Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
How'd you end up in the fandom?
Topic Started: 20 Aug 2014, 04:06 (59523 Views)
toothless lover
fangirl

Night fury fire found this place

At the time I wasn't really a fan

So I decided to join for fun

Thus a fan girl was born :D
KEEP CALM AND TRAIN DRAGONS

������

[spoiler=LOL]I have no idea how to breath[/spoiler]
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

ChinesischSchluckauf

[b]
[color=blue]Shut up, Mokuba!
[/color]
[/b]

Back in 2010, the first movie came out. I didn't pay much attention to it. Then, a while later, some friend told me that I i looked rather like the main character (Hiccup) Out of curiosity and amusement, I went to watch.

+1 fanboy.
Did anybody else notice my signature has shrunk?

hcsp1
My only master is the free wind

I saw the trailer before "Avatar" I think and thought to myself "Doesn't look all that great but maybe I'll check it out". A few months pass by, the movie is out and I saw it had a 100% score on "Rotten Tomatoes" and I was like "Whoa!"

So, I went to see it thinking "Okay, 100% on "Rotten Tomatoes" show me what you got!" and man, did it show me what it got! I was a fan ever since.

singlerose22
Dragon Egg

For me it was like fate :D
One day, about a year and a half ago, I turned on my tv and it was playing on fx. There was nothing else on I wanted to watch so I just stuck with it. I had missed the first 20 minutes but I was instantly attached. I couldn't stop watching it! As soon as it was over they played it again and I sat watched it all from start to finish, I was hooked!!! <3

iluvhttyd
Member Avatar
Terrible Terror

Zer0x
25 May 2014, 10:32
Wait. You don't know the fist filming of HTTYD? It's a live action movie by Celine Ladice from 2004. Watch it!
Zer0x
25 May 2014, 20:23
Zer0x
25 May 2014, 10:32
Wait. You don't know the fist filming of HTTYD? It's a live action movie by Celine Ladice from 2004. Watch it!
No one noticed that 'Celine Ladice' is an anagram to 'IcelandicEel'? ^o) I am really disappointed.
Wow...I actually Googled HTTYD Celine Ladice 2004...I feel stupid. :P

BirdyTheBrave
I like big books and I cannot lie.

Basically:
Found out about the movie in 2010, kept pestering my mother about going to go see it, she finally took me and I fell in love. I was 10 years old then, and after a couple of months of nonstop talking about dragons, I kinda forgot about it for a while (shame). Three years later, I was messing around on YouTube when I saw something about a Dragons 2... And totally flipped out. I started stalking it all over the Internet, and I had heard about this website several times. So I looked it up and... The rest is history!
Update guys: It's party time with Joe.

dragons_ind
My avatar just got 20% Cooler

Local DVD seller. You da real MVP
While i was walking around at mall, there was a local (pirated) dvd seller that test the httyd dvd. I only watched the Downed Dragon scene, but that short time pushed me to download it. I watched it, and so it all begun
Ninety-nine buckets of fireworms on the wall, ninety-nine buckets of worms! Take one down, pass it around, you got ninety-eight buckets of fireworms on the wall....................... Forty-one buckets of fireworms on the wall, forty-one buckets of worms! Take one down, pass it around, you got forty buckets of fireworms on the wall..........- one bucket of worms! Take one down, pass it around, you got zero buckets of fireworms on the waaaaaaaaaallllllllllllll.

WasBornCrazy
i dont think my avatar is working but ehh

I haven't actually told my real story have I? xD

Soo... Basically...

Crazy saw RotBTD. Crazy saw all the movies other than HTTYD. Crazy watched HTTYD. Crazy forgot about the movie.

A few years later....

Crazy found the movie when watching random trailers. Crazy clicked on link that said, 'HTTYD 2'. Crazy watched. Crazy screamed. Crazy watched the first movie again. Crazy watched trailer again. Crazy screamed. Crazy became a part of youtube fandom. Crazy found BG. Crazy stalked BG. Crazy became a part of BG.

:D
i'm not very active anymore!! it's sad, but i'll come back sometimes to feel nostalgic ahaha

ADFX-01-Morgan
Seath the Toothless

I managed to get my hands on a copy temporarily, and I just put it on when I had a quiet evening. So I would say I got into this fandom by accident.

Except there are no accidents.

Steampunk! Airships! Aerial Battles! Dragons!

Hope_and_Heir

[color=#B40431]Winner of Shnuckle's Oneshot Fanfiction Contest 2014
[/color]

ADFX-01-Morgan
25 Oct 2014, 13:05
I managed to get my hands on a copy temporarily, and I just put it on when I had a quiet evening. So I would say I got into this fandom by accident.

Except there are no accidents.
I'm just gonna say that book reference just made me super happy and leave it at that :$
'There Were Dragons When I Was A Boy…'