNightFury
Toothless

my mom got me the movie when it came to dvd (like the day it came out) because she knew i wanted to see it and yeah. The rest is history
Believe a Dragon Can Thaw A Frozen Heart Role Play Based of HTTYD and Frozen

Around here we don't look back. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.-Walt Disney

Itchyarmpitisland
Member Avatar
Dragon Egg

My sister first showed me the movie back during 2012, I liked the movie but wasn't obsessed with it. Later on that year I saw a video on youtube of romantic flight and fell in love with the music so much that it inspired me to begin playing piano again (which I hadn't done in years). After learning romantic flight I decided to learn the rest of the songs and fell in love with all the musical scenes, and Hiccup :$ . So here I am now a 17 year old writing on Berksgrapevine, you're never to old for an animation.

Hiccupfriend
Terrible Terror

I always loved HTTYD when I first saw it. I am a great fan of computer animated movies.
Nightshade said I should put this here so:

I ended up on here because I was looking here for a while and when I had got a operation and I had lie down for weeks I was bored so I joined!
'I looked at him and saw myself' Hiccup

WasBornCrazy
i dont think my avatar is working but ehh

Hiccupfriend
04 May 2014, 12:27
I always loved HTTYD when I first saw it. I am a great fan of computer animated movies.
Nightshade said I should put this here so:

I ended up on here because I was looking here for a while and when I had got a operation and I had lie down for weeks I was bored so I joined!
XD Well done! I've never listened to Nightshade before.... And, did you get your toenail pulled out or just cut?
i'm not very active anymore!! it's sad, but i'll come back sometimes to feel nostalgic ahaha