Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
[SPOILERS FOR CLIP] "First Five Minutes" playing this weekend before Rio 2 in some theatres.
Topic Started: 19 Apr 2014, 10:06 (1263 Views)
seejanerun
"I would always rather be happy than dignified.”

The clip is really not that different from what we've seen so far. It's playing in select theaters before Rio 2 this weekend, but will be released on Yahoo Movies (and I'm sure will be posted on the Grapevine) this coming Monday 4/21 at 1PM ET.

** Although it is being billed as the "first five minutes" of the film, the black sheep seen has some different moments that were not in this preview, and there is a cut directly from the end of the flight suit scene to the itchy armpit scene, so we are missing whatever "goes wrong" with the flight suit that ticks Toothless off so much. So don't despair!

It starts out with a "This is Berk" monologue to give us some context, letting us know that the movie takes place five years after the events of the previous film. Berk is considerably move colorful than when we last saw it. I guess when you're not fighting dragons all the time, you can do some sprucing up. There are touches of "Hiccup flair" dragon amenities all around: beautiful stables, feeding stations, even a "dragon wash". We then start to see the young adults (minus Hiccup) racing around the islands, and we get to understand the point of the game. Of course we get to see more of Berk's fabulous ovine residents, as they are the targets of the young adults game. We see Snotlout and Fishlegs are now competing for Ruffnut's attention, but she seems to like it only in so far as it gives her an advantage in the races.

This goes into the "Black Sheep" clip, basically. Astrid wins and takes a victory lap. In a moment that reminds me of "The Little Mermaid," Stoick remarks about Hiccup's conspicuous absence, and it cuts to the flight suit. Then cut to the "we've really gotta work on your solo gliding there, bud" moment. We see a bit more of Hiccup attempting to wrestle forgiveness out of the dragon and being dangled over the cliff, the two of them play-wrestling, and then the awesome map clip.

I think that pretty much covers it! Any questions? Let me know.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

N4raDov
Dovahkiin

Sounds cool! Personally, I'm glad it doesn't show too much more of what we haven't seen! After this, I'm gonna be avoiding any more clips :)
C4P741N 5W4N

Shnuckles
Deadly Nadder

N4raDov
19 Apr 2014, 17:18
Sounds cool! Personally, I'm glad it doesn't show too much more of what we haven't seen! After this, I'm gonna be avoiding any more clips :)
I always tell myself, 'I'm not going to watch anymore clips,' but I always do.

Hiccdew_Forever
Member Avatar
Deadly Nadder

Shnuckles
19 Apr 2014, 17:28
I always tell myself that I'm going to watch it.
User no longer exists.

N4raDov
Dovahkiin

Shnuckles
19 Apr 2014, 17:28
N4raDov
19 Apr 2014, 17:18
Yea I have that problem too sometimes but I'm hoping to do better this time lol
C4P741N 5W4N