Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Httyd2 Coming To Imax® 3d
Topic Started: 22 Apr 2014, 16:57 (4245 Views)
thescienceofmagic
Hairy Hooligan

There was some debate on whether this was actually being re-mastered for IMAX, and I've just found out it has been confirmed according to this source :D

I know it's not really that big news but just letting you guys know.

Now this means I'll definitely be going down to the BFI IMAX in London to watch it, though. Anyone also? ^.^

"I'm not a fan of quoting other people in signatures, especially when they aren't funny." -Zer0x 2014
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

AuroraBorealis
Monstrous Nightmare

WHAT??? I THOUGHT IT WASN'T SHOWING ON THE IMAX!!!!!!!!!!

*Fangirl Scream*
Spoiler: click to toggle
What should I write on my signature? Hmm...
I am a Httyd, Gravity Falls and Portal (One and two) fan.
I'm also a bookworm and an introvert.
That was pretty random, but that's me summed up in two sentences.

MudkipStar
im just kinda here well occasionally

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I THOUGHT IT WASN'T GOING TO BE IN IMAX

OH MY NINJA MUDKIPS TOTALLY SEEING THIS IN IMAX 3D THE DAY IT COMES OUT
hi im réka
im developing a mildly unhealthy obsession with obiwan kenobi (more like obiwan kenoBAE am i right)
my personal tumblr is ninja-stop
im also writing a fantasy/humor novel called RESET which i won nanowrimo 2015 with i have a writing tumblr for it if you wanna check that out
yeah thats it this probably isnt what should go in a signature but w/e
i have 2 pet buns

HiccupsApprentice
I have no idea what I'm doing.

So my suspicions about them moving the release date up a week in order to have two weeks in IMAX 3D were right! XD

I'm quite pleased by this. Even though the IMAX near me is a "Liemax", the much better sound quality compared to regular theatres means that Powell's and Jonsi's score is going to sound amazing! And the reserved seating is a nice touch. Also it being much more expensive per ticket ensures that there's no babies in the audience! :D I'm pumped!
Spoiler: click to toggle

Jendora
Hiccup's Girlfriend

This is awesome news!

Although, I probably won't get to see it in IMAX 3D. The nearest IMAX theater around here is in the state capitol about a half hour from my house. Unfortunately, I hate driving into the city and the people I'm going with do to. Maybe I can convince my sister to do it. She doesn't care as much.
Coming Soon!!

thescienceofmagic
Hairy Hooligan

HiccupsApprentice
22 Apr 2014, 21:13
So my suspicions about them moving the release date up a week in order to have two weeks in IMAX 3D were right! XD

I'm quite pleased by this. Even though the IMAX near me is a "Liemax", the much better sound quality compared to regular theatres means that Powell's and Jonsi's score is going to sound amazing! And the reserved seating is a nice touch. Also it being much more expensive per ticket ensures that there's no babies in the audience! :D I'm pumped!
I think the potential lack of babies and small children is one of the things I'm most happy about. >.<
Also oh gosh the soundtrack is going to sound absolutely phenomenal. The release can't come quick enough!

"I'm not a fan of quoting other people in signatures, especially when they aren't funny." -Zer0x 2014

AndyMay

[b]
[color=#d51c1c]The Lemon God
[/color]
[/b]

YEEEEEEESSSS! Looks like I'm going to IMAX twice!
Top Poester for 6 Months Award :D

DragonDreamer
Dragon Scribe

What's the difference between IMAX 3D and RealD 3D.
What dragon dreams are made of.

thescienceofmagic
Hairy Hooligan

DragonDreamer
22 Apr 2014, 21:35
What's the difference between IMAX 3D and RealD 3D.
I'm not sure specifically, I just know that the visual and sound quality is enhanced somehow and makes it like 100 times more amazing.
Also IMAX theatres are significantly larger than regular cinema screens

Nightshade
Monstrous Nightmare

I said this like 1 month ago XD (no one really believed me? D: )
Anyways, It'll be great, so glad that I have an IMAX cinema just 1km away from me! :)