Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
The little things
Topic Started: 13 Aug 2014, 12:34 (55253 Views)
LawOfTheSeas
Defender of Insanity and Master of Apologies

A very tiny detail - not my favourite moment by far, but impressive - when the thunder crashes while Hiccup is reading the Dragon Manual, the candles flicker... Oh, I love that!

I think this has been mentioned before, but I also just love that bit where Toothless is helping Hiccup out of the door, and his tail comes into view, and you can see that they have both lost a part of themselves, and they are now much more understanding of each other. I just love that.
I HAVE RETURNED!

Did you miss me?
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

RealHousewifeofBerk
"You don't know this yet, but people need you."
<3

During the scene where Stoick goes to talk to Hiccup in the forge and give him the helmet, and when Hiccup falls back into the basket, there's some cute trinket-y things on the shelf behind him, like a little thing that looked like a sugar bowl with a lid that had little tiny horns, like a helmet. I thought it was a nice touch and seemed like something anyone might have in their house.

Also, small editing mistake in this scene. At one point, Hiccup's notebook slides of the desk, and a little later in the scene, it's back on the table without anyone ever picking it up.
My other fandoms summed up in gifs:

"You have the heart of a Hiro and the soul of a Tadashi."

obsidianz
Member Avatar
Dragon Egg

Odd thing: Hic's left-handedness and somewhat ambidextrous-ness in public.

Toothless123
Night Fury

In the scene where Hiccup's looking in the Dragon Manual, when he flips to the page of the Whispering Death, the dragon sort of moves out of the book slightly, like it's popping out at you.

Toothless123
Night Fury

obsidianz
26 Oct 2014, 09:08
Odd thing: Hic's left-handedness and somewhat ambidextrous-ness in public.
I read somewhere that in Victorian times, if a child was left handed, their teachers would strap the left hand's fingers together (I think that's what they did, anyway)so that they couldn't use that hand, and they had to use their right. Maybe left-handedness was seen as a weakness in Viking times too, and the fact that Hiccup was ambidextrous in public could have meant that he was afraid to show that he was left-handed.

hcsp1
My only master is the free wind

Maybe someone mentioned it, but when Gobber gives Hiccup the new tail fin for Toothless and there is a close up on Hiccup's face you can actually see the scar Cloudjumper gave him when he was a baby.

I know it was probably intended to be a scar from the Red Death battle, but it looks simillar so I'm counting it.

RealHousewifeofBerk
"You don't know this yet, but people need you."
<3

Actually, you can sort of see the scar a few times before then. During Astrid's introduction, it's really visible, and then in the forge, when he's at his desk rolling the pencil around, right before Stoick walks in.
Probably other times too, but these are the ones I remember the most.
My other fandoms summed up in gifs:

"You have the heart of a Hiro and the soul of a Tadashi."

durandalfr
Member Avatar
Dragon Egg

A little thing that makes sense for me after watching the HTTYD 2: The alpha protects them all: when Hiccup says in the first movie that the night fury never take any food and just keep destroying the catapults. It's a clue that Toothless had the alpha blood in its veins, protecting the others dragons so they could bring enough food in order to not be eaten. (toothless being eventually to fast for the queen to be bothered by that)

Toothless123
Night Fury

I just noticed something kind of adorable. <3

In the Dragon Training scene, when Hiccup and the others are lining up, Fishlegs looks over at Hiccup. The expression on his face is so cute and reassuring; "It's okay, you'll do fine."

I just found that really sweet. ^_^

Evan Electric Eel III
Shadow Striker

When Hiccup is dragged past the other kids by Stoick after the opening dragon attack if you look closely Astrid looks sad.