Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Theories and Headcanon
Topic Started: 28 May 2017, 21:10 (40680 Views)
Tuffnut'sChicken
B-BAWK!

Let's hear your HTTYD theories and headcanon! It can be anywhere in the franchise; just be sure to mention what it's referencing.
For anyone new looking at this, yeah, we will be mentioning spoilers for things that have been out awhile.
But although there isn't really anything new right now, when new things do come out, we'll be sure to use spoiler tags for a little while!

I have so many theories and headcanons, I can't even remember it all at any one time. Most of it makes zero sense and is completely unsupported, but hey, it's hilarious! I don't necessarily believe it all, but it's fun.

One of the more serious things I think is that Hiccup and Snotlout could be cousins through Stoick and Spitelout being half brothers. That would explain the rivalry between Stoick and Spitelout, and it would explain the different clan names. We don't know that they're actually cousins, but if they are, I'd like it to be through that way.

Another theory I have is... pretty long, so I'll let you guys open the spoiler cover at the risk of being flooded by a mountain of words. Here's the TL;DR version: HTTYD happens in a post-apocalyptic future in a society which based itself on the Ancient Vikings.
Spoiler: click to toggle
So what are some of your theories and headcanons about the franchise?
Clouds of corn <3
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

NightFury2001
Has left

Well that was certainly entertaining and well thought out, even if it's obviously not my headcanon. :P

I might post some headcanons/theories I like later (mostly about the dragons) later, just need to think about my favorite ones.
https://nightfury2001.carrd.co/

Heather the Berserker
I go where no one goes

lol that is truly amazing, Chicken!!! Wow!!!
Bear the flame

Tuffnut'sChicken
B-BAWK!

NightFury2001
29 May 2017, 01:40
Well that was certainly entertaining and well thought out, even if it's obviously not my headcanon. :P
If you think that was thought out, don't even ASK about the Thornut theory or the Darth Chicken Holocron theory, both of which shall be revealed in due time.
Heather the Berserker
29 May 2017, 04:23
lol that is truly amazing, Chicken!!! Wow!!!
*bows* Thank you!
Clouds of corn <3

Zira Shadow
Skrill

Whoooaaa....just had a moment there where reality turned into Jell-O.

I once had a headcanon in which Astrid had made her Yaknog just fine but then Stormfly, trying to add a fish and some butter, accidentally threw up in it. It's plausible....XD
Sister in arms of the forgotten disaster branch, Saturn Starlings

Ocean Rose
Over whelmed: Too many fandoms. How am I even alive?

I have this theory that Valka might actually be related to Spitelout meaning that Hiccup and Snotlout are actually cousins. Which also might explain why Snotlout is always trying to be better than Hiccup.

(And Chicken how in the world did you come up with your second theory? It's Amazing! It's also going to be stuck in my head for now on)
You want my tears
Every messy word
Every scar and every fear
You want all I have, with no holding back
When I'm hurt, at my worst.
You meet me there
'Cause You see the beauty
In my broken prayers
--- Riley Clemmons; Broken Prayers

Tuffnut'sChicken
B-BAWK!

Ocean Rose
05 Aug 2017, 19:41
(And Chicken how in the world did you come up with your second theory? It's Amazing! It's also going to be stuck in my head for now on)
Thank you, thank you! :P It's one of the tamer fan theories floating around my house. Having several sisters who are also fans makes headcanons very much in abundance.
Clouds of corn <3

Tuffnut'sChicken
B-BAWK!

This is an interesting theory about Toothless's age.

It has a bit of merit to it. An elephant is typically weaned by the time its 5-6 years old, but sometimes not until 10 years of age. So they're still in their "baby" stage for several years (and that's with a 70-80 year lifespan).

That said, a tortoise, which (being a reptile) is more like a dragon than an elephant is, lives about 100 years but is only a baby for 1 year (being fully grown after about 4 years.)

Of course, the larger (and more dragonesque) reptile, the crocodile, lives 70-100 years and doesn't fully mature until it's between 4-15 years old.

Also worth noting is that reptiles tend to continue growing throughout their whole lives, though of course it slows down once they reach adulthood.

Perhaps, if a dragon were to live 180 years, it wouldn't reach full maturity until it's about 20. That would explain why Toothless got more features when he was older.

Thoughts?
Clouds of corn <3