Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
New Dragons ((Spoilers))
Topic Started: 10 Apr 2014, 22:53 (7854 Views)
Millie
Intellect

All the dragons have extraordinary personalities and appearances to them. The team behind this project, definitely put a lot of fine detail into all these various different dragons.

The dragon I want to see the most is another Night Fury. It's not only because of how the Night Furies personality generally is, how they look, or how completely awesome they are with their Acetylene/Oxygen charged fire blasts and supersonic (maybe) speed. No. It's the reaction that Toothless and Hiccup will have and the outcome/possibilities. Would they get attacked? Would they attack? Would it simply fly away? Or would it join them?

To me, it would be honestly saddening to know that Toothless is the last of his kind. I really would want to see a wild Night Fury and the reaction of both itself and "the gang."

However, it seems that Deblois probably isn't interested in exploring that option yet. It was mentioned in the Riders of Berk series, but was never brought up again. So maybe, just maybe they're hinting to that (hopefully inevitable) answer. Only time will tell how the franchise will address this question.
Salutations! My fellow Grapeviner!
Fandom in here is louder than it appears! (cheesy, I know)
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Eret
....Son of Eret

Part of me kind of doesn't really want there to be another night fury. I like that he's one of a kind, sort of like Hiccup... I know, cheesy..

kozmotisblack
assistant of dragons

eret
11 Apr 2014, 03:00
Part of me kind of doesn't really want there to be another night fury. I like that he's one of a kind, sort of like Hiccup... I know, cheesy..
I can understand your sentiment.It would feel incredibly odd to me for there to be another Night Fury, just due to how much I attach Toothless's quirks and body movements to the character itself rather than the species. That could definitely be my wrong-doing though. If there was another one, I would want the shade of said dragon to be different or perhaps a different eye color. Unlike with, say, a Deadly Nadder that has many arrays of colors, I couldn't imagine Night Furies coming in other colors that would be particularly distinguishable (as in, other than just slight darker/light shades of black or grey).

taking art requests on tumblr
Surviving the movie one day at a time.

Arys
Dragon Egg

New dragons? I'm interested to see Cloudjumper and both Bewilderbeast! I wish to see Thunderdrum too.

Also, let's keep an eye out of things. Who knows, among all of those dragons, there might be some from Book of Dragons or the series, passing by as a cameo.

TheEleventhViking
Terrible Terror

I must say I am a little dissapointed at some of the new dragonspecies. Don`t get me wrong, I love the design of the Stormcutter (cloudjumper), Bewilderbeast and so on. But it seems like many of the new dragons are not as distinctive as they were in the first film.

I think they might introduce crossbreeding (Even though I hope not).
But I will probably love them all anyway :D

kozmotisblack
assistant of dragons

TheEleventhViking
11 Apr 2014, 12:24
I must say I am a little dissapointed at some of the new dragonspecies. Don`t get me wrong, I love the design of the Stormcutter (cloudjumper), Bewilderbeast and so on. But it seems like many of the new dragons are not as distinctive as they were in the first film.

I think they might introduce crossbreeding (Even though I hope not).
But I will probably love them all anyway :D
As far as crossbreeding, I'm not terribly sure they will or won't. I haven't the foggiest idea of how dragon biology works (which is incredibly unfortunate).
I think the new dragons are quite distinctive but other than just going off of Nico Marlet's style and dragons that don't particularly make structural sense, they are making them more realistic. I think you can see it best in the muscle's of Cloudjumper (especially the scene where he bursts from the clouds unexpectedly) and, suprisngly, Gober's dragon. While lack of physics (smaller wings than should be allowed) and cartoonish aspects of course remain, I think they are moving away from showing dragons that are all vivid colors and typical looking to what we believe them to look like (more leaning to the Toothless style of design). However, I prefer the newer styles, I can see why you miss the older styles.

Of course the Bewilderbeast is giving me a run for my money with his colors and odd shape.
But I love it none the less, so I'll get over it.

Ajambul
Dragon Egg

I think it Gobber new dragon is a bullrougher.
You can see.

I have this photo from How to train your dragon wiki.

kozmotisblack
assistant of dragons

Zer0x posted a dragon on page 2 that I think perhaps could also be the dragon you posted as well. It's hard to tell isn't it? Hopefully Dragonpedia informs is soon ~

HideousZippleback

[color=blue]I'm just here for Snotlout.
[/color]

eret
11 Apr 2014, 03:00
Dean once said from what I remember that there are no more Night Furys though I am not sure about where it came from.

And if you notice Drago's cape looks like it has black drsagon scales (Night Fury possibly) and this could mean Drago killed the few remaining Night Furys (besides Toothless) and maybe, just maybe, this Night Fury that "provided" Drago his cape was a friend of Valka's?

TheEleventhViking
Terrible Terror

That`s an interesting theory you`ve got there