Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
How'd you end up in the fandom?
Topic Started: 27 Apr 2014, 15:57 (59107 Views)
Hope_and_Heir

[color=#B40431]Winner of Shnuckle's Oneshot Fanfiction Contest 2014
[/color]

Whether by friend, social media, television, or by good word, share your story of how you ended up in the fandom :)
'There Were Dragons When I Was A Boy…'

PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

N4raDov
Dovahkiin

My brother bought the movie for my little sister for Christmas...I ended up liking it more :)
C4P741N 5W4N

Nightshade
Monstrous Nightmare

I have no idea... XD

AndyMay

[b]
[color=#d51c1c]The Lemon God
[/color]
[/b]

It kind of just...happened. I mean one minute I'm reading some fanfictions ajd the next thing I know, I've posted 500 comments in one day XD
Top Poester for 6 Months Award :D

AuroraBorealis
Monstrous Nightmare

When I was young, I decided to read the first book. Then the second. And went on and on. I LOVED them! (Still do!) So, I heard the movie was coming out and got really exited. I liked it, but went on with my life. The newer books came out, and I grew to love the movie. I was a HTTYD fan. A lonely one, though. The first time I went on the Grapevine was when I saw the link on google, and I went on it, but quickly left. About a year later, I kept finding myself going on this site. One day I explored it, and found out there was nothing bad on it! For a month or so I had no account for commenting. I gave in and made one. I made lots of friends! I wasn't alone!

There you are!
What should I write on my signature? Hmm...
I am a Httyd, Gravity Falls and Portal (One and two) fan.
I'm also a bookworm and an introvert.
That was pretty random, but that's me summed up in two sentences.

Aika

[i]
[b]
[color=Maroon]Viking-in-Training
[/color]
[/b]
[/i]

Though I loved the movie since its premiere in 2010, I didn't become so active in the fandom 'til December of last year. We were driving back to FL from New York City (probs a 19 hour drive) and so I started to watch the first movie again since I had it saved onto my tablet. I think it was then I realized the utter beauty of the movie did I then start blogging little bits of it on Tumblr. Slowly, my blog turned into a dragons blog, and by the time the first trailer (not the teaser, mind you) for HTTYD 2 was released, I knew that this was going to be my new ultimate obsession.

Now here we are.
Come and visit my blog!

Jendora
Hiccup's Girlfriend

My friends/roommates kept telling me that I should watch the movie and I kept kinda saying "Sure, I'll do it later." The first time I watched it, I still was kinda not into it and found ways to leave the room for extended periods of time. It was the second time that I finally caved and watched with them.

Then, I found myself reading and writing fanfictions for the fandom. A little later still, I found Berk's Grapevine and lurked here for awhile to see the news of the sequel. I made an account (finally!) to discuss all the new trailers and interviews and...here we are!

So, long story short, my friends indirectly introduced me to this fandom.
Coming Soon!!

Astrid
Gronckle

oh gods this is going to be long....

So back in 2010 I saw the trailer for httyd and i thought i should rent the movie and watch it, mainly because there was a character with my name and i found that cool (cause let's be honest how many movies have characters with your name), and mainly because toothless was just an irressitible dragon.
So I rented it and watched it and I liked it and that was it, I liked it but i didn't become a fan.

It wasn't until the end of 2012/beggining of 2013 that I kind of rediscovered the film. I was bored and looking for a movie to watch when idk how i just thought about this movie and I watched it again except this time I was like "how didn't i notice all of that before" aka soundtrack, character development, the kind of relationships between the characters and a lot of other things that in a very awkward way reminded me of my journey as a person and other things that happened in my life (and in a funny way it also reminded me of my work). So needless to say I was hooked and then I looked for a tumblr dedicated to dragons, i followed it and i got news about the new movie and well it was too late to turn back but I'm enjoying the ride :)

HideousZippleback

[color=blue]I'm just here for Snotlout.
[/color]

Read the books in 2004. Then I saw the movie and I fell into the fando-ness way back in July when the first teaser trailer came out for HTTYD2 (that's also when I became part of the Tumblr fandom on HTTYD).

Dan_Oceans
What do I put here again?

I saw the movie and I thought it was okay. But my girlfriend started watching Dragons of Berk obsessively and I figured I should go see why she loved the fandom so much and here I am now.
"can you hear the birds sing? saying go the f*** to sleep (to the sound of les mis)"
Spoiler: click to toggle