Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Did Toothless draw... Hiccup?
Topic Started: 25 Oct 2014, 06:07 (3094 Views)
LawOfTheSeas
Defender of Insanity and Master of Apologies

dragons_ind
30 Sep 2014, 14:08

What about this?
Now that I've seen your picture, the strange sticky-outey bit (I can't see what you've called it) looks a tad like Toothless.
I HAVE RETURNED!

Did you miss me?
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Theotherunknown
There were dragons, when I was a boy...

From looking at the pictures, I think Dreamworks only meant for it to be a bunch of random lines, that ended up having a resemblance to Hiccup when the false color was added.
How many times must I fix my signature over the years?

caroleriordan
Member Avatar
Dragon Egg

Maybe Toothless was drawing the physical movements Hiccup makes

Toothless123
Night Fury

Rider ranger47
04 Jan 2015, 15:38
From looking at the pictures, I think Dreamworks only meant for it to be a bunch of random lines, that ended up having a resemblance to Hiccup when the false color was added.
I'm not sure about that, they do put very tiny details like that into HTTYD.

draco
mystery dragon, pic drawn by night fury fire. Thank you :)

Now that I watched the movie again. It does look to me that toothless is trying to draw hiccup.
Dragons, need I say more.

Hiccup, chief of berc, dragon master.
Toothless, alpha dragon.
You and me bud we can do this, as one.
It's just a zipple misunderstanding
I like a pit, but I love a boar pit.
i am hurt,I am very much hurt.

hictooth
Archivist of Berk

I had always assumed that he was trying to draw Hiccup and it was only after seeing this topic that I began to have doubts.

However I still think he was. In as much as Hiccup drew Toothless, and we all know how intelligent Toothless is, it would make sense that Toothless was at least trying to dray Hiccup.

I think the reason that it came out all strange looking is because the animators wanted it to feel like it was Toothless' first time drawing.

hictooth
Astrid - "Hictooth"?
Hiccup - Yeah, it's not my snappiest comeback.

thenightandthefury
Gronckle

I actually gained confidence from this thread that he is trying to draw Hiccup. Initially I thought the hand like part was Hiccups ear, but ya. He could be drawing Hiccup from when he tried to reach out to him moments prior. I take the swirl up top as Hiccups collic, as he does have one in the base of his hair line, and the rest for his face. Of course the animators didnt want to make a masterpiece because it is a dragon attempting to draw for the first time. Makes me want to go back to the second movie and see what he was drawing there. My guess would be he would be trying to draw Hiccups map. Not sure though, I'd have to take a look at it. Anywho as for this one it furthers my belief because as Toothless was drawing he would momentarily check to look at Hiccup, before continuing. It almost seems like towards the end he is admiring his work.

draco
mystery dragon, pic drawn by night fury fire. Thank you :)

thenightandthefury
15 Apr 2015, 12:20
I actually gained confidence from this thread that he is trying to draw Hiccup. Initially I thought the hand like part was Hiccups ear, but ya. He could be drawing Hiccup from when he tried to reach out to him moments prior. I take the swirl up top as Hiccups collic, as he does have one in the base of his hair line, and the rest for his face. Of course the animators didnt want to make a masterpiece because it is a dragon attempting to draw for the first time. Makes me want to go back to the second movie and see what he was drawing there. My guess would be he would be trying to draw Hiccups map. Not sure though, I'd have to take a look at it. Anywho as for this one it furthers my belief because as Toothless was drawing he would momentarily check to look at Hiccup, before continuing. It almost seems like towards the end he is admiring his work.

That's a good point about what he was trying to draw in the second movie.
I guess I'll have to watch it again and pause on it to find out. :)
Dragons, need I say more.

Hiccup, chief of berc, dragon master.
Toothless, alpha dragon.
You and me bud we can do this, as one.
It's just a zipple misunderstanding
I like a pit, but I love a boar pit.
i am hurt,I am very much hurt.