Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Dragon Theories!
Topic Started: 19 Apr 2014, 22:17 (2697 Views)
thenightandthefury
Gronckle

Ok so I am creating this topic to talk about any theories you might have about the movie. I'll name a few subjects to get started!

1. Do you think there will be any more night furies or distant relatives of the night fury in this sequel or the next? If so, how do you think that will affect Toothless? Do you think he'd know them; possibly family or former mate.. or even a former enemy?

2. Do you think more will be revealed as to why the Whispering Death and Toothless had a rivalry to begin with? What are your own ideas about why they had it out for each other?

3. There is said to be a moment that will test Hiccup and Toothless' friendship. What do you think this would be?

4. The Skrill; the only other known Strike class dragon, and Toothless' enemy. Do you think there will be a scene with the Skrill in it? What do you hope or or envision it to be like?

If you have any more topics or theories to talk about, go ahead and put em out there! I'd love to hear them all!
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

KentuckyWildcat
Raw Vikingness

1. I personally don't think we'll see any more Night Furies. I don't think it would add very much to the plot, but at the same time it would mean that Toothless is no longer unique. I'm not sure whether he's literally the last one or not, but that might be better off left a mystery.

2. Since that happened on the TV show, it won't be dealt with in the movies. I'm sure there's some interesting fan theories about it, but I haven't bothered to come up with one personally.

3. Good question. I could be completely wrong, but I can imagine something going wrong in the battle with Drago's forces that pretty much forces Hiccup to choose between Toothless and one of the people he cares about (most likely one of his parents). It would be interesting to see what he would do in that scenario.

4. I think a Skrill is supposed to appear in the movie, probably as one of Valka's many dragons in the cave. I don't expect it to have a huge role, but maybe it could show up in the battle somehow.
Come death. Come suffering. I will not live in fear. In this fleeting life where time escapes us, the path of least resistance is a slow quiet death. I'd rather burn out than fade away.

thenightandthefury
Gronckle

1. These are my theories about what I personally would like to see happen.

Theory A; Sometime during the sequels, it is discovered Toothless is the last Night Fury to ever exist. I would hope that they would do a flash back explaining how it happened, possibly showing what Toothless remembers from when he was wild and his point of view up until he met Hiccup, and Hiccup remembering that night, how he had nearly killed Toothless, and realizing that if he had killed Toothless he would have been partly to blame for them becoming extinct. Then, too realizing that if he had not taken down Toothless, his dragon could be dead as well. I'd like to see lots of emotions explored, and I think it'd make for an epic movie moment.

Theory B; I have an idea that somehow a long lost relative of Toothless would be encountered. Even if this isn't a night fury, it could be a dragon he knew when he was younger. If Toothless could show that wild side before he met Hiccup, and possibly reunite with a dragon he once knew, that would be awesome. Though if this happens I wouldn't expect it to happen till the third movie, as my theory is that this would be the reason Toothless leaves Hiccup, in my mind Hiccup basically sets him free giving him a automatic tail fin.

As for Toothless no longer being unique, I don't think it would do harm to show how his family died out. It would be a huge tear filled moment in theaters, no doubt.

2. I guess with this one I am hoping it will be explained somehow, and it might. If they do it they might just show flashbacks of what happened, possibly the Whispering Deaths killing off his family, which the audience wouldn't know about the series but if they did a flash back and it was in there it could very well be explained. Personally I would like to know more about why they were enemies. If they had such a grudge against each other, I would like it to be explored more, if not in the movies then in a possible third season.

3. Wow, thats an awesome theory! If that happened I would be truly heartbroken. My own theory would be that Toothless is yearning for freedom and realizes Hiccup is the reason he can't fly on his own, thus costing him his freedom.

4. A skrill battle would be epic! Maybe we'll see one.

thenightandthefury
Gronckle

More theory ideas for ya guys;

5. What happened to Thornado? A producer who worked on the show said it would be explained more in movie as to what happened, so we might see Thornado. Whats your ideas? How do you think Stoick came to be with a new dragon?

6. What happened to Valka? What caused her to leave, or was she kidnapped?

7. How does Stoick know Drago; he seems passionate that he is a mad man. Do you think there is a past rivalry there?

Tessem7
Dragon Trainer

I'm going to answer number 3 because I actually have a theory for that. I think that Toothless is captured by Drago. Two things support this. In the most recent trailer, Hiccup and others are seen riding dragons that aren't their own. I doubt that Hiccup would be on another dragon unless he had a very good reason to.

The other thing that supports it is this toy listing on amazon. It's a listing for a "Toothless vs Dragon Catcher" toy. So this suggests that in the movie Toothless might be captured by a trap.

