Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
You know you're a fan when?
Topic Started: 22 Sep 2014, 08:16 (40093 Views)
dragons_ind
My avatar just got 20% Cooler

When you get really angry when someone just disdaining HTTYD title or everything about it. >:( >:( >:(
This happened at my school today, when my friends just laughing and say this sentence loudly (a bit for men only)
the title that made me really mad
Okay, i laughed with anger, and i politely said "I extremely hate if someone messing around with HTTYD, like disdaining it's title, says that it was a bad movie, etc. And i wanna punch that kind of person, like you guys, but you are my friends so i just take this easy, but it's my first warn. Don't do that again, will you?"
Is this kind of protecting the great movie / being a good + protective fan or just being overreacted?
I prefer of protecting the great movie, since i the only one who loved HTTYD in my school.

Sorry for my bad english, i couldn't find more suitable words or synonym for disdain :(
Ninety-nine buckets of fireworms on the wall, ninety-nine buckets of worms! Take one down, pass it around, you got ninety-eight buckets of fireworms on the wall....................... Forty-one buckets of fireworms on the wall, forty-one buckets of worms! Take one down, pass it around, you got forty buckets of fireworms on the wall..........- one bucket of worms! Take one down, pass it around, you got zero buckets of fireworms on the waaaaaaaaaallllllllllllll.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Pikey
Wow!

I think that's quite a big overreaction, opinions are legal so last time I checked people can dislike the movie. The real question is if the reasons said person has for disliking the movie are valid or not.

dragons_ind

Pikey
22 Sep 2014, 12:49
I think that's quite a big overreaction, opinions are legal so last time I checked people can dislike the movie. The real question is if the reasons said person has for disliking the movie are valid or not.
Yeah, i know that maybe i just overreacted, but i couldn't stop my self. Opinions like dislike or like i can accept it very well, but this time i feel like they're disdaining the title (read the spoiler). Sometimes if it just title parody like how to train your flappy bird maybe i'll just okay, or even laugh. But he just went too far.

Conclusion, i don't like if they do something like that, and i need to be calmer and not to overreact next time.
Okay, thanks for that reply ^_^ , i just overreacted :ermm:
Edit : okay, now they do it again and mention that "thing" on my facebook. Keep calm....... -_-

Ninety-nine buckets of fireworms on the wall, ninety-nine buckets of worms! Take one down, pass it around, you got ninety-eight buckets of fireworms on the wall....................... Forty-one buckets of fireworms on the wall, forty-one buckets of worms! Take one down, pass it around, you got forty buckets of fireworms on the wall..........- one bucket of worms! Take one down, pass it around, you got zero buckets of fireworms on the waaaaaaaaaallllllllllllll.

Pikey
Wow!

Come on man just be chill about it. :P My friends come up with much, much worse things, and really often too. Usually don't go a day without 1 or 2. But I'm kind of the opposite, I think they're quite funny (being as immature as I am), they usually get really rude though. Half of which I wouldn't want to post here, but I will say that *one* of them was a play on the next short's title. "Dawn of the ____ Riders", you could probably fill the blank in on that. ;)

If it bothers you that much (or for the BANTS like I do), just have the same play on words for stuff they like. Starts getting really funny (again; immature) if you're not offended by it. 8)

dragons_ind

Okay, now i'm feeling more calmer, i just overreacted that time :P
Yeah, i just overreacted, this what usually happens to me when someone insult(?) what i liked that much.
Okay, thanks for the suggestion ;) I just need to be more funny

Estae
Dragons!

I've always been interested in norse and irish culture/language/history/myths/etc, and then Dragons came along and pretty much secured my undying interest for flying and travel and that cold conglomerate of islands up there by iceland.

Ahah when you contemplate ditching your drivers licenses to get a motercycle so that whenever you go somewhere you can feel the wind all around as if you were flying.

Waking up from dreams about flying dragons, and expecting a night fury to be sleeping by your side.

Wanting to ditch plans of being a biomedical engineer/prostetics scientist in order to work at Dreamworks. Or to ditch plans and be a geneticist in order to genetically create real-life franken-Dragons.

Jokingly (but not really jokingly) hinting at your parents if you can go wing-gliding, and getting an immediate response of "no daughter, you cannot be a dragon, and no you may not risk your life wing-gliding.", so you settle for mere hang-gliding as a future hobby instead.
^but seriously though, hang-gliding is where it's at as far as realistic close-attempts-at-flying gets.

-dragon-racers on tumblr *Not a spoiler-free blog.

Nightshade
Monstrous Nightmare

Estae
23 Sep 2014, 21:47
Jokingly (but not really jokingly) hinting at your parents if you can go wing-gliding, and getting an immediate response of "no daughter, you cannot be a dragon, and no you may not risk your life wing-gliding.", so you settle for mere hang-gliding as a future hobby instead.
^but seriously though, hang-gliding is where it's at as far as realistic close-attempts-at-flying gets.
Lucky me ;)

I only need... ~420 more skydives more to wingsuit-glide (which I guess is what you mean with wing-gliding)
(I don't know about this entirely, I haven't asked anyone yet, but they say that some countries requires 500 skydives and some 200, don't know about Sweden :-/ )

Estae
Dragons!

Nightshade
23 Sep 2014, 22:02
Lucky me ;)

I only need... ~420 more skydives more to wingsuit-glide (which I guess is what you mean with wing-gliding)
(I don't know about this entirely, I haven't asked anyone yet, but they say that some countries requires 500 skydives and some 200, don't know about Sweden :-/ )
oOOooohh! You are!! :blink:
augh, im jealous

I've heard both numbers as well - I've heard some people saying that you should at least 200 before even attempting, but I've also heard some people say that they wouldn't take someone out without ample experience ~400 to ~500 skydives, etc. (I'm in the US, but I guess it varies here). I don't know if these are laws though, or if they're just recommendations from people who already do it.

If it's okay for me to ask, when and how did you start skydiving?
I've always wanted to "fly", but it's just a bit too expensive for me -_-

-dragon-racers on tumblr *Not a spoiler-free blog.

ChinesischSchluckauf

[b]
[color=blue]Shut up, Mokuba!
[/color]
[/b]

Unlucky me.

My parents don't even allow me to go bungee jumping. I can't wait to grow up. :)
Did anybody else notice my signature has shrunk?

The Norse Nerd
-This is Borghild-

ChinesischSchluckauf
23 Sep 2014, 23:05
Unlucky me.

My parents don't even allow me to go bungee jumping. I can't wait to grow up. :)
-_- I know just how you feel...

I don't ship Hiccstrid, deal with it (◡‿◡✿)

~Slytherin~

-Cancer Sun-
-Aries Moon-
-Virgo Ascendant-

Borghild Dragon Riders

Youtube Channel