Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
First Hour of HTTYD2 at WonderCon
Topic Started: 18 Apr 2014, 23:51 (5242 Views)
thescienceofmagic
Hairy Hooligan

SOURCE

Personally I think it's a little bit ridiculous that they are showing over half the film before it's even premiered but what do you guys think?

"I'm not a fan of quoting other people in signatures, especially when they aren't funny." -Zer0x 2014
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

KentuckyWildcat
Raw Vikingness

Yeah, I think it's probably a bit much as a promotional tactic. They don't need to show nearly that much to get people interested, and plot leaks are almost certain to happen with the screening being at an event like that.

I will say though that I'm not all that jealous of the people who will be there. It would actually suck to see over half of a movie only to have it cut-off abruptly forcing you to wait two more months to see how it ends.
Come death. Come suffering. I will not live in fear. In this fleeting life where time escapes us, the path of least resistance is a slow quiet death. I'd rather burn out than fade away.

Nat the Hooligan
Left Handed Hooligan

the fact that they are willing to show a full hour of the movie is a bit shocking really. i feel like to show that much of the movie would near kill people (i know over exaggeration) because the wait to see what happens next in a movie that intense is insane. don't get me wrong i would really love to be there, in fact i was super bummed that i wouldn't be able to but i would freak out so much for not being able to see how it ends. in the first one, the last 20-30 minutes was the most intense out of the entire movie, it resolved all the problems that were brought up in the beginning and still made a happy ending, and i expect nothing less of the next one.

"I'm good with fabric, who knew?!" ~Tuffnut

Hiccdew_Forever
Member Avatar
Deadly Nadder

Meh
User no longer exists.

Jendora
Hiccup's Girlfriend

Honestly, I think it's not fair. I live on the other side of the US and I'll be so mad tomorrow at 8PM knowing that this is being shown and I'm missing it. D:

Seriously, though, I agree with everyone else. That's a bit overkill to show that much without releasing the whole movie.

I dunno...maybe I'll get bored and see if someone sneakily filmed the footage and posted it online or something. I doubt it'll happen, but never know.
Coming Soon!!

NightFuryChic
Nightfury Overlord

What? Well, I'll be searching for the deets on tumblr or something...

Hiccdew_Forever
Member Avatar
Deadly Nadder

Jendora
19 Apr 2014, 05:49
Honestly, I think it's not fair. I live on the other side of the US and I'll be so mad tomorrow at 8PM knowing that this is being shown and I'm missing it. D:
Serves you right.
User no longer exists.

ToothlessNightFury
Toothless

I don't want it to be posted online really because like everyone else I feel like it will ruin the movie. And i want to enjoy it when I see it in theaters with my mom and friends
Believe a Dragon Can Thaw A Frozen Heart Role Play Based of HTTYD and Frozen

Around here we don't look back. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.-Walt Disney

Hiccdew_Forever
Member Avatar
Deadly Nadder

ToothlessNightFury
19 Apr 2014, 06:10
I don't want it to be posted online really because like everyone else I feel like it will ruin the movie. And i want to enjoy it when I see it in theaters with my mom and friends
No one is forcing you to go to HTTYD2 related sites.
User no longer exists.

ToothlessNightFury
Toothless

Hiccdew_Forever
19 Apr 2014, 06:23
ToothlessNightFury
19 Apr 2014, 06:10
No one is forcing you to go to HTTYD2 related sites.
I know but if it's online then gifs will be made and it means I have to avoid everything remotly related to httyd 1 and 2 which woun't be easy.
Believe a Dragon Can Thaw A Frozen Heart Role Play Based of HTTYD and Frozen

Around here we don't look back. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.-Walt Disney