Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
The new trailer
Topic Started: 10 Apr 2014, 17:27 (1989 Views)
Night fury fire

[b]
[color=blue]We're fangirls! It's an occupational hazard...
[/color]
[/b]

Who thought it was the best trailer so far?
^_^ ;) :D :$ :P 8) :'( :( ^) :O :blink: >:( <3 <- me seeing httyd 2
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

AuroraBorealis
Monstrous Nightmare

The best! I loved it!
What should I write on my signature? Hmm...
I am a Httyd, Gravity Falls and Portal (One and two) fan.
I'm also a bookworm and an introvert.
That was pretty random, but that's me summed up in two sentences.

Hiccdew_Forever
Member Avatar
Deadly Nadder

Nope
User no longer exists.

Millie
Intellect

Quite a hard question.

The best? It depends on what grounds. But I think it was really a good trailer, however it might have felt a little unnecessary. It felt it was more of the second trailer with added sequences and spoilers that I feel should have been left until release.

It's not bad by any means, but it's probably the weakest because of how it repeats the second trailer mostly.

It would have probably been a better choice to not have this third trailer and keep the audience guessing, speculating therefore building up tension and hype for the movie. But hell, I ain't complaining, it was a good trailer after all and got me more excited for HTTYD 2.
Salutations! My fellow Grapeviner!
Fandom in here is louder than it appears! (cheesy, I know)

EmmaLuLuChu
Dragon Egg

This was definitely one of Dreamworks best trailers, and put it in perspective.

As of recent they're going through a tough bit, what with the unfortunate failures of the past few movies so far (Turbo, Rise of the Guardians, and I believe unfortunately Mr. Peabody and Sherman) and all of them great movies, but their advertising wasn't very good.

They are really stepping it up for Dragons, because they understand just how big a hit they have.

They recognize it so they're going to do everything they can to draw in as many people as possible.

How to Train Your Dragon is their ace, and they'll do everything they can to pull in as much as possible.

I still can't get over how amazing the recent trailer was, bits and pieces have me wanting and needing to see this stuff play out *cough Haddock family fun times cough* and showing those moments which to us are spoilery, but to the general population it's going to grab their interest and make them have that one bit more incentive to go and see it.
When I was a boy, there were dragons.

Dragon Wings
Dragon Defender

I am almost crying. DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD IT IS TO MAKE ME CRY OVER A VIDEO?!? EVER HARDER FOR TEARS OF JOY!!!!

THERE WILL BE A SMILE PLASTERED ON MY FACE FOR THE NEXT WEEK MAYBE LONGER!!!! :D :D :D
And we've killed thousands of them! They defend themselves, that's all! ~Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III

thenightandthefury
Gronckle

I thought it was awesome, I got the whole thrilled experience and in the end was breatheless and smiling.

I saw it in 3D before Rio 2, and it was AWESOME. I loved it all, especially the Stoick x Valka re-union. I honestly think it is the best one yet, it has more humor and more heart in the moments that made me (for one) just melt, then get all fired back up. After I wanted to see the trailer again and again.. Which.. is what a trailer should do.. So I think it was AWESOME!

As for this being like the "leaked script" made by the admin as a prank... (in description of the leaked video) O.O Really? No. It wasn't at all like that.

But ya, this was an awesome trailer.

AndyMay

[b]
[color=#d51c1c]The Lemon God
[/color]
[/b]

Without a shadow of a doubt! It was the bes!
Top Poester for 6 Months Award :D

ChaseMagnus
Dragon-Hugger

It was one of my fave trailers of all time but I also found it a bit revealing......but then again that's probably the inner fanguy talking...... :$
"There is Freedom waiting for you
On the breezes of the sky
And you ask 'What if I fall?'
'Oh but my darling,
what if you fly'..."

Cartoon Freak
Deadly Nadder

Initial reaction: is there some sort of law requiring all animated epic fantasy films to feature "Kings and Queens" in at least one of their trailers?

Second reaction: Clearly, that song wasn't what got me hyped for Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole, because this trailer somehow managed to lower my expectations for the film. This comes down to one factor: Valka. Yeah, yeah, I sound like a broken record to some people, I know, but it has to be said: Valka is looking set to ruin this film.

Putting aside the many, many problems with her character that I have brought up before, this trailer shows the following:

1. More of her being infinitely superior to Hiccup, to the point where she knows things about Toothless that he doesn't know. Yeah, we get it, DeBlois, Valka is the bestest dragon rider there is, was, or ever shall be, and Hiccup will never compare. Please stop making the supposed protagonist useless so your precious little Mary Sue can steal the movie.

2. Once again, no one calls her out on her bovine excrement, with even Stoick instantly forgiving her. Sheesh, even I'd held out some reasonable hope that Stoick might have been a little frosty to her at first, but nope, she's apparently so perfect that morality rearranges itself around her to the point where not only is abandoning her family for years something that is instantly forgiven, it's not even something that needs to be forgiven.

3. With Stoick's reaction went my largest hope, that Valka would turn out to not be Hiccup's mother, and actually be lying to him as part of some plan to manipulate him, for good or ill. I guess that's what I get for having hopes.

In short, this trailer has managed to send my expectations for this film plummeting into the depths. Trailers: you're doing it wrong.
Number of times I've watched the trailer: 18.

My pet peeve: people who refer to complete strangers by their first name. The correct ways to refer to a "John Smith" whom you have never met are Smith, Mr Smith, or John Smith. Not "John". He's not your buddy.