Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Your HTTYD Headcannons
Topic Started: 03 Nov 2014, 19:47 (4743 Views)
BirdyTheBrave
I like big books and I cannot lie.

Toothless123
03 Nov 2014, 19:16
hcsp1
03 Nov 2014, 18:49
BirdyTheBrave
03 Nov 2014, 13:55
Do NOT let Dean find that. :O
Why? Is it that bad?
I probably said it before somewhere, but I can only imagine him reading this and laughing at it for some reason...
No, it's not bad; it's probably because he'd love it, and use it in the third film. ;)
Exactly :P
Update guys: It's party time with Joe.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

hcsp1
My only master is the free wind

Toothless123
hcsp1
BirdyTheBrave
03 Nov 2014, 13:55
Do NOT let Dean find that. :O
Why? Is it that bad?
I probably said it before somewhere, but I can only imagine him reading this and laughing at it for some reason...
No, it's not bad; it's probably because he'd love it, and use it in the third film. ;)
Well, first, thank you :)
Second, I don't think he will want to use it... he probably has something planned that will blow my wall of text out of the water.

BirdyTheBrave
I like big books and I cannot lie.

hcsp1
04 Nov 2014, 04:50
Toothless123
hcsp1
Why? Is it that bad?
Well, first, thank you :)
Second, I don't think he will want to use it... he probably has something planned that will blow my wall of text out of the water.
But how funny would it be if that was actually what he was doing and everyone at Dreamwrks is having a panic attack right now because you guessed what they were doing... Neh, probably not. But it is an awesome theory to think about.

Update guys: It's party time with Joe.

hcsp1
My only master is the free wind

I can promise you that if they do use it, I'm asking for a few precents from the movie's box-office revnue. Which means I will probably get the few dollars I spent on my own ticket back...

At least I can dream... -_-

Demonwolf002
Lone Dragon

I've had this headcanon about the Dragon Roots for awhile so I'm going to post it here, and see what others think.

Truth be told no one knows where the first root came from. We do know what they look like, what they do to the dragons, but not how they grow or their characteristics. Now however we'll know. The roots themselves are a hardy plant hardy as the creatures that desire them. Hard to smash with a hammer, hard to cut with the sword or knife, and hard to burn as well. But the seed, well however strong the root may be the seed is twice that possibly more. An ordinary thing it is, almost as plain as a pebble really. Smooth as still water and silver in color, but the way it grows is not so ordinary. You can't just plant the seed in the ground and water it, and expect a root sometime later. No these plants only grow in one place. A place that requires them to be as sturdy as they are the stomach of a dragon. We all know by now dragons do so love to swallow their food whole sometimes, and the dragon root is no exception to this. But what does the seed do when it's in the stomach of the dragon that ate it? Well it sits and it waits in the pit of the dragons stomach till the dragons last breath. Only when the dragon finally passes will the seed start to crack and sprout using the very dragon that ate it as its nutrients. It consumes it whole at that, using all of the dragon even down to the bones. The bigger and older the dragon when it dies the bigger and healthier the root becomes. But this like many things is quite a slow process, and so the root usually ends up buried by time. Left for other dragons to dig it up and find it to start the process once more. So you see the Dragon Root is an aptly named plant for without the dragon their is no root.

I'm sorry I couldn't help but tell it like that it's how I've had it in my head. :P
See you in the skies Dragon Rider!

The Dragon Root:Thing what I wrote.

Is Toothless Evil? :Me possibly being crazy, but fun.

The BerkCast The HTTYD podcast, you should listen.

Toothless123
Night Fury

I'd like to add to cometotheberkside's theory about Night Furies and Sand Wraiths.
I was able to do this, thanks to my Science lesson today on animal classification.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that specific animals are grouped in a genus together because they have characteristic(s) in common. For example, the lion and the tiger, in the genus Pathera.
Now, let's just say that the Strike Class is a genus, and the lion and the tiger are a Night Fury, and a Sand Wraith.
But how would the Night Fury and the Sand Wraith be grouped into the Strike Class? Well, the Night Fury is already in the Strike Class, but Hiccup could decide to place the Sand Wraith in the Strike Class genus, because it shares a characteristic with Night Furies (they look similar).
Once again, correct me if I'm wrong, but animals in the same genus can breed together. A lion and a tiger can breed, and this could create a liger- which is a hybrid.
So, this could mean that the Night Fury and the Sand Wraith could breed- and create a "Night Wraith" (I'm assuming that's copyrighted by cometotheberkside? :P ;) ), which would also be a hybrid.
The only problem would be that hybrids are sterile, which means they can't reproduce- with the exception of the liger-ld explain why one has never been seen, or why it's never been mentioned in canon- because if the "Night Wraith" can't reproduce, then it can't give birth to dragonlings, which would make it an official species, and not just a hybrid.

