Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
New Art Of Httyd2 [spoilers]
Topic Started: 19 Apr 2014, 18:18 (3539 Views)
Zer0x

[b]Banhammerdragon
[/b]

Cbscriven
19 Apr 2014, 20:46
Zer0x
19 Apr 2014, 19:52
Is this from "The Art of How To Train Your Dragon 2"-book?
I thought it will be released on 6th May.
nope! its from the art of dreamworks book which was just released april 16, I just got it today and was very surprised that they had their concepts for their 2014 movies!!

Nice. My one will be delivered on Thuesday. ^_^
UNAMUSED

No, I'm serious....stop it..
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Fawnduu
Gronckle

Hiccdew_Forever
19 Apr 2014, 22:18
Cbscriven
19 Apr 2014, 22:12
Nat the Hooligan
19 Apr 2014, 21:12
I pre-ordered the art of how to train your dragon and I can't wait to get it!
HideousZippleback
19 Apr 2014, 21:22
I preordered The Art of How To Train Your Dragon 2 and it should come by the 9th of May.

So scared but SO excited!

me too i have to add it to my collection of art books!

i sit with my nose in them i will never forget what my narrative professor said about art books. She basically said this is your ticket into the industry if you want to do concept work look at these books because they are showing you what you need to be able to achieve etc etc she gets all the books for free because shes a set designer at dreamworks but yeah
You also seem to collect owls?

actually no my friends just seem to get me presents that have to do with owls, but i definitely enjoy and like them, i just concentrated all my owl belongings on my tiny little shelf i have in my tiny little apartment
Im Courtney, a Concept Artist/ Computer Animator! 8)

My Art Page
My Animations

AuroraBorealis
Monstrous Nightmare

I want to get this now, but it'll be embarrassing if I go around bying it. I pretend I'm not too obsessed with HTTYD... (Only in real life) :wub:
What should I write on my signature? Hmm...
I am a Httyd, Gravity Falls and Portal (One and two) fan.
I'm also a bookworm and an introvert.
That was pretty random, but that's me summed up in two sentences.

Fawnduu
Gronckle

AuroraBorealis
19 Apr 2014, 22:52
I want to get this now, but it'll be embarrassing if I go around bying it. I pretend I'm not too obsessed with HTTYD... (Only in real life) :wub:
No shame in a little bit of passion!! Honestly dont be embarrased its professional artwork and there is no shame in enjoying artwork

My Art Page
My Animations

Nat the Hooligan
Left Handed Hooligan

AuroraBorealis
19 Apr 2014, 22:52
you shouldn't hide something your passionate about. although honestly i did the same thing for a while, but once i heard about the sequel last June, i stopped caring. my friends would just have to love the fact that I'm in love with HTTYD. In fact, january i got my first tattoo and its for HTTYD2 even though its not out yet ^_^ don't hide what you love

"I'm good with fabric, who knew?!" ~Tuffnut

thenightandthefury
Gronckle

Did anyone else notice the dragon in near upper left hand corner? The one flying out of the shadows... It looks like a night fury...

EDIT: Yup its official.. I am seeing HTTYD everywhere. From the angle I was looking at I viewed the tail as a wing, the neck as the rear flap, the lower wing as a tail and the upper wing as the other wing.. Yup I should just go to bed now..

ChaseMagnus
Dragon-Hugger

Cbscriven
19 Apr 2014, 22:12
Nat the Hooligan
19 Apr 2014, 21:12
I pre-ordered the art of how to train your dragon and I can't wait to get it!
HideousZippleback
19 Apr 2014, 21:22
I preordered The Art of How To Train Your Dragon 2 and it should come by the 9th of May.

So scared but SO excited!

me too i have to add it to my collection of art books!

i sit with my nose in them i will never forget what my narrative professor said about art books. She basically said this is your ticket into the industry if you want to do concept work look at these books because they are showing you what you need to be able to achieve etc etc she gets all the books for free because shes a set designer at dreamworks but yeah
You won't mind if I steal these from you right? I can't wait to get my Art Of HTTYD 2
"There is Freedom waiting for you
On the breezes of the sky
And you ask 'What if I fall?'
'Oh but my darling,
what if you fly'..."

kozmotisblack
assistant of dragons

Cbscriven, you and I have nearly the same exact artbook collection (I just do not yet have The Art of DreamWorks and I have Bolt and Howl's Moving Castle), it gave me quite the jolt. I thought someone had posted my collection and was wondering how they got the picture in the first place.

taking art requests on tumblr
Surviving the movie one day at a time.

Fawnduu
Gronckle

Valka
21 Apr 2014, 18:29
Cbscriven, you and I have nearly the same exact artbook collection (I just do not yet have The Art of DreamWorks and I have Bolt and Howl's Moving Castle), it gave me quite the jolt. I thought someone had posted my collection and was wondering how they got the picture in the first place.
thats awesome and funny! ive been hyming and hawing over getting the kung fu panda 2 art book because i love nico marletts character designs. I just finished up a good paying illustration job so im getting my second cartilage hole pierced so i can assume my final form, winry rockbell. I guess thats my trade off

My Art Page
My Animations

Zer0x

[b]Banhammerdragon
[/b]

Today my copy of 'The Art of DreamWorks Animation' was delivered. It is much heavier than I thought.
I read the foreword from Jeffrey Katzenberg with tearful eyes. It reminds me why I love this company so much.

But at one sentence of his short biography I stucked:

"[...]DreamWorks Animation has become the largest animation studio in the world [...]"

I always thought Disney Pixar is, from the financial side, the largest Animation Studio?
UNAMUSED

No, I'm serious....stop it..