Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
What do you think about Toothless's hidden ability?[Spoiler]
Topic Started: 13 Apr 2014, 18:09 (7459 Views)
TheCube42
(As Not Seen on TV)

My source of information suggests it enables Toothless to go even faster ("Rolling around at the speed of sound!").
Σ (a sigma-ture)
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Zer0x

[b]Banhammerdragon
[/b]

Does your mysterious source also explains how?
Okay, more spikes means less turbulences and that means a more aerodynamic behaviour but will the difference be noticable?
UNAMUSED

No, I'm serious....stop it..

TheCube42
(As Not Seen on TV)

No.

But the source is almost exactly a year old, so...

*runs away*
Σ (a sigma-ture)

kozmotisblack
assistant of dragons

Cartoon Freak
13 Apr 2014, 06:29
It's just another way to show that Valka is infinitely better than everyone else in the movie put together. Don't think too hard about it. I doubt anyone working on the movie did.
I don't agree with the ending of your statement, nor the intention necessarily of this post... But I agree with you a bit. I thought Toothless would come to a bit of surprise to her, maybe even fascinate her due to his rarity as a Night Fury. As I mentioned before, that part of the spine might just have a bundle of nerve endings, and be a common spot for dragons (as it also cause reactions in a Deadly Nadder)... But the scene did seem a bit self serving. I was hoping for a pupil teaches the student scenario but it's showing that might not happen. -edits- But I keep flip flopping because you have to tell the audience a bit about the character for them to have a few concepts of who they are, and they needed some form of scene to tell the audience of that. And who better but the dragon that has become so popular ?

Of course, the obvious disclaimer is always withstanding that I have barely any context clues, so I don't want to be assumptious.

taking art requests on tumblr
Surviving the movie one day at a time.

Kyle
Hatchling

If nothing else, I think it just tells the audience, that even though Hiccup and Toothless have been together for what, five years, there is still much Hiccup doesn't know.
Visit my portfolio! Portfolio

Gh3ttoKinG.

[color=red]
[b]Mr. Insane Insanity
[/b]
[/color]

Zer0x
13 Apr 2014, 21:48
Hmm, strange. I thought that would be one of the last scenes of the movie. But where is Toothless' "hidden ability"?

For big / high resolute pictures please small them with this function:
Code:

[img=720,405]http://imageshack.com/a/img835/2204/drqi.png[/img]
But you should take the right aspect ratio
Preview:

You also can link it ​to the high result ​version:
Code:

[url=http://imageshack.com/a/img835/2204/drqi.png[img=720,405]http://imageshack.com/a/img835/2204/drqi.png[/img][/url]
Preview:

Because of this (had to zoom out):

Kyle
14 Apr 2014, 00:01
If nothing else, I think it just tells the audience, that even though Hiccup and Toothless have been together for what, five years, there is still much Hiccup doesn't know.
Yes, it​ could be, but then they should have chosen​ an ​ability they can need/use in the movie

HumanToothless
Human/Former Dragon/Night Fury

The spikes could be used so when toothless flies he is even more accurate/flexible like when he dodges the nets that are thrown at him in the first trailer.
I ate a tasty looking purple flower and then the next thing you know I am human. I am currently trying to get used to the whole being human thing so be nice. I am completely human not a hybrid okay?

ChaseMagnus
Dragon-Hugger

Zer0x
13 Apr 2014, 21:48
Hmm, strange. I thought that would be one of the last scenes of the movie. But where is Toothless' "hidden ability"?

The Bewilderbeast reminds me of some random Rasta dude
Hiccdew_Forever
13 Apr 2014, 22:02
Toothless must keep them shut else Hiccup might lose another leg.
"leg......................" ;)
"There is Freedom waiting for you
On the breezes of the sky
And you ask 'What if I fall?'
'Oh but my darling,
what if you fly'..."

Zer0x

[b]Banhammerdragon
[/b]

@Gh3ttoKinG.

That's a problem with the browser. It seems like firefox ignores "max-width" in the source code. In Google Chrome it works (mostly).
We're currently working on that.
UNAMUSED

No, I'm serious....stop it..

orbmanson7
Hatchling

Has anyone considered the possibility that Valka HASN'T seen another Night Fury and simply has worked with so many different dragons that she took a good guess and identified that he had specific spikes and decided to try a trick she learned with a different dragon (maybe one that is somewhat like Toothless or not) and it just revealed the odd-but-interesting ability?
I'm with a few others on the idea of Toothless being alone. Personally, I think he's the FIRST of his kind, not the last, but that's just me.
SOD Friend Code: ZKVDN
HIJACK <3