As I've said about two times, and as I'll say again, feel free to correct me on anything I got wrong in the above theory, in terms of classification, and genuses, and whatnot :P ; I've forgotten a little about my Science lesson. ;)

draconicwyvern
kyt, 18, she/her.

Toothless123
06 Nov 2014, 18:22
I'd like to add to cometotheberkside's theory about Night Furies and Sand Wraiths.
I was able to do this, thanks to my Science lesson today on animal classification.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that specific animals are grouped in a genus together because they have characteristic(s) in common. For example, the lion and the tiger, in the genus Pathera.
Now, let's just say that the Strike Class is a genus, and the lion and the tiger are a Night Fury, and a Sand Wraith.
But how would the Night Fury and the Sand Wraith be grouped into the Strike Class? Well, the Night Fury is already in the Strike Class, but Hiccup could decide to place the Sand Wraith in the Strike Class genus, because it shares a characteristic with Night Furies (they look similar).
Once again, correct me if I'm wrong, but animals in the same genus can breed together. A lion and a tiger can breed, and this could create a liger- which is a hybrid.
So, this could mean that the Night Fury and the Sand Wraith could breed- and create a "Night Wraith" (I'm assuming that's copyrighted by cometotheberkside? :P ;) ), which would also be a hybrid.
The only problem would be that hybrids are sterile, which means they can't reproduce- with the exception of the liger-ld explain why one has never been seen, or why it's never been mentioned in canon- because if the "Night Wraith" can't reproduce, then it can't give birth to dragonlings, which would make it an official species, and not just a hybrid.

As I've said about two times, and as I'll say again, feel free to correct me on anything I got wrong in the above theory, in terms of classification, and genuses, and whatnot :P ; I've forgotten a little about my Science lesson. ;)
Nice analysis but that was not my point.

I was talking about Night Furies being melanic Sand Wraiths. Not hybrids.

Toothless123
Night Fury

cometotheberkside
06 Nov 2014, 18:27
Toothless123
06 Nov 2014, 18:22

Nice analysis but that was not my point.

I was talking about Night Furies being melanic Sand Wraiths. Not hybrids.
Ah. Thanks for saying that it was a nice analysis, though. I'm now going to make this my own headcannon, and not just an addition to cometotheberkside's. :D

RealHousewifeofBerk
"You don't know this yet, but people need you."
<3

Someone on Tumblr pointed out that during Stoick and Valka's flashbacks, Stoick's beard is braided neatly, and in HTTYD and the series, it's really messy, and in HTTYD 2, It's really neat. So they thought that in the flashbacks, Valka had braided his beard for him, but when she was gone, he didn't bother anymore, but that in HTTYD 2, when Hiccup and Astrid were closer, Astrid (who we all know loves to braid) started braiding his beard for him.

<3 :valka: :stoick: :astrid: <3
My other fandoms summed up in gifs:

"You have the heart of a Hiro and the soul of a Tadashi."

Demonwolf002
Lone Dragon

RealHousewifeofBerk
07 Nov 2014, 16:36
Someone on Tumblr pointed out that during Stoick and Valka's flashbacks, Stoick's beard is braided neatly, and in HTTYD and the series, it's really messy, and in HTTYD 2, It's really neat. So they thought that in the flashbacks, Valka had braided his beard for him, but when she was gone, he didn't bother anymore, but that in HTTYD 2, when Hiccup and Astrid were closer, Astrid (who we all know loves to braid) started braiding his beard for him.

<3 :valka: :stoick: :astrid: <3
Nah that was Gobber, he just didn't want to have his braiding skills shown up by Astrid. :P
See you in the skies Dragon Rider!

The Dragon Root:Thing what I wrote.

Is Toothless Evil? :Me possibly being crazy, but fun.

The BerkCast The HTTYD podcast, you should listen.