Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Is Berk based on this island?
Topic Started: 27 Aug 2014, 01:41 (6167 Views)
dragons_ind
My avatar just got 20% Cooler

I took it from Tumblr :P
Quote:

so I was randomly exploring google earth like I do in my spare time and I stumbled across this tiny island here

so I click on the pictures and

WAIT A SECOND

THIS

LOOKS

FAMILIAR

nearly burst into tears
blessed world
Opinion? Anyone?
Reminder that Cowell said that the island that based to Berk needs 2 weeks to get there
Spoiler: click to toggle
Ninety-nine buckets of fireworms on the wall, ninety-nine buckets of worms! Take one down, pass it around, you got ninety-eight buckets of fireworms on the wall....................... Forty-one buckets of fireworms on the wall, forty-one buckets of worms! Take one down, pass it around, you got forty buckets of fireworms on the wall..........- one bucket of worms! Take one down, pass it around, you got zero buckets of fireworms on the waaaaaaaaaallllllllllllll.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

draco
mystery dragon, pic drawn by night fury fire. Thank you :)

I thought she said she based the island off of the island she went to as a kid?
Dragons, need I say more.

Hiccup, chief of berc, dragon master.
Toothless, alpha dragon.
You and me bud we can do this, as one.
It's just a zipple misunderstanding
I like a pit, but I love a boar pit.
i am hurt,I am very much hurt.

dragons_ind

draco
27 Aug 2014, 05:56
I thought she said she based the island off of the island she went to as a kid?
Yes, and she said that she and her family spend about 2 - 4 weeks. Correct me if i'm wrong

From her website

"When I was four, my family would be dropped off like castaways on the island by a local boatman and picked up again two weeks later. In those days there were no mobile phones, so we had absolutely no way of contacting the outside world during that time. If something went wrong, we just had to sit tight and hope that the boat really did come to pick us up in two weeks time."

Ninety-nine buckets of fireworms on the wall, ninety-nine buckets of worms! Take one down, pass it around, you got ninety-eight buckets of fireworms on the wall....................... Forty-one buckets of fireworms on the wall, forty-one buckets of worms! Take one down, pass it around, you got forty buckets of fireworms on the wall..........- one bucket of worms! Take one down, pass it around, you got zero buckets of fireworms on the waaaaaaaaaallllllllllllll.

Hope_and_Heir

[color=#B40431]Winner of Shnuckle's Oneshot Fanfiction Contest 2014
[/color]

If I remember correctly she said it was 'off the west coast of Scotland'
'There Were Dragons When I Was A Boy…'

NightoftheFury
Shhh...Toothless is watching

Well Berk in the books is based off the island she went to as a child. But in the movie the concept artwork originally done for Berk could be based off of Islands in the Norwegian Sea. So for all we know some concept artist might have looked at pictures of that island (and others) and used elements in them them to create the "wet heap of rock" we now know as Berk.

So to answer your question, the way Berk looks in the movie could very well be modeled off of that Island. Anyone up for a vacation ;)

Hope_and_Heir

[color=#B40431]Winner of Shnuckle's Oneshot Fanfiction Contest 2014
[/color]

NightoftheFury
27 Aug 2014, 06:23
Well Berk in the books is based off the island she went to as a child. But in the movie the concept artwork originally done for Berk could be based off of Islands in the Norwegian Sea. So for all we know some concept artist might have looked at pictures of that island (and others) and used elements in them them to create the "wet heap of rock" we now know as Berk.

So to answer your question, the way Berk looks in the movie could very well be modeled off of that Island. Anyone up for a vacation ;)
I'll come with! But I don't think I can get an airplane ride ._. Oh well guess I'll find a dragon ;)
'There Were Dragons When I Was A Boy…'

dragons_ind

NightoftheFury
27 Aug 2014, 06:23

Really good to place for vacation. I'm coming, if i had a dragon :)
Thanks for all of your answers ^_^

Toothless123
Night Fury

I found the image here.

draco
mystery dragon, pic drawn by night fury fire. Thank you :)

Cool, I'm up for a trip.
Dragons, need I say more.

Hiccup, chief of berc, dragon master.
Toothless, alpha dragon.
You and me bud we can do this, as one.
It's just a zipple misunderstanding
I like a pit, but I love a boar pit.
i am hurt,I am very much hurt.

Night fury fire

[b]
[color=blue]We're fangirls! It's an occupational hazard...
[/color]
[/b]

draco
27 Aug 2014, 08:06
Cool, I'm up for a trip.
Count me in
^_^ ;) :D :$ :P 8) :'( :( ^) :O :blink: >:( <3 <- me seeing httyd 2