Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Hiccups' Shield
Topic Started: 28 Jun 2014, 16:31 (3336 Views)
NightoftheFury
Shhh...Toothless is watching

Lady DragonKeeper

He obviously moved on to Inferno
Gobber: if you have a choice between a sword and a shield, take the shield.

Come on hiccup...why did you ditch the shield. I can think of a few places in httyd2 where it could have helped him.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Lady DragonKeeper
Hatchling

NightoftheFury
28 Jun 2014, 20:31
Lady DragonKeeper

Come on hiccup...why did you ditch the shield. I can think of a few places in httyd2 where it could have helped him.
That is so true! I forgot about that quote ... :P though they weren't fighting dragons anymore, so maybe that's why? Maybe cause it was too cumbersome with all the gliding he's doing with his flight suit ... but I agree he could have used it in HTTYD2. Gah, can you picture Hiccup with Inferno AND his shield??? ^_^ That could have been so cool! And he could have attached it to Toothless' saddle or something... :)

DerangedTheDagur
Pirate Lord of the Berk archipelago

Thanks you guys :D

My plan was to have my sword on my back, and the handle of the sheild would have been able to slide onto it. Shame I won't be using it, at least not this year
"I think we've all arrived at a very special place. Spiritually, ecumenically, grammatically." ~Captain Jack Sparrow

Toothless123
Night Fury

I think the reason why he didn't have the shield is because the series is not carried over into the films, if you know what I mean. For example, the Outcasts were exclusive to Riders/Defenders Of Berk, because they didn't make an appearance in the films. :D

The Norse Nerd
-This is Borghild-

NightoftheFury
28 Jun 2014, 20:31
Lady DragonKeeper

Spoiler: click to toggle

I don't ship Hiccstrid, deal with it (◡‿◡✿)

~Slytherin~

-Cancer Sun-
-Aries Moon-
-Virgo Ascendant-

Borghild Dragon Riders

Youtube Channel

WasBornCrazy
i dont think my avatar is working but ehh

EXACTLY. But then it'll bring the emotional status down.
i'm not very active anymore!! it's sad, but i'll come back sometimes to feel nostalgic ahaha

Eret
....Son of Eret

Oh at first I thought you were talking about Hiccup's shield that got stuck in the cove in HTTYD1. My headcanon is that its still stuck there five years later. I hope they revisit it in httyd3, lol.

draco
mystery dragon, pic drawn by night fury fire. Thank you :)

Eret
02 Jul 2014, 01:23
Oh at first I thought you were talking about Hiccup's shield that got stuck in the cove in HTTYD1. My headcanon is that its still stuck there five years later. I hope they revisit it in httyd3, lol.
That would be cool to see him go back and it's still stuck there.
Dragons, need I say more.

Hiccup, chief of berc, dragon master.
Toothless, alpha dragon.
You and me bud we can do this, as one.
It's just a zipple misunderstanding
I like a pit, but I love a boar pit.
i am hurt,I am very much hurt.

theringhero
All that is gold does not glitter.

That shield looks nice!

And I agree, I thought it odd that the shield din't make any sort of cameo is the film, not even hanging on the wall or something. I mean, they briefly showed Gobber fixing a Zippleback's tooth, so they obviously had no qualms about referencing the series.

:ruffnut: :tuffnut: :gobber:

thescienceofmagic
Hairy Hooligan

Woaah Deranged that's pretty sweet. Great job! I've been thinking of making one too so that's pretty useful. I also want to hopefully make Astrid's axe if anyone has any advice or examples of that too, thanks (: For those that don't have spare crates lying around though, what material/sort of wood would be best? EG reasonably cheap and easy to obtain and preferably fairly light.

"I'm not a fan of quoting other people in signatures, especially when they aren't funny." -Zer0x 2014