Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
HTTYD2 Cast Voice Recording Sessions
Topic Started: 18 May 2014, 12:22 (1969 Views)
thescienceofmagic
Hairy Hooligan

I'm just curious, do they only do these for press? They're in the same clothes that they gave the interviews in and the speech isn't exactly the same as in the clips, as if done recently (I understand they usually do a variety for selection but still). Plus Jay said before in an interview that he likes voice recording as he can come in scruffy and unshowered, which is clearly not this xD
I don't mind either way, I just find it a little strange.

"I'm not a fan of quoting other people in signatures, especially when they aren't funny." -Zer0x 2014
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

ToothlessWorship
Gronckle

Yeah, they are well dressed... so this scenes are clearly prepared for press.

wow... Geral Butler's voice is so deep
HTTYD forever
Spoiler: click to toggle

Faerie_Dragon
Dragon Bassist

Dreamworks, or the more likely culprit, FOX is just like "Hey guys, just before y'all for them interviews, can y'all just read these lines, that'll be great.".
note for Sci-Fi
I challenge you to be lazier than me!

Sub me. Sub me. Sub me. Sub me. Sub me. Sub me. Sub me.

thescienceofmagic
Hairy Hooligan

Faerie_Dragon
18 May 2014, 22:39
Dreamworks, or the more likely culprit, FOX is just like "Hey guys, just before y'all for them interviews, can y'all just read these lines, that'll be great.".
note for Sci-Fi
Aah thank you, I was wondering why it was so small xD
I also just get distracted because every time I write flash, I end up singing the Queen song in my head... FLASH AHHAHHHHH SAVIOUR OF THE UNIVERSEE

"I'm not a fan of quoting other people in signatures, especially when they aren't funny." -Zer0x 2014

Asvald Veleif
Dragon Animator

*Speechless*

Toothless Gif made by me.

Support my How to Train Your Dragon animations by subscribing to my youtube channel through the link below!

Click here for my dragon animations!

IcelandicEel
Administrator

It's interesting to compare the consistency of the actors. Gerard Butler seems most consistent -- almost every line I could imagine coming out of Stoick's mouth. At least in this clip, Jay seems the least consistent. A lot of what he says seems not quite Hiccupesque. Although I guess we've heard more of Hiccup than any other character in the trailers and clips, so it's easier to tell if a delivery is the correct one or not.
Did someone say... dragons?

Zer0x

[b]Banhammerdragon
[/b]

It's like the voice recoding sessions we've seen in "Viking Sized Cast" from the Blu-Ray of the first movie. While every voice actor doing it with full emotions, jay Baruchel looks down on the script the whole time and moves not even a bit.

There you see that he is a maybe a good actor, but not on the same level like Gerard Butler for example.
UNAMUSED

No, I'm serious....stop it..

HideousZippleback

[color=blue]I'm just here for Snotlout.
[/color]

Baruchel in my mind isn't the best actor out there body language wise, though he is fine for animation.