Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
What do you think about Toothless's hidden ability?[Spoiler]
Topic Started: 11 Apr 2014, 12:52 (7442 Views)
Pyr0mancer
Hatchling

I just thought that when Valka touches Toothless on the back, and all the those spikes popped out, could this could be something important in the plot. Maybe Valka has already seen another night fury?

PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

HideousZippleback

[color=blue]I'm just here for Snotlout.
[/color]

Pyr0mancer
11 Apr 2014, 16:52
I just thought that when Valka touches Toothless on the back, and all the those spikes popped out, could this could be something important in the plot. Maybe Valka has already seen another night fury?
I'm suspecting she had previous encounters with a Night Fury (though not Toothless) in some of her years in the ice cave with the other dragons.

But I think if they introduce a new "abitily" on Toothless (eye roll) they need to use it for something. Other wise it will be useless.

Pyr0mancer
Hatchling

HideousZippleback
11 Apr 2014, 16:55
Pyr0mancer
11 Apr 2014, 16:52
I'm suspecting she had previous encounters with a Night Fury (though not Toothless) in some of her years in the ice cave with the other dragons.

But I think if they introduce a new "abitily" on Toothless (eye roll) they need to use it for something. Other wise it will be useless.
Yeah, that is why I said it might be an ability, or maybe it is just to show how clever Valka is when it comes to dragons:)

TheEleventhViking
Terrible Terror

It might give him more speed or something. Not easy to say. I think it looks a little wierd, and the fact that he can flap them. I don`t know. But I do like the fact that every dragon have their own hidden ability :)

kozmotisblack
assistant of dragons

Maybe necks are just a known sensitive place for dragons?
Just due to the nerve ends that collect at the top of their spines. Snotlout found Stormfly's one shot ability that way so perhaps..?

-pulling theories out of nearly thin air-

taking art requests on tumblr
Surviving the movie one day at a time.

thescienceofmagic
Hairy Hooligan

I'd like to see them used for something vaguely important at least, although I'm not sure what that could possibly be.

As for how Valka knew how to do that, I agree with above, that it's just a sensitive spot for dragons. I'm not sure how I like the idea that there are other night furies and that's where Valka learnt it. As nice as it would be for Toothless to have fellow species members, there's a certain quality about being the last of a kind that I'd rather keep.

"I'm not a fan of quoting other people in signatures, especially when they aren't funny." -Zer0x 2014

barracuda
Member Avatar
Who's afraid of the big, black bat?

I find the whole idea... weird, to say the least. It makes him look like some kind of organic machine. Press a button here, scratch a little bit there and you get a new secret hidden feature? It just doesn't make any sense from a biological perspective.

And I think it's also visually pretty disturbing, like someone cut the spikes in half with a knife one by one and then pulls them apart. I'm really not sure why they though it's a good idea...
and this is our dragon
(oh no not again)
oh isn't it sweet
(i think i have to go)

Demonwolf002
Lone Dragon

Honestly considering Toothless's biggest prowess is speed and maneuverability in flight at that speed. If the spines do anything I'd say it would be that. Although I'm no expert when it comes to flight mechanics or aerodynamics. So what they might exactly do is above me someone with more experience in those fields would have to say. Also to touch on the idea that Valka may have ran into another Nightfurry so that's how she knew. It's definitely possible, but I doubt it's something they will touch on in the movie. Instead opting to be as vague as they've been so far. Which does suck, but more for us to work with and dream up yea? :)
See you in the skies Dragon Rider!

The Dragon Root:Thing what I wrote.

Is Toothless Evil? :Me possibly being crazy, but fun.

The BerkCast The HTTYD podcast, you should listen.

Pyr0mancer
Hatchling

At least Toothless is happy:)

HideousZippleback

[color=blue]I'm just here for Snotlout.
[/color]

Pyr0mancer
11 Apr 2014, 19:22

At least Toothless is happy:)
This was the one thing from the trailer I didn't like. They look so wierd and I'm suspecting it's going to become a wast of time in the movie.