Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
HTTYD Officially Licenced Games
Topic Started: 15 Nov 2015, 03:14 (8955 Views)
vanbluedragon
Dragon Egg

Like all franchises, HTTYD has its fair share of official licensed games. But lets be frank here... most of them are... not that good -_-
I've played several of them (but not all of them sadly) - but with the holidays coming up, I wonder what are ones people think are good or worth buying/trying out? Also, feel free to post any dragon-esque games worth looking at too.
Well here's my list in order from worst to best of the games I liked (note i never played all of the games since i either dont have the time or the system to play some of them, eg xbox and ps3/4)

- Dreamworks Dragons Wild Skies = its ok but School of Dragons already has something similar to it with the Flight Academy. But it is the first to kinda do something like this, bonus point for the visuals, Im not sure if this game is still around, if it is, it is worth trying since its at the low low cost of free.

- School of Dragons = the big one, This game is like the what if HTTYD was an open world game with train able dragons and education mixed in. The visuals are great and dragon options vast, world is nice, and some minor voice acting, clips from the movies, etc. My only gripe is the lag and numerous bugs involved with this game. this game is free but has some pay to play elements, but is always updating. Sadly I stopped after an update bugged out my account (I had two nadders and a smokebreath on it - never paid a dime to get them either)

- Rise of Berk = by Ludia, this app is akin to Dragon City where you collect dragons, gather fish/wood to train your dragons to get more dragons. This game is actually pretty interesting since there are dragon in this app that are not seen anywhere else in the series. I personally still use it, mostly out of habit, and the collection aspect. Just dont expect to get every single dragon without forking over cash. The inapp purchases in this game are unfair in my opinion :/

- How To Train Your Dragon (DS) = surprisingly, this movie licensed game is my favorite so far... The DS version is pretty different from the other versions (Xbox, Wii, Ps3) It plays like... Pokemon? :blink: I was pretty surprised when I played it. Its a turn based rpg similar to pokemon where you play as astrid/hiccup going through battles with other vikings, very similar to the original books! infact it has very little connection to the actual movie itself. Plus, you get to put armor on dragons (thats just awesome) 8)
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

NerdWithWings
Dragon Egg

Oh no way! I had no idea that the DS game was so similar to the Wii one, only more RPG-based. I really do hope that HTTYD comes out with another DS game, hopefully a sequel, because I'd love to play something like that on my 3DS! :D

vanbluedragon
Dragon Egg

Its a bit different from the Wii one with more strategy involved. I assume its because the DS cannot handle the details of the Wii so they had to compensate somewhere.
It actually uses the mic and the touch screen in implementation, which is a nice touch :D

Its a pretty challenging game! I actually had to come up with a build and strategy to win. oh and if anyone ever decided to play, bite build toothless is the most OP build you can pretty much come up with