Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Your HTTYD Headcannons
Topic Started: 07 Nov 2014, 23:38 (4723 Views)
WasBornCrazy
i dont think my avatar is working but ehh

RealHousewifeofBerk
07 Nov 2014, 16:36
Someone on Tumblr pointed out that during Stoick and Valka's flashbacks, Stoick's beard is braided neatly, and in HTTYD and the series, it's really messy, and in HTTYD 2, It's really neat. So they thought that in the flashbacks, Valka had braided his beard for him, but when she was gone, he didn't bother anymore, but that in HTTYD 2, when Hiccup and Astrid were closer, Astrid (who we all know loves to braid) started braiding his beard for him.

<3 :valka: :stoick: :astrid: <3
That would be awesome. I will believe this is true until someone proves this wrong.
i'm not very active anymore!! it's sad, but i'll come back sometimes to feel nostalgic ahaha
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Toothless123
Night Fury

I have another headcannon:

The murder of Drago's parents, and the destruction of his village, was actually the work of the Dragon Rebellion- or, more specifically, Furious. He looked in the future, and saw that Drago would use his dragon-taming gift for evil, and that he would be the end of the dragons. So Furious set out to... rectify that. :blink:
My reasoning for this headcannon is this:
Typical dragon raids, I'm presuming, only burn down a few houses, and kill a few people. Their job is to get food for the Green Death, so they do whatever's necessary to achieve this. They don't kill specific people, only people who pose a threat to them; so they just kill randomly. They also don't actively try to destroy an entire village, either.
But which dragons do do this? The Dragon Rebellion, that's who.
And the reason why they didn't just solely murder Drago and his parents, is because they wanted to destroy everybody, and the entire village, to ensure that nobody survived, especially Drago and his parents. Overkill. :ermm:
But the massacre was useless, because Drago escaped... :blink:

Oh, and I've actually made this headcannon into a fanfic.

The Norse Nerd
-This is Borghild-

Toothless123
10 Nov 2014, 18:28
I have another headcannon:

The murder of Drago's parents, and the destruction of his village, was actually the work of the Dragon Rebellion- or, more specifically, Furious. He looked in the future, and saw that Drago would use his dragon-taming gift for evil, and that he would be the end of the dragons. So Furious set out to... rectify that. :blink:
My reasoning for this headcannon is this:
Typical dragon raids, I'm presuming, only burn down a few houses, and kill a few people. Their job is to get food for the Green Death, so they do whatever's necessary to achieve this. They don't kill specific people, only people who pose a threat to them; so they just kill randomly. They also don't actively try to destroy an entire village, either.
But which dragons do do this? The Dragon Rebellion, that's who.
And the reason why they didn't just solely murder Drago and his parents, is because they wanted to destroy everybody, and the entire village, to ensure that nobody survived, especially Drago and his parents. Overkill. :ermm:
But the massacre was useless, because Drago escaped... :blink:

Oh, and I've actually made this headcannon into a fanfic.
I can see that happening...

I don't ship Hiccstrid, deal with it (◡‿◡✿)

~Slytherin~

-Cancer Sun-
-Aries Moon-
-Virgo Ascendant-

Borghild Dragon Riders

Youtube Channel

Toothless123
Night Fury

Alternate Scene Headcannon
(This is, in my opinion, a bit dark. :blink: )
Connects with my other headcannon.

"What happened here...?" :hiccup:
"What could have done this...?" :astrid:

Instead of discovering the trappers' fort, Hiccup and Astrid discover the ruins of Drago's village.

I got the idea for this after watching the first HTTYD 2 trailer again, and seeing them fly over the burnt forest.

Here's another one.

Eret's tattoo is actually the film-verse Dragonmark, as it's now called in the book-verse.
Reasons for this are:
The Dragonmark is seen as a mark of shame, and so is Eret's tattoo, because he returned to Drago with no dragons.
It was worn long ago by the Dragon Riders in the book-verse, so this could be interpreted as foreshadowing that Eret would become a Rider in the film-verse.

Berserk Shieldmaiden
Superior Warriorness

Here's a headcannon I just thought while at work.

What if Dagur witnessed his mother get killed by a dragon when he was a child? What if that's the reason he hates dragons so much and wants to kill as many as possible?

