Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
What RoB & DoB easter eggs/continuities would you like to see in HTTYD 2?
Topic Started: 15 Apr 2014, 15:43 (3832 Views)
Oneill5491
Terrible Terror

I was wondering how many of you would love to see some Easter eggs or character continuities from the TV series (Riders of Berk and Defenders of Berk) placed subtlety into HTTYD 2.

It's funny that the guy who wrote the Forbes article that is referenced in another thread actually said this in the article:
Quote:

As I mentioned back in December, it will be interesting to see if any proverbial easter eggs or inside references await those who have watched the ongoing Dragons: Riders of Berk which has run on Cartoon Network since 2012.
That Forbes contributor has to be in the fandom. You just know it.

Personally, I would love to see this:

Anywhere in the background. They don't even need to mention it. If I see that plushy, I'll absolutely die.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Zer0x

[b]Banhammerdragon
[/b]

We will probably see a Speed Stinger:

UNAMUSED

No, I'm serious....stop it..

Hiccdew_Forever
Member Avatar
Deadly Nadder

Mildew
User no longer exists.

Night fury fire

[b]
[color=blue]We're fangirls! It's an occupational hazard...
[/color]
[/b]

Hiccdew_Forever
15 Apr 2014, 19:48
Mildew
Please no :(
^_^ ;) :D :$ :P 8) :'( :( ^) :O :blink: >:( <3 <- me seeing httyd 2

HideousZippleback

[color=blue]I'm just here for Snotlout.
[/color]

DreamWorks has stated many times that they are not adding any characters from the series in the movies because they don't want to confuse fans who have never seen the series. So that means no Dagur, no Alvin and thankfully no Mildew.

And the Speed Stinger can actually be seen in the Book of Dragons scene for a quick second so they made the dragon before the series so that must be why it is in the clip with Hiccup and Valka.

Berserk Shieldmaiden
Superior Warriorness

HideousZippleback
15 Apr 2014, 21:13
DreamWorks has stated many times that they are not adding any characters from the series in the movies because they don't want to confuse fans who have never seen the series. So that means no Dagur, no Alvin and thankfully no Mildew.
That's too bad actually. I know the movie will be awesome but references to the series would be fun. I guess I can understand Dreamworks not wanting to for those who haven't seen the series though.

Oh well, hopefully they will make season 3 for the series and bring those characters back again.

Zer0x

[b]Banhammerdragon
[/b]

HideousZippleback
And the Speed Stinger can actually be seen in the Book of Dragons scene for a quick second so they made the dragon before the series so that must be why it is in the clip with Hiccup and Valka.
Yes, it is probably the only breed in the book we've never seen in the movie or shorts. I think we won't see Flightmare, Fire Worm, Smokebreath or Typhoomerang.
UNAMUSED

No, I'm serious....stop it..

WasBornCrazy
i dont think my avatar is working but ehh

I'm so sure I read somewhere that there was going to be a little treat for us though. Anyways.... I'd actually really want to see... Wait, I have no idea. I think I just want to see a background character that looks like a character in the series.
i'm not very active anymore!! it's sad, but i'll come back sometimes to feel nostalgic ahaha

thescienceofmagic
Hairy Hooligan

Berserk Shieldmaiden
16 Apr 2014, 05:02
HideousZippleback
That's too bad actually. I know the movie will be awesome but references to the series would be fun. I guess I can understand Dreamworks not wanting to for those who haven't seen the series though.

Oh well, hopefully they will make season 3 for the series and bring those characters back again.
I agree, I'd like a few little references to the series. It wouldn't have to be enough that it'd confuse the movie fans but that we'd still notice (: Sort of a little 'heads up' to us

"I'm not a fan of quoting other people in signatures, especially when they aren't funny." -Zer0x 2014

Gh3ttoKinG.

[color=red]
[b]Mr. Insane Insanity
[/b]
[/color]

thescienceofmagic
16 Apr 2014, 10:44
I agree, I'd like a few little references to the series. It wouldn't have to be enough that it'd confuse the movie fans but that we'd still notice (: Sort of a little 'heads up' to us
I would love to see some references too. It isn't really hard to make it. Just an older Gustav who wants to fight with against the Bewilderbeast Alpha but he mustn't. And I think this wouldn't confuse the other people who didn't see RoB and/or DoB.
There are a lot of possible references which wouldn't confuse the non-series watcher.