Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
What would you change in httyd?
Topic Started: 22 May 2014, 15:02 (2612 Views)
N4raDov
Dovahkiin

Freyja
21 May 2014, 22:25
if I had to change one thing it would be Hiccup and Astrid falling in love. I think the movie would have still been amazing without the love interests and stuff. Well I'm off to write my will now... since the Hiccstrid fandom will most likely kill me.
I agree with this actually. I would have liked it better if they didn't jump in so quickly with a romance that was really unnecessary to the movie as a whole. Hiccup and Astrid were/are fine as individuals, and personally I would have liked them to be friends first, to give Astrid more time to see Hiccup for who he is without it feeling cheesy and rushed. and don't give me the whole "she always liked him" theory. I've heard it before, but no matter how hard I try, I don't see it. and personally, I liked it better when she only saw him as competition anyway.
C4P741N 5W4N
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

AndyMay

[b]
[color=#d51c1c]The Lemon God
[/color]
[/b]

I've always felt that it wouldn't of seemed so rushed if they had the budget to add the forge scene. It's such a nice little clip that shows that they do actually talk.

And I know you said don't talk about the 'she already liked him' thing, but supposedly there are little hints to that in the film.
Top Poester for 6 Months Award :D

Night fury fire

[b]
[color=blue]We're fangirls! It's an occupational hazard...
[/color]
[/b]

AndyMay
22 May 2014, 20:10
I've always felt that it wouldn't of seemed so rushed if they had the budget to add the forge scene. It's such a nice little clip that shows that they do actually talk.

And I know you said don't talk about the 'she already liked him' thing, but supposedly there are little hints to that in the film.
Yeah quite a funny scene too. It's a shame. What I really wanted to see in the dragons franchise was the dream scene in gift of the night fury
^_^ ;) :D :$ :P 8) :'( :( ^) :O :blink: >:( <3 <- me seeing httyd 2

N4raDov
Dovahkiin

Do you mean add to the forge scene with them that they already have, or is there a deleted clip I don't know about? Cuz I think that part where she catches him in the forge at night proves just as much as anything else that she never liked him before. She never even noticed him until he started beating her, just like everyone else. And for what its worth, I'm guessing they will make a cute couple in HTTYD 2, since it has been 5 years and that should help. I don't know if it will make me ship them, but who knows.
C4P741N 5W4N

Whitefang
twelve days north of hopeless

N4raDov
22 May 2014, 20:47
Do you mean add to the forge scene with them that they already have, or is there a deleted clip I don't know about? Cuz I think that part where she catches him in the forge at night proves just as much as anything else that she never liked him before. She never even noticed him until he started beating her, just like everyone else. And for what its worth, I'm guessing they will make a cute couple in HTTYD 2, since it has been 5 years and that should help. I don't know if it will make me ship them, but who knows.
(sorry for randomly butting in XP)
There was a deleted scene called "Axe to Grind". It's on YouTube if you want to see it, I personally think it's pretty funny. Basically Astrid goes to the forge to get her axe sharpened and Hiccup (as usual) screws it up. But it's cute x3
Find me on tumblr!
I can't bring myself to delete the gifs sorry

8)

AndyMay

[b]
[/color]
[/b]

Whitefang
22 May 2014, 23:39
N4raDov
There was a deleted scene called "Axe to Grind". It's on YouTube if you want to see it, I personally think it's pretty funny. Basically Astrid goes to the forge to get her axe sharpened and Hiccup (as usual) screws it up. But it's cute x3
Thanks. Never could remember the name of the scene.

Whitefang
twelve days north of hopeless

AndyMay
23 May 2014, 00:01
Whitefang
22 May 2014, 23:39
N4raDov
Thanks. Never could remember the name of the scene.
No problem :) it's really a shame they took it out though… I would've loved to see it finished and animated… you know, completed instead of just left like it was.
Find me on tumblr!
I can't bring myself to delete the gifs sorry

8)

N4raDov
Dovahkiin

Thanks! I didn't know there was a deleted scene. I'll look it up.
C4P741N 5W4N

Berserk Shieldmaiden
Superior Warriorness

I guess I would've changed how quickly Hiccup seemed to forgive everyone at the end. Especially Stoick. He should've let everyone know that it would take some time for him to fully trust them. Think about it. He had to nearly die before Berk realized the error of their ways.

AndyMay

[b]
[/color]
[/b]

Berserk Shieldmaiden
23 May 2014, 05:11
I guess I would've changed how quickly Hiccup seemed to forgive everyone at the end. Especially Stoick. He should've let everyone know that it would take some time for him to fully trust them. Think about it. He had to nearly die before Berk realized the error of their ways.
I have to disagree with this one. I think Hiccup just isn't the kind of person to hold grudges like that.