Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
The great hall
Topic Started: 04 Mar 2016, 06:30 (39317 Views)
draco
mystery dragon, pic drawn by night fury fire. Thank you :)

I've been wondering something lately.
The great hall doors.
Why so big? ^)
Why not make them the normal size for a human?
Why are they the size for a dragon to enter, especially when the great hall was built when the war with dragons was still going on. ^)
Dragons, need I say more.

Hiccup, chief of berc, dragon master.
Toothless, alpha dragon.
You and me bud we can do this, as one.
It's just a zipple misunderstanding
I like a pit, but I love a boar pit.
i am hurt,I am very much hurt.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

hictooth
Archivist of Berk

I'm guessing that one of the reasons is to be as impressive as possible. From what (little) I know, Viking tribes were always trying to impress each other, and having the biggest great hall with the most grand doors would have certainly been an impressive feature to show off to visiting tribes.
Astrid - "Hictooth"?
Hiccup - Yeah, it's not my snappiest comeback.

Puff
Keep smiling.
:)

What hictooth says. Impressive buildings help keep your people proud about themselves, and indirectly loyal to you as well. It's all about psychology. ;)
Blender is my <3 (my CGI thread)

If you need anything, feel free to PM me

Toothless the nightfury
Deadly Nadder

i agree people kings and countrys have been trying to build bigger and better for donkeys years

berkstimberjack
Dragon Egg

Maybe also to honor their gods and ancestors? I don't know much about Viking mythology, but I could imagine that these important buildings have to be of adequate size to not offend the spirits.

Crystallion12
Dunno what to say here.....

I agree- it's Berk. Now, just think about Berkians for a split second... Now, think if the first words to describe their personalities- stubborn, proud, ruthless, hilarious... Ok, maybe not that last one.
Save the Earth... It's the only planet with donuts!

May the stars watch over you, the dragons roar at the sound of your name, and peace, love and the truth enlighten your heart forever,
May you stay true to your soul, mind and heart. Your choices, opinions and life are solely your own, give only the ones you hold dear to your heart your heart, and all your word. Make the right choices, and tread carefully, and live your life to its very fullest,
Crystallion12.

Pipwizard
Gronckle

Because it was for safety harder for at takers to enter or climb over makes sense also someone said for the gods to enter sooo yeh