Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
The kids parents
Topic Started: 18 Sep 2016, 12:11 (42844 Views)
Hope_and_Heir

[color=#B40431]Winner of Shnuckle's Oneshot Fanfiction Contest 2014
[/color]

KentuckyWildcat
31 Jul 2016, 04:16
hictooth
31 Jul 2016, 01:19
One thing to add is the interesting relationship of Spitelout being Stoick's brother (and therefore Hiccup's uncle). I'm not sure how naming conventions worked in Viking times, but if it works the same way as it does now, I'm a little confused.

In the episode "Thawfest", Spitelout says "No Jorgenson has ever even come close to losing the Thawfest games." implying that the Jorgensons have been a family for many generations. However, if Spitelout was Stoick's brother, wouldn't he be a Haddock too? Or Stoick a Jorgenson?

I'm probably overthinking this, but well... it doesn't make sense to me. Thoughts?
I believe the cousins angle is only from the books. Someone who has actually read them can correct me if the info I read online is inaccurate, but book Snotlout doesn't seem to ever be associated with a Jorgenson clan (and his father is named Baggybum the Beerbelly rather than Spitelout). Also, unless it's come up in RTTE, I don't think that's ever been mentioned in the movie universe. I would just assume that the movie versions of the characters aren't related unless explicitly stated otherwise.
Yes, in the books Snotlout is indeed Hiccup's cousin, which is where the whole confusion started in the first place for movieverse. In movieverse I don't think it's ever been stated that are related, therefore I wouldn't say that they are.
'There Were Dragons When I Was A Boy…'

PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Heather the Berserker
I go where no one goes

Like Hope and Heir said, they have never said movie Snotlout is Hiccup's cousin, and it doesn't seem like it, so they are not. Unless they say they are in the 3rd movie or something. ;P
Bear the flame

Night_Stalker
Dragon Trainer class 5

after the failed wedding between the jorgensons and hoffersons i dont think they will be bocming cousins anytime soon but i would belive that hiccup and snotlout are in fact cousins, which would make that love triangle of hiccup liking astrid and snotlout liking her as well, but yet we see he changes his crush in httyd2 8)

OC: Oliver and Storm