Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Httyd2 Coming To Imax® 3d
Topic Started: 22 Apr 2014, 18:01 (4144 Views)
AndyMay

[b]
[color=#d51c1c]The Lemon God
[/color]
[/b]

RealD uses those cheap glasses. The film is then show with the light polarized to one specific lens (the lenses are different. Hence when you look at someone wearing them while you have them on, one of their eyes is totally blacked out).

In IMAX it uses two different projectors, and, if I am correct, uses a different kind of glasses
Top Poester for 6 Months Award :D
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Aika

[i]
[b]
[color=Maroon]Viking-in-Training
[/color]
[/b]
[/i]

Awesome! Unfortunately the nearest IMAX theatre is 30 minutes away (World Golf Village, anyone?) and the IMAX theatre in AMC (five minutes away) is just as small as the normal AMC screen. Maybe if I suck up I could probably see it there...
Come and visit my blog!

AndyMay

[b]
[color=#d51c1c]The Lemon God
[/color]
[/b]

Luckily for me. My closest IMAX would be quite near to my college next year (Assuming I go there). So I might just hang around after and see the film.
Top Poester for 6 Months Award :D

kozmotisblack
assistant of dragons

I'm really, really happy to know of this. I want to watch this movie plenty of times in theaters so while I might not watch it when it first comes out in an Imax, I definitely will want to check it out eventually :']] I only saw that because Imax makes me slightly dizzy and I don't want to be nauseated during my first go.

Thanks for the info as always, Science.

taking art requests on tumblr
Surviving the movie one day at a time.

HideousZippleback

[color=blue]I'm just here for Snotlout.
[/color]

Ha. I TOLD you guys a while ago it would be in iMax and I'm glad I was right because I really want to see Snotlout and the rest of the gang in super, super good quality since I never watched HTTYD in th theaters ever. Sadly enough as that is.

ggamer77
Hatchling

lol wow, I was out of the loop.
I though it was going to be in IMAX from the start since the first was.

But yeah, I'm definitely watching in IMAX.
irc://irc.caffie.net/HTTYD
My YouTube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/ggamer77

HiccupsApprentice
I have no idea what I'm doing.

There was a lot of doubt about this being released in IMAX as the last few DreamWorks Animations films have not been released in the IMAX format. The last DWA film to be released in IMAX is Megamind, back in 2010!

I'm glad to see that DWA understands how badly this movie needs an IMAX release! (as well as the extra money they'll make from this XD)
Spoiler: click to toggle

HumanToothless
Human/Former Dragon/Night Fury

Yay *internally screaming* I am gonna drag my family to go watch it no matter what because this is my life!
If your parents ask why you want to go watch httyd 2 just tell them it's your life.
I ate a tasty looking purple flower and then the next thing you know I am human. I am currently trying to get used to the whole being human thing so be nice. I am completely human not a hybrid okay?

Zer0x

[b]Banhammerdragon
[/b]

That are really good news! But it is still strange why they've released this information so late.

DragonDreamer
22 Apr 2014, 21:35
What's the difference between IMAX 3D and RealD 3D.
When you read the linked article it says that the movie will be digitally remastered by IMAX DMR. Normally live-action movies are shot with 4k resolution and 4k-6k for animated movies. But IMAX projectors have a much higher resolution. That's why they convert it with IMAX DMR up to 18k.
The image is also much brighter than in normal cinemas and the screen is immaculate.
I don't know if they change something on the 3D itself, but I think they change the parallax a bit, because the stereo calculation for movies is align to the distance of the doubled screen high and I don't think that is possible in an IMAX theatre.

AndyMay
22 Apr 2014, 22:01
RealD uses those cheap glasses. The film is then show with the light polarized to one specific lens (the lenses are different. Hence when you look at someone wearing them while you have them on, one of their eyes is totally blacked out).

In IMAX it uses two different projectors, and, if I am correct, uses a different kind of glasses
"The cheap glasses" are poralized glasses. The are cheaper than the active shutter glasses, because they work in a completly different way. The most cinemas uses passive polarization 3D, also IMAX. And some of the bigger non-IMAX cinemas uses also a double projector technology. It's exactly the same system.
But there are also some IMAX cinemas using the active shutter method.
UNAMUSED

No, I'm serious....stop it..

Eclipse-Wolven
Ninja Dragon

This makes me incredibly happy. The last movie I saw in IMAX 3D was "Gravity" and that was amazing. This one should be equally so. I can't wait until June now. :)
-Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup-