Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
How'd you end up in the fandom?
Topic Started: 16 May 2014, 17:15 (59456 Views)
scribblefoxx
Member Avatar
a smallish Viking with a longish name

My story isn't really that interesting. :P
I saw the movie when it was in theaters in 2010 and I fell in love from the very beginning. When I saw in the credits that it was based on a book, I knew immediately I wanted to read it, but I couldn't find it. Then my parents gave a copy of it to my sister as a present and I borrowed it from her a lot. :P (I eventually traded her a couple pieces of candy for it. xD) When the movie was out on DVD I got it from the library over and over again to watch it before I finally got my own copy of it in 2012. Since then I've watched it (and read all the books) more times than I can count.
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/Wy7QXhS.gif[/img][/center][c] [center] The past is another land, and we cannot go to visit. So, if I say there were [b]dragons[/b], and men who rode upon their backs, who alive has been there and can tell me that I'm wrong? [/center][c][center][img]http://i.imgur.com/jtHiNxQ.gif[/img][/center]
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

draco
mystery dragon, pic drawn by night fury fire. Thank you :)

I never saw the movie when it came out in the theaters, now i wish i had.
I rented the dvd after it came out and really liked the movie, so i bought the movie but in blu-ray.
It has become one of my favorite movies next to dragonheart.
I thought i'd search on line to see if there were any forums for the movie, and the other site came up. So i stalked the site for a little while and finally decided to join and here i am.
I will not miss the second movie when it hits the theaters.
Dragons, need I say more.

Hiccup, chief of berc, dragon master.
Toothless, alpha dragon.
You and me bud we can do this, as one.
It's just a zipple misunderstanding
I like a pit, but I love a boar pit.
i am hurt,I am very much hurt.

SilaNightFury
Lemon Guru and Cloudjumper Fangirl~

When I worked at McDonald's we started selling the toys. I thought they were cool and it just so happened that the theater in my hometown. So I went with my family and loved every second. Swear to the great gods above this was the first movie I had ever cried in. For the next month it was there, I went to see it at least every night, since tickets were only $5.50! I would go by myself, take friends, sometimes ever bring my McDonald's toys with me. It wasn't until recently though that I started getting involved in the fandom though, but now I can't imagine my life without it :3
^_^

BerserkDragon
antisocial british nerd with a youtube channel

There was a film on TV called "How to Train Your Dragon" and I thought it sounded like a good film, and Dreamworks had been trustworthy in the past, so I thought Why not?
And now I can't get dragons out of my head and have watched everything from HTTYD to the latest HTTYD 2 clip :D
Me? An otaku? Pfff.

Yes I do like dragons if you're wondering. Doesn't seem like it from my profile pic n signature, I know, but I do.

Quincy Dan
Member Avatar
The real Hiccup

Related to the first one extremely well, and wanted a way to track the franchise.

VampireAngel91
Dragon Egg

Honestly, it all started with my 2 best friends. I was at a sleep over with them and they wanted to watch it the following morning during breakfast. So, I thought, why not? (Also, they had told me the guy who had played Dave Stutler from "The Sorcerer's Apprentice" (Jay), who I absolutely adore was the voice of Hiccup.) I was skeptical at first, but it lasted only about 5 seconds. As soon as Hiccup introduced Berk with John Powell's music in the background, I was intrigued and absorbed in the film. Before I knew it, I felt a deep emotional connection with the characters and their wonderful world. Soon after, I purchased both the film and the score to enjoy whenever I wanted too. And it's all thanks to my 2 best friends!

So, that's how I fell into the HTTYD fandom, and I've never regretted it. :D

BerserkDragon
antisocial british nerd with a youtube channel

VampireAngel91
21 May 2014, 04:02
Honestly, it all started with my 2 best friends. I was at a sleep over with them and they wanted to watch it the following morning during breakfast. So, I thought, why not? (Also, they had told me the guy who had played Dave Stutler from "The Sorcerer's Apprentice" (Jay), who I absolutely adore was the voice of Hiccup.) I was skeptical at first, but it lasted only about 5 seconds. As soon as Hiccup introduced Berk with John Powell's music in the background, I was intrigued and absorbed in the film. Before I knew it, I felt a deep emotional connection with the characters and their wonderful world. Soon after, I purchased both the film and the score to enjoy whenever I wanted too. And it's all thanks to my 2 best friends!