Hope_and_Heir

[color=#B40431]Winner of Shnuckle's Oneshot Fanfiction Contest 2014
[/color]

Headcannon to the books: Alvin was actually a kid similar to Hiccup, the runt of the tribe. He was even a pretty nice kid, but once his father died in an dragon raid, he was left with only his mother Excellinor, who influenced him to go down the wrong path. When Grimbeard had lost everything, he met Execellinor's grandmother, who was just as evil as a Excellinor herself. Grimbeard was told by her that his heir would be a descendant of Thugheart. This angered Grimbeard and compelled him to making a complicated prophecy that only a real hero could complete. Execellinor married to one of Thugheart's descendants, so she could be mother to the destiny child, giving her a way to the throne. When Alvin was born, she knew she'd make him into the most treacherous king there was.... As long as he did exactly what she instructed...

'There Were Dragons When I Was A Boy…'

ChinesischSchluckauf

[b]
[color=blue]Shut up, Mokuba!
[/color]
[/b]

What if Gobber is Stoick's elder brother?
Did anybody else notice my signature has shrunk?

Toothless123
Night Fury

I have my own headcannon on dragon hierarchy, even though there's already one in canon; this is my version. ;) It was introduced in a oneshot which is still on my computer, which I'll post eventually, so I just wanted to tell you my version before I post the fanfic, because I don't want you to get confused. :P

In every species of dragon, there is an Alpha, who is usually the biggest and strongest of the species (but not a Titanwing, although sometimes this happens). It depends on the general strength of the species on how tough the Alpha is (e.g., if the normal variant of that species is tough to defeat/kill, then it'll be even harder to do so to the Alpha of that species).
If a challenger, say, Drago's Bewilderbeast (using my oneshot as an example), was to defeat the Alpha of that species, then they become the Alpha of that species, and then they get sort of a scent-medal- telling any other dragons who smell it, "*insert dragon here* is the Alpha of *insert dragon species here*'.
And if the Alpha that Drago's Bewilderbeast defeated happened to not be of the strongest dragon species, if it chose to (and it would sort of be necessary to do so, because it wouldn't really get respect from the dragon species that it was now the Alpha of if it didn't do this) it could keep defeating stronger and stronger Alphas, even the Night Fury Alpha, until it was finally strong enough to challenge the Alpha of all dragons- the Bewilderbeast Alpha.
What I just mentioned in the above paragraph, is what I believe that Drago was currently doing before the events of HTTYD 2. (This is what happens in my oneshot: >)The Night Fury Alpha is the strongest, only second to the Bewilderbeast Alpha. Drago knew this, so he went out and killed the Night Fury Alpha, and all the other Night Furies into the bargain, and his Bewilderbeast became the Alpha of the Night Furies. So now he knew that his Bewilderbeast was strong enough to challenge the other Bewilderbeast, Valka's one, and win, which it did in HTTYD 2.
But Hiccup didn't know that Toothless was actually the son of the Night Fury Alpha, and so the Alpha gene was inherited from his father when he hatched (even if a hatchling's father, who is the Alpha, dies, and the title is given to the dragon which killed him, the gene doesn't go- which is what actually happens in genetics with a gene), which gave him the strength to challenge the current Night Fury and Bewilderbeast Alpha- and win, granting him the title of Alpha of both said dragon species, and also the others which Drago's Bewilderbeast defeated- which were all of the Alphas of all of the other dragon species, therefore making Toothless the Alpha of all the dragon species.
Also, if the dragon, which has gained the title of Alpha from the previous one, has a master, then at its master's command, it does not kill the now titleless dragon, but makes it do its master's bidding, and makes its master, the dragon's master.
This headcannon will not only come into play in the oneshot, but with the introduction of a new OC in later chapters of Dragons, Trappers, Masters.
And if you want to find out how Toothless didn't get killed by Drago, too, like his father, you'll have to read my oneshot, when I post it! 8)

Neilandio
Dragon trainer

The Screaming Death is a hybrid between a female whispering death and a male of another species. The white skin, red eyes and enormous size are problems that come from having two parents from differnt species.
My dragon den:

TheBlackFluffyThing
Terrible Terror

I always think the Night Fury and the Stormcutter probably originated from one dragon species.

Night Fury: The unholy offspring of lightning and death itself.