Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
First Hour of HTTYD2 at WonderCon
Topic Started: 21 Apr 2014, 10:52 (5263 Views)
Cartoon Freak
Deadly Nadder

Cheers. I've only read the last few lines of the spoilers, just to see if there was anything really surprising. There wasn't. Oh well, I suppose it was a bit too much to hope for, but maybe the third act will turn things around.
Number of times I've watched the trailer: 18.

My pet peeve: people who refer to complete strangers by their first name. The correct ways to refer to a "John Smith" whom you have never met are Smith, Mr Smith, or John Smith. Not "John". He's not your buddy.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Skywalker
Member Avatar
Hatchling

Astrid
21 Apr 2014, 14:30
Quote:

I am rather interested in seeing a brief summary of the one hour preview, so would somehow be able to PM me either a description in their own words, or a link to such a summary? Honestly, I'm sure I'll find it all out before the movie anyway, so it may as well be sooner rather than later.
idk if someone pmed you but I'm doing it now.
Could I get one possibly?

Astrid
Gronckle

Quote:

Could I get one possibly?
yep sure I'm pming you the link :)

DragonDreamer
Dragon Scribe

Quote:

I am rather interested in seeing a brief summary of the one hour preview, so would somehow be able to PM me either a description in their own words, or a link to such a summary? Honestly, I'm sure I'll find it all out before the movie anyway, so it may as well be sooner rather than later.
I'd wouldn't mind checking it out either.
What dragon dreams are made of.

hiccupi
Member Avatar
Dragon Egg

Can someone send me PM for the description of the 1st hour? I want to know too, I don't mind spoilers!

akai-chan
Member Avatar
Dragon Egg

I second the motion for a PM please! I'm dying to know.

Zer0x

[b]Banhammerdragon
[/b]

I can't understand why people want to destroy the experience of the movie by reading reviews about the plot. Isn't the movie it worth to wait a few months more?
UNAMUSED

No, I'm serious....stop it..

Nat the Hooligan
Left Handed Hooligan

Zer0x
22 Apr 2014, 05:05
I can't understand why people want to destroy the experience of the movie by reading reviews about the plot. Isn't the movie it worth to wait a few months more?
i agree. although part of me really wants to know what happened, i know that if i read it/hear about it, i'm going to wish i hadn't. watching the scenes/trailers for the first time made me so happy cause i would see something i wasn't really expecting like ruff and tuff fighting over the black sheep and when i first saw the bewilder-beasts, seeing those made me so excited and happy with what the final product would be. i want to be filled with that wonder and amazement when i see the entire movie.

"I'm good with fabric, who knew?!" ~Tuffnut

toothless lover
fangirl

Is anyone ever going to this anyway?
KEEP CALM AND TRAIN DRAGONS

������

[spoiler=LOL]I have no idea how to breath[/spoiler]

Cartoon Freak
Deadly Nadder

Zer0x
22 Apr 2014, 05:05
It's been mentioned before, but it's worth saying again: this preview still leaves the entire third act as an unknown. If there is a big plot twist (well, other than ones that the trailers stupidly gave away), it would probably be there. Really, it's not like HTTYD wasn't predictable for the most part, and I think we can all agree that that was a brilliant film, and doesn't lose much, if anything, on rewatches. So I don't really see how knowing the plot, as relatively predictable as it is at this point, is going to ruin anything.

Because let's be honest here: was anyone who read a summary actually surprised in any serious way? I certainly wasn't (unfortunately, but that's another matter), though it is true that I only read the last few points and the points involving the sequence about which I was the most curious.

I understand people who wish to leave as much of the film unknown as possible, but people who read plot summaries are likely just, like me, curious, and know that there was unlikely to be any new surprises in the first two acts anyway.
Number of times I've watched the trailer: 18.

My pet peeve: people who refer to complete strangers by their first name. The correct ways to refer to a "John Smith" whom you have never met are Smith, Mr Smith, or John Smith. Not "John". He's not your buddy.