Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
How old are you?
0-10 0 (0%)
11-20 45 (74%)
21-30 14 (23%)
31 & above 2 (3%)

How old are you?
Topic Started: 04 Oct 2014, 23:46 (3852 Views)
Berkian1
Terrible Terror

Hey just was curious about how old the various Berkians are in the fandom. I know that the movies are targeted to the 13/14 year old range but I was curious to see the range that the movies affected. I was also hoping that I'm not the only one that is above that target range at 18, and I was also hoping Im not the only one thats also in college right now.

Anyway, do you guys think that age affects whether or not someone enjoys the franchise? Do you think only kids should enjoy it or it's for all ages? Do you think that your age may provide a different perspective on the movies?

I personally think that the movies are great for all ages. (but maybe thats because I'm a little older) It has comedy, action and drama, so how could anyone of any age not like the franchise? Maybe thats just me. What do you all think ?
"Hiccup what you're looking for isn't out there. It's in here, maybe you just don't see it yet."
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

draco
mystery dragon, pic drawn by night fury fire. Thank you :)

Nope, your not the only one older than 18 that likes the movie. I'm in my late 30's.

I don't think age affects if a person likes a movie young or old.

I do think a person's age can provide a different perspective on a movie.

I'm 37
Dragons, need I say more.

Hiccup, chief of berc, dragon master.
Toothless, alpha dragon.
You and me bud we can do this, as one.
It's just a zipple misunderstanding
I like a pit, but I love a boar pit.
i am hurt,I am very much hurt.

micromys
Cathartes Aura

I'm 28, and there are several people older than I am on here.

Of course I don't think only kids should enjoy the movies. 95% of what I watch is animation, it just happens to be the medium I enjoy the most -- and I think that if you have a film that can only be enjoyed by children, then you've likely failed as a storyteller.

BerserkDragon
antisocial british nerd with a youtube channel

I'm 14, which means I'm one of the youngest here xD
Me? An otaku? Pfff.

Yes I do like dragons if you're wondering. Doesn't seem like it from my profile pic n signature, I know, but I do.

Toothless123
Night Fury

BerserkDragon
05 Oct 2014, 09:56
I'm 14, which means I'm one of the youngest here xD
Not quite! I'm 13. :D

dragons_ind
My avatar just got 20% Cooler

Me 14, maybe the second youngest here?
Ninety-nine buckets of fireworms on the wall, ninety-nine buckets of worms! Take one down, pass it around, you got ninety-eight buckets of fireworms on the wall....................... Forty-one buckets of fireworms on the wall, forty-one buckets of worms! Take one down, pass it around, you got forty buckets of fireworms on the wall..........- one bucket of worms! Take one down, pass it around, you got zero buckets of fireworms on the waaaaaaaaaallllllllllllll.

mr.k.c.w.
Dragon fan in Hong Kong
[b](Above this title is a very dorky Hiccup.)
[/b]

Just want to point out, we already have a topic on the average age of the fandom. It's kinda dead now though.
Nothing is in this signature, except this sentence describing that there is nothing in this signature.

Seriously, I, [INSERT USERNAME HERE] have nothing to say here. Continue on with your viewing of not-so regularly scheduled posts.

[INSERT CALMING, SUITABLE FOR READING MUSIC]

Sorry to interrupt, I just wanna say....uh...what was I trying to say again? Never mind, continue reading.

Pikey
Wow!

I'm 16, so I'm allowed to watch the movies as much as I want still. 8) #safe

hcsp1
My only master is the free wind

I'm 21.

To be honest, I think HTTYD is actually more adult than some "Adult" movies that come out latly. I mean, name 1 live action movie where the main character lose his/her leg at the end. I'm sure theres something out there but let's admit it, it's pretty rare.

But the intended audience doesn't matter. If you like the movie, that's what matters. Plus, a good movie aims at everyone, not a spesific demographic.

Faerie_Dragon
Dragon Bassist

The last time this question was asked on the forum, I said I was 20. If y'all are in the skypevine chat, I'd tell ya I was 34.

I'm actually 21 :)

I have a couple of friends both on the forum and not who are good fans of HTTYD. At the London Meetup, I shared a hotel room with Gh3ttoKinG who was a bit older than me too so I'd say it doesn't matter about age.
I challenge you to be lazier than me!

Sub me. Sub me. Sub me. Sub me. Sub me. Sub me. Sub me.