Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
How'd you end up in the fandom?
Topic Started: 26 May 2014, 13:37 (59701 Views)
HumanToothless
Human/Former Dragon/Night Fury

I watched the movie when it came out (I was 11 I think) I was like eh it was a good movie. Then Rise of the Guardians was coming up (2012) and I was like I want to watch it so I watched the trailers and saw from the creators of httyd. I was like I think I saw this movie before so I rewatched httyd and I fell in love with this movie.and that is how I got into the fandom ^_^
I ate a tasty looking purple flower and then the next thing you know I am human. I am currently trying to get used to the whole being human thing so be nice. I am completely human not a hybrid okay?
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

mr.k.c.w.
Dragon fan in Hong Kong
[b](Above this title is a very dorky Hiccup.)
[/b]

You might not believe this but I got into the fandom by reading some fan fictions on deviantArt... before actually realizing that the movie even exists. Yep, I wasn't aware of HTTYD's existence, not until six months ago. Funny thing is, I actually mistaken Night Furies as one character that is sort of important in the Marvel universe, well at at least, few of them (Why did I think of that is beyond me...)

Oh Thor, besides from not watching the movie entirely every time and this, I've got to be one of the weirdest HTTYD fan ever.
Nothing is in this signature, except this sentence describing that there is nothing in this signature.

Seriously, I, [INSERT USERNAME HERE] have nothing to say here. Continue on with your viewing of not-so regularly scheduled posts.

[INSERT CALMING, SUITABLE FOR READING MUSIC]

Sorry to interrupt, I just wanna say....uh...what was I trying to say again? Never mind, continue reading.

HideousZippleback

[color=blue]I'm just here for Snotlout.
[/color]

Nightshade
25 May 2014, 09:59
HideousZippleback
25 May 2014, 04:17
Have been in the fandom since 2004 but the teaser trailer for HTTYD2 brought me to the Tumblr fandom.
hmm, you mean a fandom for dragons or a fandom for httyd, because httyd was released 2010 :P
I mean the books. I became a dragons fan when I read the first book in 2004.

Toothless123
Night Fury

I was meaning to join up for ages. Before I became a member, I looked at the clips. I've been a proud fan of this franchise for four years. Probably longer than any of you, if I do say so myself... :P

NFDan96
The unholy offspring of lightning and death itself

When I first saw the movie, I liked it but didn't think much of it later.

Later on, I thought about it again and I just suddenly got into it. Mainly because I thought Toothless is a really cool dragon and my favourite species of dragon in the movie.
<----------- This should never fail to make you smile. :)

Toothless123
Night Fury

NFDan96
01 Jun 2014, 10:47
When I first saw the movie, I liked it but didn't think much of it later.

Later on, I thought about it again and I just suddenly got into it. Mainly because I thought Toothless is a really cool dragon and my favourite species of dragon in the movie.
Hence your profile picture... :P

Hope_and_Heir

[color=#B40431]Winner of Shnuckle's Oneshot Fanfiction Contest 2014
[/color]

Toothless123
31 May 2014, 18:19
I was meaning to join up for ages. Before I became a member, I looked at the clips. I've been a proud fan of this franchise for four years. Probably longer than any of you, if I do say so myself... :P
*raises brow*
'There Were Dragons When I Was A Boy…'

SplashTheScauldron
Most inactive ass in the fandom

"LONG" STORY:

Splash goes in the cinema.
Splash loves the movie very much.

Then it gets a bit difficult...

I have told my best friend about it, what maybe was a bad idea because she hated the movie. I still wanted to be her best friend (dumb 8 year old splash) and have tried to forget the stuff :( but then, one and a half year ago, I SAW RIDERS OF BERK IN THE TV! a few weeks after that I found this weirdo corner in the internet...
Yes, I ship Dagur and Hiccup.

I apologize for cringy posts I made some years ago

CityCreek

[color=blue]You're all Big Baby Boos. <3
[/color]

I remember watching the movie and falling in love with the soundtrack, so I looked it up on youtube, which led me to HTTYD AMV's etc, eventually I found this really old HTTYD forum and later found it.

I joined Tumblr a few months before the preview images, teaser trailer etc, thus, the perfect time to join the fandom. :'D Over the years I've grown more and more attached to the fandom, it's really an amazing and social fandom with people all over the world!
(( *NEW* Skype - Whitecitycreek))
(Toothless gettin real tired of your sh*t Hiccup)

Heather
Crazy Dragon Lover

My friend introduced it to me when I was at their house, had to go home when the movie was only at the part where Hiccup is about to try to kill Toothless, but freed him instead. A year later, I searched the movie up on my iPad, and I loved it.