Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Hiccups' Shield
Topic Started: 19 Jun 2014, 04:48 (3252 Views)
SplashTheScauldron
Most inactive ass in the fandom

I'm a Shieldcup shipper. Deal with it XD

What do you think about the Shield? And it's not in the second film, is it?

And does anybody know how I can build me one?

EDIT: I don't know in which category I should put it, maybe Dreamworks dragons?
Yes, I ship Dagur and Hiccup.

I apologize for cringy posts I made some years ago
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

DerangedTheDagur
Pirate Lord of the Berk archipelago

I personally really liked the sheild, and no, it wasn't in the second movie. It would have been nice to see it up on a wall or something, kind of an homage to the series, but I don't think anything from DoB was ever mentioned or referenced :(

And as for making one, I built mine by taking an old wooden crate, cutting a circle out of it, painting the emblem and put an old pot lid in the center. And here is the result:

I plan on making a better one out of better wood when I have time, might make a good wall piece. This one was originally going to be used for a costume, but I went in a different direction with it (ARRR...)

As for making the Gronckle Iron version... Good luck, lol. Perhaps if you cut the wood into triangles that make up a circle, then paint it silver?
"I think we've all arrived at a very special place. Spiritually, ecumenically, grammatically." ~Captain Jack Sparrow

SplashTheScauldron
Most inactive ass in the fandom

DerangedTheDagur
19 Jun 2014, 09:36
I plan on making a better one out of better wood when I have time, might make a good wall piece. This one was originally going to be used for a costume, but I went in a different direction with it (ARRR...)

As for making the Gronckle Iron version... Good luck, lol. Perhaps if you cut the wood into triangles that make up a circle, then paint it silver?

Splash: Dad? can I have wood and a few really sharp utensils? I want to build something.

Dad: *moves back*

Yes, I should only dream about it... or wait until I'm 18 XD
Yes, I ship Dagur and Hiccup.

I apologize for cringy posts I made some years ago

mycove
Terrible Terror

Deranged, your shield looks really cool !

DerangedTheDagur

Thank you! :D I wish it would stay in one piece though, lol. I used it in the "Dragons, dragons, dragons" video, and what you can't see is the packing tape holding the metal part onto it, hahaha.
"I think we've all arrived at a very special place. Spiritually, ecumenically, grammatically." ~Captain Jack Sparrow

mycove
Terrible Terror

KD that does the trick all the same !

DerangedTheDagur

KD? Not sure what that is...

N4raDov
Dovahkiin

I'm in love with the shield and every time Hiccup uses it :) It's so cool! I was also really hoping to at least see it in the background in HTTYD 2...but no :( I wonder if we begged the animators, if they would add it in somewhere for the 3rd?
C4P741N 5W4N

Lady DragonKeeper
Hatchling

Wow, great job on the shield!

I'm also a fan of Hiccup's shield --it would be awesome if it showed up in the movies somewhere ... He obviously moved on to Inferno, but I like the idea of it being in the background, maybe his room or something?

LOL, I saw the toy shield they were selling on sale at WalMart And I almost bought it, but then I thought I'd be able to use the $15 to get materials to make one my size. :P

@DerangedTheDagur - how were you planning to hold/carry the shield? How would you make and attach a strap?

draco
mystery dragon, pic drawn by night fury fire. Thank you :)

Great job on the shield.
Dragons, need I say more.

Hiccup, chief of berc, dragon master.
Toothless, alpha dragon.
You and me bud we can do this, as one.
It's just a zipple misunderstanding
I like a pit, but I love a boar pit.
i am hurt,I am very much hurt.