Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
You know you're a fan when?
Topic Started: 28 Sep 2014, 19:14 (40204 Views)
ChinesischSchluckauf

[b]
[color=blue]Shut up, Mokuba!
[/color]
[/b]

Rider ranger47
28 Sep 2014, 22:54
When you accidently have memorized all of the Dreamworks:Dragons episodes,in order.

With emphasis on the word "accidentally".
Did anybody else notice my signature has shrunk?
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Whitefang
twelve days north of hopeless

ChinesischSchluckauf
28 Sep 2014, 23:14
Rider ranger47
When you accidently have memorized all of the Dreamworks:Dragons episodes,in order.

How do you "accidentally" memorize that many episode titles? :ermm:
and why can't I memorize things for tests like that damn
Find me on tumblr!
I can't bring myself to delete the gifs sorry

8)

ChinesischSchluckauf

[b]
[color=blue]Shut up, Mokuba!
[/color]
[/b]

Whitefang
28 Sep 2014, 23:26
ChinesischSchluckauf
28 Sep 2014, 23:14
Rider ranger47

and why can't I memorize things for tests like that damn
I don't. I don't even watch the TV series :P
Did anybody else notice my signature has shrunk?

Theotherunknown
There were dragons, when I was a boy...

Quote:

I have no idea,I guess when you run a wiki on them you tend to remember them.
How many times must I fix my signature over the years?

Pikey
Wow!

I just remember a lot of the titles because they're easy titles to remember, I've watched the series a couple times for some reason they seem to stick around. :P

Greyliminator
Small home repairs viking

When in concept art class your teacher gets out two artbooks and when he mentioned that one of em was from HTTYD2 I gasped out loud. Other people might've thought I was acting weird but I didn't care, really. I think it's needless to say I spend the rest of the lesson reading that book instead of doing the assignments :D

And ofc i know multiple variations of runes, both real ones and Berkian variations (such as the one seen in the Dragon Manual in HTTYD1)

And I basically remember each sentence from each character in both movies..

And more.. Yea...
Um.. Hi?

Cupcake
Dragon Egg

I knew I was a fan when...

I quoted every line in the movie.
I dedicated my blog to it.
I squeal every time I see anything HTTYD related.

RealHousewifeofBerk
"You don't know this yet, but people need you."
<3

In my class, they were showing us a video for Full Sail University, a school for animation and digital media and such, and they started showing small parts of movies, video games, and songs that their alumni contributed to, and then they showed a clip of HTTYD! :D It was the scene where Hiccup was watching Toothless from the top of the cove and drawing him in his book! So of course, I screamed out loud in the middle of the class, "THAT'S MY MOVIE! THAT'S MY MOVIE! OH MY GOD, THAT'S MY MOVIE!"
And everyone looked at me like a huge wacko.
And at the time, I lived right by Full Sail, in Orlando!
My other fandoms summed up in gifs:

"You have the heart of a Hiro and the soul of a Tadashi."

WasBornCrazy
i dont think my avatar is working but ehh

Our school played HTTYD 2s trailer (I think I've said this before). I was about to scream, so I covered my face. Everyone thought I was crying. :/ -_-

We had a Star Wars themed week last week, and everything was star wars (...I was bored....). We started to watch Empire Strikes Back, and i screamed out, 'HTTYD 2 WAS BASED ON THIS.' Everyone stared at me like I was crazy. Well I am Crazy, but...

I took about 37 selfies with a Toothless blow up at an amusement park, saw Gift of the night fury, legend of the boneknapper dragon and 'the book of dragons' in one day. In a cinema. Full of little kids. At an amusement park.
i'm not very active anymore!! it's sad, but i'll come back sometimes to feel nostalgic ahaha

Toothless123
Night Fury

People are having a conversation about HTTYD just to annoy you. Here's roughly the conversation I had (or tried to have) with some people in a lesson at school today...
Person 1: I saw How to Train Your Dragon 2 at the cinema [which she clearly didn't; as I said, these people are having this conversation just to annoy me].
Person 2: Oh yeah, you know that boy-
Me [ >:( ]: Hiccup...
Person 1: Why are you butting into our conversation for?!
Me: Because you're talking about my favourite film, and I should be allowed to join in.
Person 2: -he finds his mum again, doesn't he?
[They continue talking about stuff for a while which I can't remember]
Person 1: In How to Train Your Dragon 3, Toothless is meant to go crazy, isn't he, because he finds another Night Fury.
[YAAAAAY!!!!! YOU ACTUALLY REMEMBERED A CHARACTER'S, AND A DRAGON SPECIES NAME!!!!! :ermm: >:( ]
[Person 2 and 3 agree]
Me [ :ermm: ]: That's not true.
Person 1: How do you know?!
Me: Because I've joined a How to Train Your Dragon forum, which keeps me up-to-date on the latest news about the film.
[She replies with something stupid, which I also can't be bothered to remember.]

There's also someone else at school who does this; he says "How to Train Your Dragon 3 is coming out!" whenever I walk past him, but we both know he's only joking- unlike the people above; as I've said before, and as I'll say again, they deliberately tried to annoy me- so I always reply, "Liar!" with a smile. He still tries to say it's true, though. :P
And the reason that I know that the people above were trying to annoy me, is because they normally do things like that to me, and they're definitely not HTTYD fans, because fellow fans treat each other with respect- at least, you guys do ;) - and frankly, if they were HTTYD fans, I'd be ashamed that they were members of the fandom. :ermm:
Person 1 probably hasn't even watched HTTYD 2, and they only know who Hiccup (or, as they called him, "that boy" :ermm: ) and Toothless are, and what a Night Fury is, because they saw an advert for the film on TV, or they saw the trailer (I doubt that they even did that! :ermm: ).
I'll be telling them your responses tomorrow, if you have any. ;)