Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Dragon and Viking Pairs
Topic Started: 21 Jun 2014, 21:44 (1446 Views)
draconicwyvern
kyt, 18, she/her.

If this has been posted before, I'm sorry. Also if this doesn't belong here, then please move this, mods. Thanks.

I just like exploring the bonds and similarities between dragons and their riders.

I also came up with this colour analysis on the gang's dragons. Of course this is just my opinion but I thought it was interesting.

Hiccup>Toothless>Black, green eyes

Black meaning mysterious, suspicious. Hiccup was acting suspicious. Also Hiccup hides his true self. Green eyes because Hiccup also has green eyes and "I looked at him, and I saw myself"

More personality>Sarcastic, stubborn>Striker
Other>Lost left appendage.

Hiccup absolutely, positively drips sarcasm.

Striker because he reveals his true nature, like a snake "striking". Also in the
TV series,

Astrid>Stormfly>Blue, Yellow

1. Of course Astrid has blonde hair, blue eyes, but that's not the point I'm trying to make.
2. Blue because she seems coldhearted and uninterested towards the rest of the gang. Yellow because she will warm up to you.

More personality >Loves to preen itself, light and agile>Sharp/now Tracker
Astrid means "divine beauty". She's supposed to be beautiful. Nadders love to preen themselves. They're both light and fast on their feet. You see Astrid doing all those barrel rolls and somersaults in the movie, and Nadders are described to be lightfooted.

Sharp because Astrid is great with her axe. Tracker because Astrid tracked Hiccup down.

Snotlout>Hookfang>Red, [Orange]

Red Pride, boastful. Likes fighting.

More personality>Impatient>Stoker Class

Hookfang seems to get tired easily of Snotlout's antics.

Stoker because of impatience and short-temper.

Tuffnut, Ruffnut>Barf and Belch>Green

Green Sly, tricksters. The twins love pulling off pranks. Also they don't seem to be up to any good.

More personality>Tends to argue>Fear, now Mystery

Two heads=two brains, so the Zippleback tends to argue with each other. However they have the ability to work together, one lighting and one breathing gas. Also they are connected and can't be separated; same goes with the twins.

Fear and Mystery because of the twins being mysterious, or you don't really know what they're up to.

Fishlegs>Meatlug>Brown

Brown Plain, humble. Fishlegs doesn't really ask for anything, except for his dragon Meatlug, whom he shares a bond with. He'd rather play it safe than go the hard way. Plain and simple.

More personality>Loving, Lazy/Hard-Working>Boulder

Meatlug and Fishlegs have a motherly relationship, so to speak. Also Fishlegs may look lazy, but he can be strong and hard-working!

?Boulder because stone and lava/fire are earth's foundations. Earth is brown. Simplicity in nature.

What do you guys think?
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

N4raDov
Dovahkiin

Cool analysis! I've always liked the apparent similarities between the riders and their dragons :) You summed it up nicely
C4P741N 5W4N

draco
mystery dragon, pic drawn by night fury fire. Thank you :)

Awesome write up.
What do think about stoic and thornado.?
Dragons, need I say more.

Hiccup, chief of berc, dragon master.
Toothless, alpha dragon.
You and me bud we can do this, as one.
It's just a zipple misunderstanding
I like a pit, but I love a boar pit.
i am hurt,I am very much hurt.

Jendora
Hiccup's Girlfriend

I never thought of it this way! I'd always just looked at each pair and said "Yep, they belong together" but I never put much thought into why. This analysis actually makes perfect sense! Nice work!
Coming Soon!!

Toothless123
Night Fury

Thank you for summing that up.