Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Full Five Min. Clip (spoilers)
Topic Started: 21 Apr 2014, 02:47 (8747 Views)
ToothlessNightFury
Toothless

Saw it tinught ar Rio 2. Didn'tbexpect it cuz it said Canadian fans would see it if they went to a Cineplex theater. The one in town me and my friends all dislike but go to anyways is not owens by Ciniplex or related to them at all.
Needless to say i was freaking out. And aside parents if little kids I was the oldest one there. And I got in with a kids ticket too!! :D
Also i was happy cuz if the Peanuts (Charlie Brown and Snoppy) trailer and Dolphin Tale 2 trailer:

Let's say between the two trailers and the clip and the movie.. It was a great night!! :)

Oh! Anyone know the full "This is Berk" speach? Hehe I want it :)
Believe a Dragon Can Thaw A Frozen Heart Role Play Based of HTTYD and Frozen

Around here we don't look back. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.-Walt Disney

PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

FuriousKnight
Knight of Fury

I still can't see it!!!

Has anyone put it on youtube, does anybody know.

Astrid
Gronckle

so I just watched the clip and I'm so glad I'm not the only one who doesn't like a singing song in the flying sequence between hiccup and toothless. I was expecting some amazing orchestral sound from powell but jonsi song is a complete turn off for me. I admit I'm not a fan of his music but I know a lot of people in the fandom loves his music, it's just I guess I was expecting a "forbidden friendship" moment with orchestral music that gives you chills just like beyong the clouds does. So yeah I'm kind of disappointed of that :/

Fynriel
Gronckle

Astrid
21 Apr 2014, 08:01
so I just watched the clip and I'm so glad I'm not the only one who doesn't like a singing song in the flying sequence between hiccup and toothless. I was expecting some amazing orchestral sound from powell but jonsi song is a complete turn off for me. I admit I'm not a fan of his music but I know a lot of people in the fandom loves his music, it's just I guess I was expecting a "forbidden friendship" moment with orchestral music that gives you chills just like beyong the clouds does. So yeah I'm kind of disappointed of that :/
I completely agree. This scene sounded so amazing the teaser trailer and now it feels like a fanmade YouTube music video.

I hope we get an official upload of this soon, I want to see the Itchy Armpit portion in full with the new score.

Eret
....Son of Eret

Wait is there really singing in the score at that part of the clip? I'm trying to avoid watching it but thats really............ disappointing to hear. :/

Don't get me wrong I love jonsi and I think his end credits song for the first movie was perfect in every way but.... as an end credits song. Songs with actual lyrics during the movie don't feel right for this universe.

Astrid
Gronckle

Quote:

I completely agree. This scene sounded so amazing the teaser trailer and now it feels like a fanmade YouTube music video.
Thank you for summing that up, but yeah it actually is the best description of that scene.
Quote:

Wait is there really singing in the score at that part of the clip? I'm trying to avoid watching it but thats really............ disappointing to hear. :/
Don't get me wrong I love jonsi and I think his end credits song for the first movie was perfect in every way but.... as an end credits song. Songs with actual lyrics during the movie don't feel right for this universe.
Yes I completly agree, as an end song they are good, as an insert song mmmm not so much. The thing that worries me is that apparently there is going to be many jonsi songs in the movie, which means for different scenes and they might not be the best choices again because we prefer orchestral sounds. I mean jonsi music might be good, but as part of a scene perhaps not the best. So, personally, there goes my hopes for a better score than the 1st film :(

Fawnduu
Gronckle

Astrid
21 Apr 2014, 14:24
Quote:

Thank you for summing that up, but yeah it actually is the best description of that scene.
Quote:

Yes I completly agree, as an end song they are good, as an insert song mmmm not so much. The thing that worries me is that apparently there is going to be many jonsi songs in the movie, which means for different scenes and they might not be the best choices again because we prefer orchestral sounds. I mean jonsi music might be good, but as part of a scene perhaps not the best. So, personally, there goes my hopes for a better score than the 1st film :(

ekkk i got so excited when the teaser came out and they had that epic score to go along with it that got me excited for the soundtrack but i really dont know how i felt about that jonsi song along side the flight sequence, but obviously editing isnt finalized yet they are still sound mixing etc otherwise the movie would be out! but i guess well see im gonna try and not get too upset about the music just yet. Plus the reason it looks like a fanmade video is probably because its not really the first 5 minutes they left parts out which messes up the flow of the shots
Im Courtney, a Concept Artist/ Computer Animator! 8)

My Art Page
My Animations

ToothlessWorship
Gronckle

Some sounds by Toothless are changed, now his laughs are like an engine trying to ignite -_-
Like other people I don't like the song by jonsi; I expect more John Powel in other flying scenes (my favourites)

In spite of that, I'm not disappointed, the movie looks awesome!
HTTYD forever
Spoiler: click to toggle

Faerie_Dragon
Dragon Bassist

BRAND NEW PAGE WITH THE CLIP UPLOADED IN IT

It's also been uploaded to YouTube on Yahoo Movies channel just like how the Black Sheep clip was.
Crisp 1080p, perfect for us downloaders :3

I challenge you to be lazier than me!

Sub me. Sub me. Sub me. Sub me. Sub me. Sub me. Sub me.

kozmotisblack
assistant of dragons

For some reason, and I'm surprised because I'm not the type to cry during movies, I started to tear up when the song played. I love it so much, it's wonderful. Not that I ever doubted Jonsi' or John Powell, but wow. -smiling like an idiot- It's so perfect.

taking art requests on tumblr
Surviving the movie one day at a time.