Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Rating Update
Topic Started: 10 Apr 2014, 08:58 (3265 Views)
thescienceofmagic
Hairy Hooligan

HTTYD2 has been rated as PG because of
Quote:

adventure action and some mild rude humor.
evidenced here

mild rude humor guys xD

"I'm not a fan of quoting other people in signatures, especially when they aren't funny." -Zer0x 2014
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Eret
....Son of Eret

Oh good! I was a little disappointed/confused that it was rated G before. Like its supposed to be darker than the first movie but it has a lower rating??? wut??

Zer0x

[b]Banhammerdragon
[/b]

Yeah, I didn't believed that it was G-rated. I was hoping for PG-13, but the chances that this would happen were extremly low. XD
UNAMUSED

No, I'm serious....stop it..

HideousZippleback

[color=blue]I'm just here for Snotlout.
[/color]

Zer0x
10 Apr 2014, 16:38
Yeah, I didn't believed that it was G-rated. I was hoping for PG-13, but the chances that this would happen were extremly low. XD
I wanted number 2 to be PG-13 so badly. Now I'm hoping number 3 is PG-13.

kozmotisblack
assistant of dragons

HideousZippleback
10 Apr 2014, 17:37
Zer0x
I'm not terribly sure I would want that due to how hesitant parents would react ; A ;

taking art requests on tumblr
Surviving the movie one day at a time.

HideousZippleback

[color=blue]I'm just here for Snotlout.
[/color]

Valka
10 Apr 2014, 17:43
HideousZippleback
Zer0x
I'm not terribly sure I would want that due to how hesitant parents would react ; A ;
I can understand that, but when Dean said that HTTYD2 isn't really directed towarsds children I got hopeful for a PG-13 rating that's for sure.

kozmotisblack
assistant of dragons

HideousZippleback
10 Apr 2014, 17:46
Valka
HideousZippleback
I can understand that, but when Dean said that HTTYD2 isn't really directed towarsds children I got hopeful for a PG-13 rating that's for sure.

Fair enough, maybe the last one will up it's rating. It would be interesting to see as Harry Potter did and I know many parents still took their children to see it. But then again, it is Harry Potter;;;

taking art requests on tumblr
Surviving the movie one day at a time.

Eret
....Son of Eret

HideousZippleback
10 Apr 2014, 17:46
Valka
HideousZippleback
I hate to be negative but there is absolutely 0% chance of that ever happening... you have to remember that even though Dean may have said it doesn't pander to little kids, its still a franchise primarily marketed towards children from a studio that has done nothing but childrens movies in a medium that is dictated largely by the (incorrect) idea that child-friendly is the only thing that sells. Theres no way the executives of Dreamworks would ever let them get away with making the third movie PG-13, it would be too huge of a risk in their eyes. They'd lose a large portion of their target audience, and would have to hope that the older crowd would fill the theaters instead. Its just not something they'd ever take the chance on.

Demonwolf002
Lone Dragon

Quote:

I hate to be negative but there is absolutely 0% chance of that ever happening... you have to remember that even though Dean may have said it doesn't pander to little kids, its still a franchise primarily marketed towards children from a studio that has done nothing but childrens movies in a medium that is dictated largely by the (incorrect) idea that child-friendly is the only thing that sells. Theres no way the executives of Dreamworks would ever let them get away with making the third movie PG-13, it would be too huge of a risk in their eyes. They'd lose a large portion of their target audience, and would have to hope that the older crowd would fill the theaters instead. Its just not something they'd ever take the chance on.
It's the movie industry they've been around for quite some time. Whether good or bad through that time they've learned to make money and good money at that. It's one of the reasons why you rarely see a movie truly flop and flop hard. However regardless of all of this. The rating doesn't mean as much since you can still do quite a bit within it that can be seen as adult. The context and sub-context are to different things at times, and you can do depth within it that a younger kid doesn't have to get or understand in order to enjoy the movie. It's the same thing when all of us were younger the movies we watched had things hidden or sometimes fairly obvious where depth is concerned that being younger we more than likely didn't pick up on or get until now.
See you in the skies Dragon Rider!

The Dragon Root:Thing what I wrote.

Is Toothless Evil? :Me possibly being crazy, but fun.

The BerkCast The HTTYD podcast, you should listen.

Eret
....Son of Eret

Demonwolf002
10 Apr 2014, 19:17

It's the movie industry they've been around for quite some time. Whether good or bad through that time they've learned to make money and good money at that. It's one of the reasons why you rarely see a movie truly flop and flop hard.

Er.... I don't agree with this at all.