Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
The little things
Topic Started: 12 Jul 2014, 02:58 (54730 Views)
thenightandthefury
Gronckle

Night fury fire
28 Jun 2014, 21:11
Did anyone else see snotlout wipe a tear from his face when they found out hiccup was alive? XD
Yes, and inhonoredglory once said that she always thought of that moment as kind of proving Snotlout isn't as heartless as everyone thinks. Snotlout is still Hiccups cousin, no matter how many times he gets ticked off or annoyed at him, and likewise with Hiccup, he would still be devastated if he died that day.

Here was her blog post about it
Spoiler: click to toggle
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

thenightandthefury
Gronckle

As for the leg, I saw on inhonoredglory's blog someone who met him who got an answer from Dean:

Dan_Oceans
What do I put here again?

the way Hiccup climbed the stairs in an attempt to avoid Stoick, my brothers climb the stairs like that as well. [on all fours]
"can you hear the birds sing? saying go the f*** to sleep (to the sound of les mis)"

Rocky Rose
Deadly Nadder

I was just watching HTTYD and I noticed during the big Green/Red Death battle before Hiccup and the others arrive, that Stoick's shield.. if you look closely and you sort of forget the center piece of metal is there.. is actually a duck silhouette.. :O
"I saw him, and I saw myself."- Hiccup
"With Vikings on the backs of dragons, the world just got a whole lot bigger."

Addicted to DRAGONS :D

My Devianart
My Tumblr (I'm on there ALOT) Nightfury326

draco
mystery dragon, pic drawn by night fury fire. Thank you :)

thenightandthefury
12 Jul 2014, 07:13
As for the leg, I saw on inhonoredglory's blog someone who met him who got an answer from Dean:
So that is the confirmed story of how hiccup lost his leg??
Wow!!
Dragons, need I say more.

Hiccup, chief of berc, dragon master.
Toothless, alpha dragon.
You and me bud we can do this, as one.
It's just a zipple misunderstanding
I like a pit, but I love a boar pit.
i am hurt,I am very much hurt.

Eret
....Son of Eret

draco
21 Jul 2014, 08:15
thenightandthefury
12 Jul 2014, 07:13
So that is the confirmed story of how hiccup lost his leg??
Wow!!
No, its not confirmed... Dean never came to that person's house and never said any of that.... I'd bet my life savings on it

Toothless
the unholy offspring of lightning and death itself

I always thought that's how he lost his leg. Also go back to the beginning scene of the movie where hiccup taps his trebuchet ( the mangler I think it's called ) and it miss fires into the random Vikings face. Just play that same part over and over again and listen to the sound

taiten
Member Avatar
Dragon Egg

athena2235
28 Jun 2014, 05:12
Not my fav, but neat and something I did not notice until pointed out to me.

Toothless is actually the first character we see. If you watch on the mid-lower right when they are showing the Dreamworks logo, you can actually see him fly through the background.
OH my god i was just about to point this out! it really made me happy i saw the night fury fly in the dreamworks logo bg at the intro. it was such a nice touch.

Berkian1
Terrible Terror

I like how the relationships are so complex that they seem real. The whole world seems real. That's what makes it so enticing to me.
"Hiccup what you're looking for isn't out there. It's in here, maybe you just don't see it yet."

Berserk Shieldmaiden
Superior Warriorness

Okay I may be looking to far into this but......

Notice during dragon training and Gobber tells Hiccup "A dragon will always go for the kill" then the scenes switches to Hiccup looking for Toothless in the woods and he says "So why didn't you?"

Later when the Vikings take Toothless to find the nest, Hiccup wonders why he just didn't kill Toothless when he found him. Astrid mentions the how other Vikings would've killed Toothless then she ask the same question "So why didn't you?"