So, that's how I fell into the HTTYD fandom, and I've never regretted it. :D
Yay, I'm not the only one that knew Jay from The Sorcerer's Apprentice :D When I heard Hiccup I said to myself "I know that voice from somewhere..." :D
Me? An otaku? Pfff.

Yes I do like dragons if you're wondering. Doesn't seem like it from my profile pic n signature, I know, but I do.

iluvhttyd
Member Avatar
Terrible Terror

Oooooh! I love telling this story!!!

Sit down, fellow HTTYD fans, this may take a while...or not.

Anywho...

On October 16, 2010, my parents and I went to Blockbuster's (which is now closed) and they rented HTTYD. I had seen previews of it, and didn't like them, therefore, I thought I wasn't going to like the movie. On the way home, I looked on the back to look at the summary. When I came upon Hiccup's name, I asked myself "What kind of name is Hiccup?" (I've regretted that ever since, since I am a hiccup myself). I also didn't know that it was a book till I looked at the "Based On a Book By Cressida Cowell". My mom said she had looked at the first book when we were in Target I think that day.

Anyway, we go home, and we fix our usual picnic supper (popcorn, bread, cheese, fruit, veggies, meat, etc.) and pop in the movie. We go through the previews (Megamind and Shrek Forever After...why did I put that?) and then when we get to the menu, we play the movie.

It wasn't until my dad said "Is he really that dumb?" (referring to the part when Hiccup got his shield stuck inbetween the rocks) that I really fell for Hiccup. During the Forbidden Friendship scene, my mom commented "He wants to draw, too" when Toothless started to draw. It was during Hiccup's cute little dance before the famous nose-touch that I fell more in love with Hiccup. During the nose-touch, I fell in love with the movie itself.

My heart broke when Hiccup found out he lost his leg.

Everytime he falls after the Red Death's tail....does its thing...I try not to scream "HICCUP!"

Anyway, the next day, I bought the movie, Test Drive, and Where's Hiccup? on iTunes. When I could, I bought the rest of the soundtrack. On Christmas, I got the Double Dragon DVD Pack.

I hadn't been on Tumblr then, so I don't think I knew what a fandom was, but I was drawing fanart and writing fanfiction.

In 2011, my dad bought me the Double Dragon DVD Pack of GOTNF and BOD.

When I discovered Tumblr, and the HTTYD fandom, a few years later, I was pulled in.

When the series premiered, I didn't know about the StreamerOfBerk chatroom. But a ton of weeks later, I discovered StreamerOfBerk and then I joined the fandom after a few years of obsession. I'm still in the fandom to this day. :)

The End.

Dragon_Rider
Dragon Egg

I was in a DVD shop and there was that movie that I really liked and I could get -50% on second DVD I would pick. At that time I didn't really knew about HTTYD so I just pick it.

A few years later ,when I move in my new house,I so the HTTYD DVD in a box, I never wachted since I've bought it so I've decided I would watch it with my mom. I directly felt in love with that movie!!

A few days later, I went on the internet to see if there was HTTYD stuff and that's how I got on berk's Grapevine :D

And this is the story if how I met my soulmate... ;)
I love dragons, and food... ^_^

Nightshade
Monstrous Nightmare

let's put some epic lies here:
How I joined;
A tuna terrorist from Japan came to my home, and I saw that he had caught my pineapple, he threatened to kill my pineapple, if I did not meet his requirements 3.
The first requirement was; bring him 2$ and 14 cent.
The second requirement was; bring him a new identity.
The third requirement was; book a planeticket for him.
I did it, then I killed my pineapple because I was hungry.
I became sad because I didn't have my pineapple, so I decided to look after solutions on the internet.
I found an interesting article about a movie, which seemed amazing.
I noticed the amazing quality that they had put down on it, and I told myself that I had to keep up-to-date with this movie, so I started to look around on the internet, and there I found it, the site that would consume a large amount of my time!
and that's how I joined the "Lord of the Rings" fandom.
100‰ true, completely legit, prumess you! :D