Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Favorite Scene
Topic Started: 25 May 2014, 10:29 (5399 Views)
Whitefang
twelve days north of hopeless

I probably have a three-way tie between:
1. Test Drive, the music is amazing and the entire scene is just so exciting
2. Romantic Flight, again I love the music and the part where Astrid says, "It's amazing." and then looks down at Toothless and says, "He's amazing."
3. The part where the teens come to the rescue on the Kill Ring dragons (Hookfang, Stormfly, etc) and Gobber says to Stoick, "Every bit the bull-headed, stubborn Viking you ever were."
Find me on tumblr!
I can't bring myself to delete the gifs sorry

8)
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Hope_and_Heir

[color=#B40431]Winner of Shnuckle's Oneshot Fanfiction Contest 2014
[/color]

Forbidden Frienship… it spoke to me on a whole new level... And made me smile while in the middle of a terrible life experience
'There Were Dragons When I Was A Boy…'

BerserkDragon
antisocial british nerd with a youtube channel

The bit was Hiccup has to avoid Toothless' drawing is adorable with the music and everything :D but the part that struck me the most was when Hiccup and Toothless are flying through the rocks with the Red Death behind them. It just struck me because for a split second I got the feeling I was in Hiccup's place and I could almost feel the thrill of flying at neck-breaking speeds followed by a massive psycho dragon. Also the fact that Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III, the runt of Berk, was watched by a hundred vikings as he was the only one out of all of them that could defeat the Red Death (with Toothless, of course).
Me? An otaku? Pfff.

Yes I do like dragons if you're wondering. Doesn't seem like it from my profile pic n signature, I know, but I do.

Cintique
mysterious hooded man

For me it's an even split between the montage of Hiccup discovering more about dragons and reapplying this knowledge in the arena, and the scene where Hiccup commands his peers and totally saves everyone's butts in the final battle.

Tumblr

Norskie
Member Avatar
Norskie

Huge fan of the Romantic Flight scene. One of my goals is watching that scene while on an airplane at sunset. I'm a huge sucker for Hiccup/Astrid but also the music is one of greatest melodies in my opinion and the scenery is gorgeous.

Uff da, yo.

mr.k.c.w.
Dragon fan in Hong Kong
[b](Above this title is a very dorky Hiccup.)
[/b]

Oddly enough, for me is the scene where Hiccup and Stoick were having their 'one-sided' conversation. I don't know, it's just really stands out to me.

To me, the scene was a defining scene for Hiccup and Stoick's relationship - misunderstands. Both characters had a scene before that, that shows how they misunderstand each other and in that scene, it will just brings it up to a point where they really do not have that well of a father-son relationship and understanding.

Also, I like how Hiccup argue with Stoick without actually have examples. I think that's probably why Stoick didn't listen to him - Hiccup didn't have a valid argument.
Nothing is in this signature, except this sentence describing that there is nothing in this signature.

Seriously, I, [INSERT USERNAME HERE] have nothing to say here. Continue on with your viewing of not-so regularly scheduled posts.

[INSERT CALMING, SUITABLE FOR READING MUSIC]

Sorry to interrupt, I just wanna say....uh...what was I trying to say again? Never mind, continue reading.

Black Pearl
Dragon Egg

I have infact two favourites.

- The "Forbidden Friendship" scene. It's just wonderful how they managed to show us how they bond without using any dialog at all.

- The ending (Stoick: "I did this..."). This was so sad and yet so beautiful. I am a drama queen. I never thought he would really lose his food. I mean, its a kids movie. But he did and I loved it (oookay... that might sound rude... :unsure: )
Ewww... how can I explain this? xD
It's so different compared to other kids movies where everything is fine. I mean Simba lost his father, Bambis his mother, but they both were the heroes and they did not get hurt at all in the end. They both became kings and everything was fine, but Hiccup, well, I think he might have still some issues with his leg

e.g. ATTENTION HTTYD2 SPOILER
Spoiler: click to toggle

AuroraBorealis
Monstrous Nightmare

Hope_and_Heir
25 May 2014, 15:13
Forbidden Frienship… it spoke to me on a whole new level... And made me smile while in the middle of a terrible life experience
I know, right... that song is amazing...
What should I write on my signature? Hmm...
I am a Httyd, Gravity Falls and Portal (One and two) fan.
I'm also a bookworm and an introvert.
That was pretty random, but that's me summed up in two sentences.

HideousZippleback

[color=blue]I'm just here for Snotlout.
[/color]

Romantic Flight, Test Drive, Forbidden Friendship and Counter Attack are some of the best! (And literally all most all of them are flight sequences and I love flight sequences).

MudkipStar
im just kinda here well occasionally

which one is Counter Attack?
hi im réka
im developing a mildly unhealthy obsession with obiwan kenobi (more like obiwan kenoBAE am i right)
my personal tumblr is ninja-stop
im also writing a fantasy/humor novel called RESET which i won nanowrimo 2015 with i have a writing tumblr for it if you wanna check that out
yeah thats it this probably isnt what should go in a signature but w/e
i have 2 pet buns