Even before this evidence popped up, this is what I've been thinking would happen. I think that almost everyone's dragons will end up being captured. However, I don't know if everyone will get their dragons back in HTTYD2 or if it's going to be a cliffhanger for HTTYD3. I think that everyone will get their dragons back in #2, but it's possible that the story of this movie will carry over to the third.
"Thank you for summing that up."

ChaseMagnus
Dragon-Hugger

Tessem7
20 Apr 2014, 19:09
I'm going to answer number 3 because I actually have a theory for that. I think that Toothless is captured by Drago. Two things support this. In the most recent trailer, Hiccup and others are seen riding dragons that aren't their own. I doubt that Hiccup would be on another dragon unless he had a very good reason to.

The other thing that supports it is this toy listing on amazon. It's a listing for a "Toothless vs Dragon Catcher" toy. So this suggests that in the movie Toothless might be captured by a trap.

Even before this evidence popped up, this is what I've been thinking would happen. I think that almost everyone's dragons will end up being captured. However, I don't know if everyone will get their dragons back in HTTYD2 or if it's going to be a cliffhanger for HTTYD3. I think that everyone will get their dragons back in #2, but it's possible that the story of this movie will carry over to the third.
IF THEY DARE END THIS MOVIE ON SUCH A CLIFFHANGER I MAY DIE!!!
"There is Freedom waiting for you
On the breezes of the sky
And you ask 'What if I fall?'
'Oh but my darling,
what if you fly'..."

Cartoon Freak
Deadly Nadder

Tessem7

I've discussed the issue of a cliffhanger ending to HTTYD 2 in the past, and stand by my initial belief on the matter: it's all but impossible, because there's a two-year wait until the next movie. No studio in their right mind is going to end a film on a cliffhanger when the sequel is two years away. One year-waits are not uncommon in sequels and cliffhangers (Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest and Peter Jackson's Tolkien movies, particularly Desolation of Smaug, come to mind) but two years is just too long.

Now, there may well be unresolved issues (indeed, there really should be, since DeBlois insisted on a trilogy), but a full-on cliffhanger is just going too far, and what you propose would be a full-on cliffhanger.
Number of times I've watched the trailer: 18.

My pet peeve: people who refer to complete strangers by their first name. The correct ways to refer to a "John Smith" whom you have never met are Smith, Mr Smith, or John Smith. Not "John". He's not your buddy.

Tessem7
Dragon Trainer

Cartoon Freak
21 Apr 2014, 10:10
Tessem7

I've discussed the issue of a cliffhanger ending to HTTYD 2 in the past, and stand by my initial belief on the matter: it's all but impossible, because there's a two-year wait until the next movie. No studio in their right mind is going to end a film on a cliffhanger when the sequel is two years away. One year-waits are not uncommon in sequels and cliffhangers (Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest and Peter Jackson's Tolkien movies, particularly Desolation of Smaug, come to mind) but two years is just too long.

Now, there may well be unresolved issues (indeed, there really should be, since DeBlois insisted on a trilogy), but a full-on cliffhanger is just going too far, and what you propose would be a full-on cliffhanger.
I agree, and that's what I said in the last paragraph of my post. I think, for sure, that everyone will get their dragons captured during the movie. However, they will probably all get them back later in the same movie. I was just saying that it is possible for the dragons to still be captured at the end of HTTYD2 and that nobody would get them back until HTTYD3, but the latter scenario is more unlikely.
"Thank you for summing that up."

Night fury fire

[b]
[color=blue]We're fangirls! It's an occupational hazard...
[/color]
[/b]

I'm guessing that snotlout and fishlegs will fight over ruffnut and she will end up with eret
^_^ ;) :D :$ :P 8) :'( :( ^) :O :blink: >:( <3 <- me seeing httyd 2

kozmotisblack
assistant of dragons

Warning for spoilers below.

I haven't watched the one hour preview and I might be incredibly grasping for theories in mid-air but Valka reveals a "shocking truth" to Hiccup and Dean mentions that Hiccup will find out why he is a "square peg in a round hole"....So I'm thinking that Hiccup isn't from Berk, or he doesn't originate from Berk or at least, Valka isn't. There are fifty questions that come to my mind when I say that. While Stoick has to be from Berk to continue the chief lineage, Valka doesn't really look like anyone else from there and it would answer some things about how Hiccup's mannerisms being different then others.
Of course. I'm not too attached to the idea. Just because he acts different, doesn't mean he doesn't belong there (as the first movie proved), so I don't think it's a really solid idea.
-shrugs- little theory that's all.

taking art requests on tumblr
Surviving the movie one day at a time.