Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Can you relate to Hiccup?
Topic Started: 07 May 2014, 11:15 (4558 Views)
The Norse Nerd
-This is Borghild-

I can really relate to him a lot because I don't have many friends either. I am really sarcastic too. My family actually gets annoyed by it. No one thought I could really do anything. I like to make stuff and draw too! When the movie came out I thought it really spoke to me and that's why I love it. Look up the song me without you. That's how I feel about the movie :)

I don't ship Hiccstrid, deal with it (◡‿◡✿)

~Slytherin~

-Cancer Sun-
-Aries Moon-
-Virgo Ascendant-

Borghild Dragon Riders

Youtube Channel
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

SplashTheScauldron
Most inactive ass in the fandom

I have exactly the sarcasm ^^

and sure im smart!
Yes, I ship Dagur and Hiccup.

I apologize for cringy posts I made some years ago

Dragon's Apprentice
Mr. Potato Sandwich

If I were transcribed into a dreamworks world Iwould be Hiccup.

My dad is incredibly like Stoick, although he is really nice to me at times he doesn't always listen to what I say even if it's right just because i'm seventeen. My dad even though I am seventeen is still a lot bigger than I am or ever will be, when I was fourteen if you saw a pic of me and him together there would be the same size difference as Hiccup and Stoick.
My dad is the unofficial leader and 'chief' of the village where i live. He's at the head of all community projects and if i try to help he ignores me while focusing on the village at large. (he's too polite to tell me to go inside though :p)

I've never been bullied always had friends, but I've never bee one of the 'cool vikings' :p

I adore animals, and for every animal that I know there has been at least one Hiccup/Toothless moment and with the more dangerous dogs and cats it has actually mirrored it. And I'm actually planning to be a wild animal behaviourist (which is actually what Hiccup is :L)

I'm smart, have a good memory and I'm imaginative and have a great ability of solving problems. (I'm also usually quite modest but it has to be said when comparing myself to Hiccup)

On another thrad I've already talked about how i look like him (both when i was 14 and the first movie came out, and 17 for httyd2)
I also share his sense of humour, I'm always sarcastic,
I love to invent things (even if it doesn't always go to plan- eg home-made waffle toaster... exploded into flames- that was probably the worst one though well it was more of a spark but i like to exaggerate :L)

The only differences between me and Hiccup:
I'm Irish he's Scottish
He lives in a world with dragons and vikings, i live in one with Lions, tigers wolves bears and modern people ... like you :)

If I imagined myself into their world (as i have in my rp : brothers in arms) I would just see another Hiccup :p
"I was so afraid of becoming my dad. Mostly because I thought I never could. How do you become someone that great, that brave, that selfless? I guess you can only try."</3

thescienceofmagic
Hairy Hooligan

Absolutely, as I suspect the majority of the fandom do also.
One of the main reasons we love characters is because we can feel and relate to them, so it's not surprising that this is the case with Hiccup.

For me, it's because I've never really fit in and would rather be elsewhere doing my own thing than with others - whether that be drawing or exploring or secretly training and riding dragons (okay maybe not that last one). I also like to think I rival his levels of sarcasm ^.^

"I'm not a fan of quoting other people in signatures, especially when they aren't funny." -Zer0x 2014

scribblefoxx
Member Avatar
a smallish Viking with a longish name

I don't relate to him personally, but I can empathize with him and I love his personality so much. :P I'm also very sarcastic, like him (although I'm not sure if I love Hiccup because I'm sarcastic or if I'm sarcastic because I love Hiccup :huh: ).
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/Wy7QXhS.gif[/img][/center][c] [center] The past is another land, and we cannot go to visit. So, if I say there were [b]dragons[/b], and men who rode upon their backs, who alive has been there and can tell me that I'm wrong? [/center][c][center][img]http://i.imgur.com/jtHiNxQ.gif[/img][/center]

HideousZippleback

[color=blue]I'm just here for Snotlout.
[/color]

Here's the thing: I may not like Hiccup to much but I can relate to him a lot (mainly his HTTYD version of himself) except I don't purposely try to screw stuff up just to prove myself to people because I actually don't care as much about being accepted as Hiccup did.

draco
mystery dragon, pic drawn by night fury fire. Thank you :)

thescienceofmagic
07 May 2014, 19:16
Absolutely, as I suspect the majority of the fandom do also.
One of the main reasons we love characters is because we can feel and relate to them, so it's not surprising that this is the case with Hiccup.

For me, it's because I've never really fit in and would rather be elsewhere doing my own thing than with others - whether that be drawing or exploring or secretly training and riding dragons (okay maybe not that last one). I also like to think I rival his levels of sarcasm ^.^
this pretty much mirrors me when i was younger. Almost no friends, and would rather be by myself most of the times.I liked to draw to, but the dragon riding part lol i wish. As for the sarcasm, i was really shy and quite when i was younger, but now, my sarcastic side tends to show itself sometimes.
Dragons, need I say more.

Hiccup, chief of berc, dragon master.
Toothless, alpha dragon.
You and me bud we can do this, as one.
It's just a zipple misunderstanding
I like a pit, but I love a boar pit.
i am hurt,I am very much hurt.

RachaelRose
Dragon Egg

I'm incredibly sarcastic like him for starters!
I think I have some traits similar to his; I don't mind my own company and whilst I have a great group of friends I'm certainly not popular and I don't really have a best friend. I love animals and strike up quite a bond with them and I can also relate to some of what he's been through but I mostly just empathize with him and look up to him because I think he has a really strong personality and I guess I wish I could be a bit more like him and handle things as well as he does!!!

LawOfTheSeas
Defender of Insanity and Master of Apologies

I find that I relate more with Toothless for some reason. Wile I understand some of Hiccups problems, Toothless seems to me to be the more in-depth character in some ways.
I HAVE RETURNED!

Did you miss me?

BerserkDragon
antisocial british nerd with a youtube channel

I can relate to Hiccup :) When I first moved to France I was often cast out with racist remarks, but then things started getting better :) And I'm the only person in my family - and anywhere where I live - who's obsessed Dragons, so I'm an outcast when it comes to conversations. But like him I don't really mind, I'm happy by myself, even though I have a few close friends :D
And I have a sense of humour that no one really understands, a bit like Hiccup's sarcasm XD

When it comes to "jobs", he's a dragon trainer, I'm the cat tamer for my house XD we started off with two cats, and... well, now we kind of have five... that I've tamed from barns... Dad's not very happy XD
Me? An otaku? Pfff.

Yes I do like dragons if you're wondering. Doesn't seem like it from my profile pic n signature, I know, but I do.