Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Final Trailer Release [SPOILERS]
Topic Started: 13 Apr 2014, 20:43 (12927 Views)
HumanToothless
Human/Former Dragon/Night Fury

Yesterday I was walking towards the theater room that was showing Divergent and on the way I was passing the theater room that was showing Rio 2 when all of a sudden I hear Gobber say Have a nice flight. And I was like what? So I ran inside the Rio 2 theater room and managed to see the last part of the trailer on the big screen :D it was destiny for me to watch it on the big screen
I ate a tasty looking purple flower and then the next thing you know I am human. I am currently trying to get used to the whole being human thing so be nice. I am completely human not a hybrid okay?
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

kozmotisblack
assistant of dragons

HumanToothless
14 Apr 2014, 00:43
Yesterday I was walking towards the theater room that was showing Divergent and on the way I was passing the theater room that was showing Rio 2 when all of a sudden I hear Gobber say Have a nice flight. And I was like what? So I ran inside the Rio 2 theater room and managed to see the last part of the trailer on the big screen :D it was destiny for me to watch it on the big screen
I'm happy for you, I bet it was beautiful to see it on the big screen :')

taking art requests on tumblr
Surviving the movie one day at a time.

HumanToothless
Human/Former Dragon/Night Fury

Valka
14 Apr 2014, 01:02
HumanToothless
14 Apr 2014, 00:43
I'm happy for you, I bet it was beautiful to see it on the big screen :')
It was ^_^
I ate a tasty looking purple flower and then the next thing you know I am human. I am currently trying to get used to the whole being human thing so be nice. I am completely human not a hybrid okay?

Fawnduu
Gronckle

i dont understand why valka has to be an evil character?????
realistically she wouldn't be, and realistically if you saw your long lost wife who you thought was killed by dragons 20 years ago youd be pretty happy to see her and your immediate reaction would not be why didnt you come back.

For me i think its pretty obvious why she didnt come back. The dragons initally held her hostage and then she most likely became enraptured, she might not have known where she was geographically i doubt she was mapping her travels, while she was kidnapped???

Now she has a duty to save a protect kidnapped dragons from drago so i dont think there is any need to be upset about her. Hiccup might even be the one to show her how to get back to berk because he IS mapping his travels a scene they make a point of showing.

im really glad they didnt do the whole " im so mad that you left me for 20 years thing" because its overused and cliche and just bad use of a conflict in my opinion. Drago is clearly the source of evil and eret is going to be the wavering initally evil but changes sides for the better possible betrayel character. we dont need to over do it with two of those characters
Im Courtney, a Concept Artist/ Computer Animator! 8)

My Art Page
My Animations

Fawnduu
Gronckle

KentuckyWildcat
13 Apr 2014, 18:30
Skywalker
13 Apr 2014, 15:38
I don't think the problem with "dragon training being in his blood" is a literal thing. But that it reduces the strides and steps Hiccup made. He was this little guy, so divorced from the usual viking way. But he found his unique talent and it changed his people's culture and stopped a "war" that had been going on for years.

Now, not so unique.
That's exactly my problem with the idea. In the first movie, Hiccup made a choice to go against everything he was expected to be. As a result, he accomplished more than he ever could have otherwise and changed life for the better for everyone on Berk. Introducing the idea that he's just like his mother so maybe it was his destiny all along cheapens that choice in my opinion.
he is still unique and i would say bolder than his mother, because his mother was kidnapped by dragons and therefore forced to understand and get to know them plus she only had them for companionship which makes it less impressive. Hiccup had a big looming father who had great expectations of him also it looks like hiccup is more clever when it comes to mechanical contraptions. where valka runs across her cloud jumpers back, hiccup has created a mechanism in toothless's saddle to help him do something similar in a safer more efficient way. Also the bond was formed because hiccup helped a dragon to fly again when it would never be able to again. There is a certain need for each other that is not apparent in valka and her dragon. I really doubt valka is going to undermine hiccups indiviuality because they are different people, hiccup is an engineer, valka is a wild warrior very much in her viking roots, a warrior.

My Art Page
My Animations

Skywalker
Member Avatar
Hatchling

From the info we have on Valka, I don't think she was kidnapped by dragons. She was seemingly an advocate for dragons before she ever disappeared.

Fawnduu
Gronckle

Skywalker
14 Apr 2014, 07:13
From the info we have on Valka, I don't think she was kidnapped by dragons. She was seemingly an advocate for dragons before she ever disappeared.
It was said on the site she was kidnapped

My Art Page
My Animations

Eret
....Son of Eret

Cbscriven
14 Apr 2014, 13:15

I get the feeling thats not the whole truth, like what actually happened to her has yet to be revealed. Maybe Stoick just thinks she was kidnapped but the truth is something else. No way of knowing for sure yet.

Fawnduu
Gronckle

eret
14 Apr 2014, 13:27
Cbscriven

I get the feeling thats not the whole truth, like what actually happened to her has yet to be revealed. Maybe Stoick just thinks she was kidnapped but the truth is something else. No way of knowing for sure yet.
i can agree with you on that, they arent gonna tell us what really happened. but still i dont think valka is going to undermine hiccup in anyway, because of what i said earlier about his gadgets and gizmos! hiccups got dragons and mechanisms

My Art Page
My Animations

Eret
....Son of Eret

Cbscriven
14 Apr 2014, 13:35
eret
14 Apr 2014, 13:27
Cbscriven

i can agree with you on that, they arent gonna tell us what really happened. but still i dont think valka is going to undermine hiccup in anyway, because of what i said earlier about his gadgets and gizmos! hiccups got dragons and mechanisms

No I agree, Hiccup is still extremely intelligent, inventive, and clever despite whether or not his mom is also a dragon expert. His inventions are genius to the point of being almost unbelievable, and I highly doubt she can match him in that department. But yeah I'm kind of hoping the thing about her being kidnapped isn't true, mostly just because I can't think of a situation where that would make sense... but I'll have to see it first and ask questions later.