Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
If Disney made HTTYD...
Topic Started: 08 Sep 2014, 16:32 (9355 Views)
BerserkDragon
antisocial british nerd with a youtube channel

SplashTheScauldron
04 Sep 2014, 10:22
Dragon's Apprentice
03 Sep 2014, 13:55
RealHousewifeofBerk
02 Sep 2014, 20:24
> There would be a scene in which Ruffnut sings a comically bad song about Eret.
.... umm.... I really want to see this.....
Oh what?! Me likey! :D
Berserk! What about you animating this? I'm the voice actor XD
Gimme the audio and I'll try XD LOL

-

For the whole Rapunzel-is-related-to-Anna-and-Elsa thing, there's a legit screenshot with Rapunzel and Flynn walking into the palace gates when Anna is singing For The First Time In Forever xD I could hardly believe it myself!
Me? An otaku? Pfff.

Yes I do like dragons if you're wondering. Doesn't seem like it from my profile pic n signature, I know, but I do.

PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

draconicwyvern
kyt, 18, she/her.

BerserkDragon
08 Sep 2014, 20:32

[...]

For the whole Rapunzel-is-related-to-Anna-and-Elsa thing, there's a legit screenshot with Rapunzel and Flynn walking into the palace gates when Anna is singing For The First Time In Forever xD I could hardly believe it myself!
I know that, but that doesn't prove anything as to if they're related or not; maybe Corona is a neighbouring land, etc, etc. (But yes that was exciting, seeing Rapunzel there :) ) There are tons of cameos and easter eggs in Disney movies. They do that a lot. For example in BH6, both Frozen and Wreck-It-Ralph make appearances. There's a Pizza Planet van in every single Pixar movie. And there's plenty more.

Some people say that Hans makes an appearance in a Wanted poster above the policeman who is questioning Hiro. You can see the vague resemblance.

obsidianz
Member Avatar
Dragon Egg

Disney is also a lot more worried about physical appearance, whereas httyd isn't about a bunch of pretty people doing pretty things. It's about people who look like people doing sometimes kinda ugly things. And that's great. ^^

ADFX-01-Morgan
Seath the Toothless

Say what you will about singing training montages. Be a man still is amazing.

Steampunk! Airships! Aerial Battles! Dragons!

Pikey
Wow!

I think you guys need to know the truth of what Disney producing this would really mean:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How to Train Your Dragon - Wikipedia
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The movie 'How to Train Your Dragon' was a film created by Disney in 2010, it has been subject to a variety of criticism due to its generous unoriginality and many viewers of the film were led to believe that the production was a parody.

Early on in the development, it was understood that the writing of 'How to Train Your Dragon' was following too close to animated toddler shows in the past, most notable being the 'Tom and Jerry Movie' and 'Bebe's Kids'. After much consideration, the writing was scrapped in favour of following a less original, but more accepted genre of film ripping off the 'A Boy and His X' formula.

Whilst this decision pleased many on the head board, the rewriting proved much of a challenge for the team actually working on the movie. The quick change and dumping of past assets did not phase the board as past works of Disney's own proved in their favour despite cries of rehashed content. Some of the displeased employees bought their views up to the board directly, however, they could not argue when Disney had commissioned the abominable Planes 2.

Contrary to popular belief, the movie 'How to Train Your Dragon' was created and rendered inside of the infamous professional cinema software known as '3D Movie Maker' on a Windows 95, Pentium MMX-based architecture.

For the development of 'How to Train Your Dragon', Disney quickly came onto the realisation that they would require powerful hardware to undertake the rendering process of the scenes created in 3D Movie Maker. To accomplish this, Disney partnered with Gateway to use special Gateway 2000 machines, fitted with 8MB of RAM and a new operating system called 'IBM OS/2'. Some sources also point to note that Disney may have used 'BeOS' at some point during this process.

The plot of 'How to Train Your Dragon' was the first and quickest devised parts of the movies development. Many things from the original concepts (handed over by Dreamworks) were changed. Most notably, the main character was edited to fit into the Disney Princess line and was renamed to 'Hiccelda', and the dragon, a 'Twilight Fury' was given a more purple/pink hue that gleamed in the moonlight.

