Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
You know you're a fan when?
Topic Started: 20 Oct 2014, 14:16 (40764 Views)
Pikey
Wow!

You always seem to get the most banter from your friends, I take it you talk about it a lot in person? ;)
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

hcsp1
My only master is the free wind

Toothless123
20 Oct 2014, 17:58
People are having a conversation about HTTYD just to annoy you. Here's roughly the conversation I had (or tried to have) with some people in a lesson at school today...
Person 1: I saw How to Train Your Dragon 2 at the cinema [which she clearly didn't; as I said, these people are having this conversation just to annoy me].
Person 2: Oh yeah, you know that boy-
Me [ >:( ]: Hiccup...
Person 1: Why are you butting into our conversation for?!
Me: Because you're talking about my favourite film, and I should be allowed to join in.
Person 2: -he finds his mum again, doesn't he?
[They continue talking about stuff for a while which I can't remember]
Person 1: In How to Train Your Dragon 3, Toothless is meant to go crazy, isn't he, because he finds another Night Fury.
[YAAAAAY!!!!! YOU ACTUALLY REMEMBERED A CHARACTER'S, AND A DRAGON SPECIES NAME!!!!! :ermm: >:( ]
[Person 2 and 3 agree]
Me [ :ermm: ]: That's not true.
Person 1: How do you know?!
Me: Because I've joined a How to Train Your Dragon forum, which keeps me up-to-date on the latest news about the film.
[She replies with something stupid, which I also can't be bothered to remember.]

There's also someone else at school who does this; he says "How to Train Your Dragon 3 is coming out!" whenever I walk past him, but we both know he's only joking- unlike the people above; as I've said before, and as I'll say again, they deliberately tried to annoy me- so I always reply, "Liar!" with a smile. He still tries to say it's true, though. :P
And the reason that I know that the people above were trying to annoy me, is because they normally do things like that to me, and they're definitely not HTTYD fans, because fellow fans treat each other with respect- at least, you guys do ;) - and frankly, if they were HTTYD fans, I'd be ashamed that they were members of the fandom. :ermm:
Person 1 probably hasn't even watched HTTYD 2, and they only know who Hiccup (or, as they called him, "that boy" :ermm: ) and Toothless are, and what a Night Fury is, because they saw an advert for the film on TV, or they saw the trailer (I doubt that they even did that! :ermm: ).
I'll be telling them your responses tomorrow, if you have any. ;)
Brings back memories from junior-high...
People suddenly being interested in "Sonic The Hedgehog" because I walked by. I would usually ignore those people, unless I had a very tight witty remark; like when they were constantly calling him "Sonicx" because the name of the show that aired at the time was "Sonic X" and I'll be like "You have proven to me how much of a fan you are once you can't even say his name right." Video games aren't so main-stream here(Sadly) so they thought I'm a fan of the show, not the games. So from exprience, ignore these people and pay them no mind.

And for those who will ask, by the time I was in junior-high, HTTYD hasn't came out yet. I'm pretty sure the books were also quite new at the time(And let's not mention, most people here don't even know there's a book. I wasn't aware of them until after I saw the first movie.) So that's why I wasn't known as the "HTTYD guy". If it was out at the time, they probably would have used it on me as well...

Toothless123
Night Fury

Pikey
20 Oct 2014, 18:16
You always seem to get the most banter from your friends, I take it you talk about it a lot in person? ;)
To my dad, yeah; unfortunately I don't think there's any people at school who are HTTYD fans... :/ :(

SilaNightFury
Lemon Guru and Cloudjumper Fangirl~

Your friend at work asks what you want for your 21st and you say a life size Cloudjumper plushie. His response: "what are you, 12?"
Me: "No! I'm a dragon mother trucker!" *tuns away flapping arms*
^_^

Pikey
Wow!

SilaNightFury
20 Oct 2014, 19:13
Your friend at work asks what you want for your 21st and you say a life size Cloudjumper plushie. His response: "what are you, 12?"
Me: "No! I'm a dragon mother trucker!" *tuns away flapping arms*
Ha! Showed him. He'll think twice before messing with you again, that's for sure! 8)

Hope_and_Heir

[color=#B40431]Winner of Shnuckle's Oneshot Fanfiction Contest 2014
[/color]

You're being a httyd character for halloween again.
Toothless this time ^_^
'There Were Dragons When I Was A Boy…'

The Norse Nerd
-This is Borghild-

Hope_and_Heir
23 Oct 2014, 16:54
Toothless this time ^_^
I'm going as book Hiccup :P

I don't ship Hiccstrid, deal with it (◡‿◡✿)

~Slytherin~

-Cancer Sun-
-Aries Moon-
-Virgo Ascendant-

Borghild Dragon Riders

Youtube Channel

SilaNightFury
Lemon Guru and Cloudjumper Fangirl~

Hope_and_Heir
Toothless this time ^_^
I almost went as a character this year, but I went with a Miss Kruger costume and I'm going to make Toothless a zombie :D but every year, I make a jack o'lantern lol
^_^

Berserk Shieldmaiden
Superior Warriorness

Hope_and_Heir
Toothless this time ^_^
All the HTTYD costumes in the stores in my town where all for little kids. But I am making my own Viking costume.

Whitefang
twelve days north of hopeless

Hope_and_Heir
Toothless this time ^_^
Book Toothless or movie Toothless? :)
Find me on tumblr!
I can't bring myself to delete the gifs sorry

8)