Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Theories on how Valka was .... (spoiler)
Topic Started: 09 Apr 2014, 21:05 (2389 Views)
WasBornCrazy
i dont think my avatar is working but ehh

Just wondering...

There may be spoilers.

My theorie:
Spoiler: click to toggle
i'm not very active anymore!! it's sad, but i'll come back sometimes to feel nostalgic ahaha
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

EmmaLuLuChu
Dragon Egg

oH MAN AGREE WITH YOU 100%

definitely one of things I thought about when the info was released. What other reason to get upset at Alvin?
When I was a boy, there were dragons.

Demonwolf002
Lone Dragon

I'm not to interested in the "how" she was abducted personally. Especially If it turns out she was abducted by the dragons since it seems that's the/at least one possibility. Unless she was abducted by Drago/his men or she chose to run away on purpose during a dragon attack then I don't really think her abduction is anything more than a thing that unfortunate as it was happened. Since I don't think the dragons would abduct her on purpose. I'm more so though really interested in the idea. If it wasn't Drago who abducted her then how did she come to find out about him. Or did she ever find out about him? Instead since we now know she was always pro peace between the dragons and vikings. Did she just choose to stay out in the wild with the dragons since it's possibly what she always wanted anyways. I'm also interested in the moral implications where being a mother /parent is concerned DreamWorks might touch when it comes to the choice to not try to get back to Berk and Hiccup. Also based on that same thought was her choice influenced by possible tension between her and Stoick. There's just so much there that interests me, but at the same time worries me about this character.

The idea of Alvin not following orders being what caused it is a nice idea and one that I do think could work if told through a flashback since someone who's only seen and only plans on seeing the movie would think he was dealt with in some way. So it would negate any possible ideas of "who be this" and "where he at".
See you in the skies Dragon Rider!

The Dragon Root:Thing what I wrote.

Is Toothless Evil? :Me possibly being crazy, but fun.

The BerkCast The HTTYD podcast, you should listen.

Eret
....Son of Eret

This may be a radical opinion but I get the feeling she wasn't actually abducted at all. Maybe she claims to have been abducted but the truth turns out to be something else. I was just thinking today that it would be interesting if Stoick told Hiccup that Valka was abducted to cover for the fact that she was actually banished for befriending the dragons. That would create a really cool conflict about whether or not Hiccup should be angry at his father- on the one hand he sent his mother away but on the other hand he was acting as chief to do what they at the time believed was the best for the good of the tribe... I kind of like the idea of it. But this is totally far fetched and probably way off base.

Hiccdew_Forever
Member Avatar
Deadly Nadder

It's not a theory unless it has been repeatedly validated by the scientific method.
User no longer exists.

Tessem7
Dragon Trainer

I actually have a theory stating that she wasn't abducted and she instead left with the dragons voluntarily. I just think that nobody (Stoick) wants to tell Hiccup the truth. I think that Valka, while living on Berk, did the same thing Hiccup did. She questioned why Vikings kill Dragons and she set out to learn more about them. I think she ended up forming a bond with a dragon or dragons much like Hiccup did with Toothless. But she wasn't able to prove that Vikings and Dragons can work together, so she was either exiled from Berk or left voluntarily because she would be the most hated person on the island for "conspiring with the enemy."

I just don't think it's very plausible that she was "abducted" by dragons in the time that she disappeared. I don't think dragons would try to carry someone off instead of just kill them on the spot, at least unless they were friends with Valka and knew not to hurt her.
"Thank you for summing that up."

Hiccdew_Forever
Member Avatar
Deadly Nadder

Major spoiler!
Spoiler: click to toggle
User no longer exists.

Zer0x

[b]Banhammerdragon
[/b]

I think it has something to do with Drago. Maybe he captured her, then she figured out his plan to build an Dragon Army. Maybe she was like Stoick at first, she hated all dragons, and then a dragon who was also captured (maybe Cloudjumper) helped her to escape. They formed a team and to protect her family and village she decided to fight against Drago and free the captured dragons. And she couldn't return to berk because she knew that the people would never accept her friendship with a dragon.
UNAMUSED

No, I'm serious....stop it..

Skywalker
Member Avatar
Hatchling

What I have been wondering "why". Why would Drago kidnap her? And my guess would be that like Hiccup, she showed a real ability to train/tame dragons. Something very important to a man who wants himself a dragon army.

Perhaps Drago didn't kidnap her. Perhaps he showed a willingness to "accept" dragons that Valka's people weren't, hiding his real reasons for why he wanted the dragons.

Zer0x

[b]Banhammerdragon
[/b]

Maybe he want to blackmail Stoick, because Berk is the only village that can stop him (because his army wasn't big at the beginning).
UNAMUSED

No, I'm serious....stop it..