Reviews were largely varied, mostly due to the reception that people mistook the film as a parody. Those few that understood that the production was serious did not show much favour in the changes from the Dreamworks concepts (which were leaked prior to the movie's release). The film still managed to generate a large gross income for Disney, and toy figures for 'Hiccelda' and other characters were shipped to retail stores a week before the release date.

Thank god it never happened.

Toothless123
Night Fury

Pikey
01 Nov 2014, 00:31
Most notably, the main character was edited to fit into the Disney Princess line and was renamed to 'Hiccelda', and the dragon, a 'Twilight Fury' was given a more purple/pink hue that gleamed in the moonlight.
Um, can I just say... :X :P

draco
mystery dragon, pic drawn by night fury fire. Thank you :)

Yikes :blink:
I'm so glad they didn't :O
Dragons, need I say more.

Hiccup, chief of berc, dragon master.
Toothless, alpha dragon.
You and me bud we can do this, as one.
It's just a zipple misunderstanding
I like a pit, but I love a boar pit.
i am hurt,I am very much hurt.

Night Fury
Member Avatar
Terrible Terror

Toothless would have been killed the end of the first movie (like Old Yeller), then we'd get a direct-to-video sequel where Hiccup finds a Night Fury egg and raises it.

BirdyTheBrave
I like big books and I cannot lie.

Pikey
I think you guys need to know the truth of what Disney producing this would really mean:
How to Train Your Dragon - Wikipedia

The movie 'How to Train Your Dragon' was a film created by Disney in 2010, it has been subject to a variety of criticism due to its generous unoriginality and many viewers of the film were led to believe that the production was a parody.

Early on in the development, it was understood that the writing of 'How to Train Your Dragon' was following too close to animated toddler shows in the past, most notable being the 'Tom and Jerry Movie' and 'Bebe's Kids'. After much consideration, the writing was scrapped in favour of following a less original, but more accepted genre of film ripping off the 'A Boy and His X' formula.

Whilst this decision pleased many on the head board, the rewriting proved much of a challenge for the team actually working on the movie. The quick change and dumping of past assets did not phase the board as past works of Disney's own proved in their favour despite cries of rehashed content. Some of the displeased employees bought their views up to the board directly, however, they could not argue when Disney had commissioned the abominable Planes 2.

Contrary to popular belief, the movie 'How to Train Your Dragon' was created and rendered inside of the infamous professional cinema software known as '3D Movie Maker' on a Windows 95, Pentium MMX-based architecture.

For the development of 'How to Train Your Dragon', Disney quickly came onto the realisation that they would require powerful hardware to undertake the rendering process of the scenes created in 3D Movie Maker. To accomplish this, Disney partnered with Gateway to use special Gateway 2000 machines, fitted with 8MB of RAM and a new operating system called 'IBM OS/2'. Some sources also point to note that Disney may have used 'BeOS' at some point during this process.

The plot of 'How to Train Your Dragon' was the first and quickest devised parts of the movies development. Many things from the original concepts (handed over by Dreamworks) were changed. Most notably, the main character was edited to fit into the Disney Princess line and was renamed to 'Hiccelda', and the dragon, a 'Twilight Fury' was given a more purple/pink hue that gleamed in the moonlight.

Reviews were largely varied, mostly due to the reception that people mistook the film as a parody. Those few that understood that the production was serious did not show much favour in the changes from the Dreamworks concepts (which were leaked prior to the movie's release). The film still managed to generate a large gross income for Disney, and toy figures for 'Hiccelda' and other characters were shipped to retail stores a week before the release date.

Thank god it never happened.

This is the most beautifully horrifying thing I have ever read. Ever.

Update guys: It's party time with Joe.

TheBlackFluffyThing
Terrible Terror

:hiccup: reads this:"
Pikey
Most notably, the main character was edited to fit into the Disney Princess line and was renamed to 'Hiccelda', and the dragon, a 'Twilight Fury' was given a more purple/pink hue that gleamed in the moonlight
So what do you think, bud?"

Toothless: :O :blink: >:(

Night Fury: The unholy offspring of lightning and death itself.