Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Is Berk based on this island?
Topic Started: 12 Sep 2014, 11:54 (6155 Views)
Nightshade
Monstrous Nightmare

I would recommend Tromsö, even though it's not the nicest place, but it's close to Kolahalvön (kola peninsula?) which is where you should take a break when going with helicopter, otherways you'll be sitting for a good 8~9 hours in a helicopter, which isn't the nicest thing for your legs :D

EDIT: I wrote Oslo instead of Tromsö xD
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

ChinesischSchluckauf

[b]
[color=blue]Shut up, Mokuba!
[/color]
[/b]

Pikey
12 Sep 2014, 15:52
Got a postal address for the island? Might be important...
Google search is my best friend in this case.
Did anybody else notice my signature has shrunk?

ChinesischSchluckauf

[b]
[/color]
[/b]

Nightshade
12 Sep 2014, 15:54
I would recommend Tromsö, even though it's not the nicest place, but it's close to Kolahalvön (kola peninsula?) which is where you should take a break when going with helicopter, otherways you'll be sitting for a good 8~9 hours in a helicopter, which isn't the nicest thing for your legs :D

EDIT: I wrote Oslo instead of Tromsö xD
Already I am craving for Norway :)

Nightshade
Monstrous Nightmare

there's lot's of beautiful places, going there by car from sweden is absolutely great!
Oslo isn't the nicest place, but Tromsö... it's just amazing, beaches and water everywhere, in the combination with mountains and a nice 2 citizen per square kilometer xD (I have no idea about how tight it is with people, but that's what it feels like, my grandmother lives there and one of my cousins, between them we drive about 5 km, and there's nothing but nature between them)

Pikey
Wow!

Nightshade
I can't image a 8-9 hour trip in a helicopter would be good for anyone's interest either, a 3DS can only occupy you for so long. :P

TheEleventhViking
Terrible Terror

Looks like they took a lot of inspiration from Bjørnøya. The island is also very close to Svalbard, which inspired the look of Valka`s mountain/sanctuary. In the film, it doesnt seem like it takes a long time from berk to Svalbard so Bjørnøya seems like perfect fit. If Berk was to be located in western Scotland as in the books, this trip would take quite a long time, even though you were riding a dragon :P

And by they way if you look to the far left of the map you can see a small island named Jan Mayen. This is also part of Norway, and if you look at pictures it looks a little like Dragon Island. It even has an active vulcano. This must be the home of the Red Death, don`t you think? :D

Whitefang
twelve days north of hopeless

Pikey
12 Sep 2014, 16:41
Nightshade
I can't image a 8-9 hour trip in a helicopter would be good for anyone's interest either, a 3DS can only occupy you for so long. :P
Just drag your entire Xbox/Wii/Wii U/Playstation there and you should be fine. ;)
impossible but it'd be awesome
Find me on tumblr and deviantart!
I have been here an embarrassingly long time

8)

ChinesischSchluckauf

[b]
[/color]
[/b]

Whitefang
20 Sep 2014, 14:58
Pikey
Nightshade
Just drag your entire Xbox/Wii/Wii U/Playstation there and you should be fine. ;)
Nah, I have War and Peace.

Better not spend 8 hours reading it on a helicopter, though. I might suffer the same fate as poor Mr Tolstoy

Pikey
Wow!

Whitefang
20 Sep 2014, 14:58
Pikey
Nightshade
Just make one of those Xbox laptops, you'll be set.

Or, you know, could take a laptop and bunch of spare batteries. :P

Nightshade
Monstrous Nightmare

I think I'm going to buy a balisong, it probably be able to entertain me for 10 hours or so xD