Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
The little things
Topic Started: 02 May 2014, 22:02 (55068 Views)
Astrid
Gronckle

AndyMay
02 May 2014, 22:01
Can I just quickly say, I love you new avatar.

You have my approval! XD
Thank you! She just looks like a boss B-)
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

AndyMay

[b]
[color=#d51c1c]The Lemon God
[/color]
[/b]

I tried really hard to get that shot of her, but it was always blurry. So I opted to use a shot from slightly before for Disqus.
Top Poester for 6 Months Award :D

Astrid
Gronckle

AndyMay
03 May 2014, 02:03
I tried really hard to get that shot of her, but it was always blurry. So I opted to use a shot from slightly before for Disqus.
idk which program you used but while making a gif on photoshop you can easily get a screencap like this

Jendora
Hiccup's Girlfriend

Okay, there is one scene that gets me every time...and most never even see it (which makes it better!) In the opening scenes (well, a little after, but...) right before Hiccup says "Okay, but I hit a Night Fury.", the dragons are hauling off the livestock. If you look closely, you'll see a sheep come tumbling out of the net the dragons are carrying.

I randomly saw that a year or so ago when I was watching the movie for one of the first times. Now, I laugh so hard every time I see that scene...and no one seems to know why! XD
Coming Soon!!

Toothless
the unholy offspring of lightning and death itself

also maybe that at the end it was toothless that bit hiccups leg in order to protect him ( just a theory )

chimuelo
Blacksmith Apprentice

Toothless
04 May 2014, 17:52
also maybe that at the end it was toothless that bit hiccups leg in order to protect him ( just a theory )
While we don't know for sure what happened in the fireball, I think that it's more likely that Toothless couldn't completely protect Hiccup in his fireproof wings, and Hiccup's foot burned off. I usually associate deliberate amputation with preventing the spread of an infection.

AndyMay

[b]
[color=#d51c1c]The Lemon God
[/color]
[/b]

chimuelo
04 May 2014, 21:40
Toothless
04 May 2014, 17:52
While we don't know for sure what happened in the fireball, I think that it's more likely that Toothless couldn't completely protect Hiccup in his fireproof wings, and Hiccup's foot burned off. I usually associate deliberate amputation with preventing the spread of an infection.
Another possibility is that it was damaged beyond repair when he hit the ground, seeing as Toothless couldn't have absorbed all of the energy when they hit the round.
Top Poester for 6 Months Award :D

scribblefoxx
Member Avatar
a smallish Viking with a longish name

There's one little bit that I've always loved, even though it's really random - early on in the movie, Stoick stabs the map with his knife, and then later on when they're all in the boats you can see the little cut in it still. :P It's a tiny little detail but for some reason it makes me very happy that they pay attention to tiny little continuity bits like that.
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/Wy7QXhS.gif[/img][/center][c] [center] The past is another land, and we cannot go to visit. So, if I say there were [b]dragons[/b], and men who rode upon their backs, who alive has been there and can tell me that I'm wrong? [/center][c][center][img]http://i.imgur.com/jtHiNxQ.gif[/img][/center]

draconicwyvern
kyt, 18, she/her.

That last scene where Hiccup walks out the door and for just a moment Toothless swings his tail around and you can see that both their left tailfin/foot has been lost and every time I watch that, I think "They're the same inside, even if they look different".

*cries*

And then there's the one at the end too where Spitelout has a Terrible Terror perched on his shoulder and I just thought that was amusing :P

Night fury fire

[b]
[color=blue]We're fangirls! It's an occupational hazard...
[/color]
[/b]

Near the end of the movie when toothless is helping hiccup out the door on his fake leg and toothless swishes his tail showing his missing tail fin. I just loved that moment. Also when stoick says "I did this" went he sees toothless after the battle with the red death, which was the exact same line which hiccup said when he found toothless tied up in the forest. To be honest I think it's the little things that make httyd so awesome and unlike any other movie I've seen
^_^ ;) :D :$ :P 8) :'( :( ^) :O :blink: >:( <3 <- me seeing httyd 2