Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Wonder-Con Previews
Topic Started: 20 Apr 2014, 18:11 (2172 Views)
DragonDreamer
Dragon Scribe

I heard that Wonder-Con was previewing 1 hour of the movie, but last I checked most films last about an hour long.

Someone please explain to me the concept. I need some clarity and maybe a description of the one hour clip- just send me a PM for the last bit.
What dragon dreams are made of.

PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

N4raDov
Dovahkiin

I believe the second film is 1 hr and 45 mins...so they pretty much just saw a good chunk of the movie
C4P741N 5W4N

Night fury fire

[b]
[color=blue]We're fangirls! It's an occupational hazard...
[/color]
[/b]

N4raDov
20 Apr 2014, 22:13
I believe the second film is 1 hr and 45 mins...so they pretty much just saw a good chunk of the movie
It was a pretty stupid idea
^_^ ;) :D :$ :P 8) :'( :( ^) :O :blink: >:( <3 <- me seeing httyd 2

N4raDov
Dovahkiin

Night fury fire
20 Apr 2014, 22:18
N4raDov
20 Apr 2014, 22:13
It was a pretty stupid idea
Yea, I feel bad for the people who now have to wait 2 months to see the rest...and aren't they worried someone might write a blogpost or something and spoil it for others? Hopefully they signed some sort of agreement saying they wouldn't...
C4P741N 5W4N

Zer0x

[b]Banhammerdragon
[/b]

Even if they had to signed an egreement or something like that, they can't get sure that nobody share the story, some people have already shared it. Fox' philosophy of publishing probably ruined the first experience for many people and makes it hard for people like me to avoid the spoilers.
UNAMUSED

No, I'm serious....stop it..

Eret
....Son of Eret

thats where willpower comes in. :)

But seriously this is not the first time a studio has premiered an incomplete film for test audiences before. The point was probably less to spoil it for those people and more to gauge how audiences are generally going to react to the movie.

Gh3ttoKinG.

[color=red]
[b]Mr. Insane Insanity
[/b]
[/color]

eret
21 Apr 2014, 03:03

But seriously this is not the first time a studio has premiered an incomplete film for test audiences before. The point was probably less to spoil it for those people and more to gauge how audiences are generally going to react to the movie.
So you mean (for example) they want to know if they have a chance to win an Oscar? And if they say no then they will choose a dark end to get the chance to win an Oscar?

KentuckyWildcat
Raw Vikingness

I could be wrong, but I thought that test screenings typically show an entire film with the possibility of changing some things if the audience reacts too negatively. Given that this particular event seems to be only the first hour of the finished product, I don't really think it's a test screening, but more a promotional tool to generate some buzz. Like I said though, I could be wrong since I don't work in the movie industry or anything.
Come death. Come suffering. I will not live in fear. In this fleeting life where time escapes us, the path of least resistance is a slow quiet death. I'd rather burn out than fade away.

DragonDreamer
Dragon Scribe

Quote:

Quote:

So you mean (for example) they want to know if they have a chance to win an Oscar? And if they say no then they will choose a dark end to get the chance to win an Oscar?
Sounds like when they leaked the whole script for Frozen for award consideration on a site called The Rotoscopers.
What dragon dreams are made of.

Zer0x

[b]Banhammerdragon
[/b]

KentuckyWildcat
21 Apr 2014, 03:46
I could be wrong, but I thought that test screenings typically show an entire film with the possibility of changing some things if the audience reacts too negatively. Given that this particular event seems to be only the first hour of the finished product, I don't really think it's a test screening, but more a promotional tool to generate some buzz. Like I said though, I could be wrong since I don't work in the movie industry or anything.
Right, for every movie there is screening with a test audience months before the actual release. The people who are invited are selected reviewers, journalists or magazin authors.
But this time it was an open event, everyone could watch it. It's just a promotional thing.
UNAMUSED

No, I'm serious....stop it..