Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Hiccup's Leg
Topic Started: 21 Jun 2014, 16:57 (3528 Views)
N4raDov
Dovahkiin

I don't think it was burned...not to that extent at least (he fell head first toward the fire). I think its most likely that Toothless was forced to bite or grab him hard enough to cause the damage, because in our last shot of them at that part the closest thing to Toothless is Hiccup's feet. And in Defenders of Berk "Smoke Gets in Your Eyes" you can see some real concern on Hiccup's face when Toothless bites his remaining foot to get him away from the Smokebreaths. That and
Spoiler: click to toggle
Not sure if I really needed to put that in spoiler, but oh well. I don't know how many of you still haven't seen HTTYD 2.
C4P741N 5W4N
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

AndyMay

[b]
[color=#d51c1c]The Lemon God
[/color]
[/b]

N4raDov
21 Jun 2014, 20:57
I don't think it was burned...not to that extent at least (he fell head first toward the fire). I think its most likely that Toothless was forced to bite or grab him hard enough to cause the damage, because in our last shot of them at that part the closest thing to Toothless is Hiccup's feet. And in Defenders of Berk "Smoke Gets in Your Eyes" you can see some real concern on Hiccup's face when Toothless bites his remaining foot to get him away from the Smokebreaths. That and
Not sure if I really needed to put that in spoiler, but oh well. I don't know how many of you still haven't seen HTTYD 2.
Half of us haven't seen it still so I advise you mark spoilers like this
This is the way to do it
Top Poester for 6 Months Award :D

CityCreek

[color=blue]You're all Big Baby Boos. <3
[/color]

When it saw a massive ball of fire heading towards Hiccup it went 'F*ck this' and flew away.
(( *NEW* Skype - Whitecitycreek))
(Toothless gettin real tired of your sh*t Hiccup)

Lageos
Member Avatar
Gronckle

I don't think it was bitten off, remember, Nightfurys have retractable teeth, If he were to grab on to hiccup, he would have done it without teeth. Remember at that point, toothless matched hiccup's velocity, he would have not needed to grab hiccup apart from a small tug to pull him in. Also Toothless couldn't decelerate due to having his wings around Hiccup, thus they crashed into the gravel beach. My opinion is that it was burned off, back then, such a wound like a third degree burn would be fatal or would need to be amputated due to the lack of skin, if left untreated, would go septic and could threaten the life of the patient.

draconicwyvern
kyt, 18, she/her.

Baricuda
22 Jun 2014, 01:50
I don't think it was bitten off, remember, Nightfurys have retractable teeth, If he were to grab on to hiccup, he would have done it without teeth. Remember at that point, toothless matched hiccup's velocity, he would have not needed to grab hiccup apart from a small tug to pull him in. Also Toothless couldn't decelerate due to having his wings around Hiccup, thus they crashed into the gravel beach. My opinion is that it was burned off, back then, such a wound like a third degree burn would be fatal or would need to be amputated due to the lack of skin, if left untreated, would go septic and could threaten the life of the patient.
I also feel like it was burnt off. In the Peg Leg clip, there's this sentence:
Also, you make a great point Bari about the retractable teeth. Furthermore, if it had been bitten off, there would be a tremendous amount of blood loss. No blood in Toothless' jaws. No blood was seen on the ground (although that could just be a visual aspect) but blood loss like that could only be cauterized by a dragon's fire, and even then I doubt that really happened. (on a side note, this is where my idea inside Ideas and Prompts came from XD)

N4raDov
Dovahkiin

AndyMay
21 Jun 2014, 23:38
N4raDov
This is the way to do it
Thanks for the tip :)

You make a good point Baricuda about Toothless not needing to pull harshly to get Hiccup. So maybe that's not how it happened. But I don't think it was burned, because Hiccup fell with his back to the fire, head first. When Toothless got to him, Hiccup's feet would have been closest so he would have grabbed those first, at least in my imagining. Honestly I think most of these theories could be correct. I wonder if anyone has actually asked Dean about this? Surely he has his own idea. Maybe during the AMA I heard about on June 27?
C4P741N 5W4N

underwater-smiles
wanna-be dragon trainer

N4raDov
22 Jun 2014, 02:21
AndyMay
21 Jun 2014, 23:38
N4raDov
This is the way to do it
Thanks for the tip :)

You make a good point Baricuda about Toothless not needing to pull harshly to get Hiccup. So maybe that's not how it happened. But I don't think it was burned, because Hiccup fell with his back to the fire, head first. When Toothless got to him, Hiccup's feet would have been closest so he would have grabbed those first, at least in my imagining. Honestly I think most of these theories could be correct. I wonder if anyone has actually asked Dean about this? Surely he has his own idea. Maybe during the AMA I heard about on June 27?
I don't think that it could have been burnt off anyway, because like you said, he was heading head first into the fire, and second, since Toothless got to him on time, it wouldn't matter really that they were surrounded by flame, because Toothless is fire-proof.
I was thinking that maybe it was somehow broken beyond repair? Like the bone in his leg/foot was so mess up that the doctors or whomever couldn't put it back together.
everything is better with flower crowns!

check out my tumblr here: underwater-smiles.tumblr.com

N4raDov
Dovahkiin

underwater-smiles
22 Jun 2014, 02:44
I don't think that it could have been burnt off anyway, because like you said, he was heading head first into the fire, and second, since Toothless got to him on time, it wouldn't matter really that they were surrounded by flame, because Toothless is fire-proof.
I was thinking that maybe it was somehow broken beyond repair? Like the bone in his leg/foot was so mess up that the doctors or whomever couldn't put it back together.
Yep, I think his leg being broken is probably a good explanation. Back then, I'm not sure how they would have treated a broken leg, especially if it was really bad. But something that might refute that theory is when they find Hiccup, Gobber says right then "Well, most of him." That kinda suggests that Hiccup's leg was already missing, which could verify Toothless biting it. I think that's still a possibility, cuz once I saw someone mention that Toothless could have used his teeth because he wouldn't be able to get a good grip on Hiccup with just his gums. But I don't know. Maybe Gobber said that because he could tell with one look that Hiccup wouldn't be able to keep the leg.
C4P741N 5W4N

draconicwyvern
kyt, 18, she/her.

N4raDov
22 Jun 2014, 02:51
underwater-smiles
22 Jun 2014, 02:44
Yep, I think his leg being broken is probably a good explanation. Back then, I'm not sure how they would have treated a broken leg, especially if it was really bad. But something that might refute that theory is when they find Hiccup, Gobber says right then "Well, most of him." That kinda suggests that Hiccup's leg was already missing, which could verify Toothless biting it. I think that's still a possibility, cuz once I saw someone mention that Toothless could have used his teeth because he wouldn't be able to get a good grip on Hiccup with just his gums. But I don't know. Maybe Gobber said that because he could tell with one look that Hiccup wouldn't be able to keep the leg.
I think broken makes more sense than bitten off. Otherwise, as I said earlier, there would be lots of blood loss, and there was no blood surrounding Toothless' mouth, even if Toothless didn't have time to retract his teeth.

draco
mystery dragon, pic drawn by night fury fire. Thank you :)

This is the theory i was leaning towards.
Dragons, need I say more.

Hiccup, chief of berc, dragon master.
Toothless, alpha dragon.
You and me bud we can do this, as one.
It's just a zipple misunderstanding
I like a pit, but I love a boar pit.
i am hurt,I am very much hurt.