Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
What is the most likely thing Hiccup will call Astrid?
1. Babe 23 (66%)
2. Sweetheart 11 (31%)
3. Darling 1 (3%)

Hiccup+Astrid in HTTYD2!
Topic Started: 10 Apr 2014, 20:04 (2667 Views)
AlphaAmy
I Belong to the Western Pack

I'm gonna start this off by jus sayin, that that "KICK EM DOWN BABE!" is an obvious clue that in the second film, they may well be calling eachother things like dear and sweetheart (which is so 'awwwww!!!' cute!). :wub: Who agrees??
AlphaAmy
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Millie
Intellect

Their affection for one anther will definitely increase. But the rate at which it does is one for debate. I think "Sweetheart" or a in-the-middle standpoint will be established.

Not exactly married or engaged, but boyfriend and girlfriend status. And yes they are indeed a cute couple, they may even rival Toothless in how cute they are. Wait a minute...

Who's cuter?
-Toothless
or
-Hiccup and Astrid
Salutations! My fellow Grapeviner!
Fandom in here is louder than it appears! (cheesy, I know)

AuroraBorealis
Monstrous Nightmare

Millie
11 Apr 2014, 03:10
Their affection for one anther will definitely increase. But the rate at which it does is one for debate. I think "Sweetheart" or a in-the-middle standpoint will be established.

Not exactly married or engaged, but boyfriend and girlfriend status. And yes they are indeed a cute couple, they may even rival Toothless in how cute they are. Wait a minute...

Who's cuter?
-Toothless
or
-Hiccup and Astrid
Can I make a poll on that? Anyway, that's hard, but, Toothless. :$
What should I write on my signature? Hmm...
I am a Httyd, Gravity Falls and Portal (One and two) fan.
I'm also a bookworm and an introvert.
That was pretty random, but that's me summed up in two sentences.

KentuckyWildcat
Raw Vikingness

The poll needs a fourth option. It seems most likely to me based on both GoTNF and the Obama clip that "m'lady" is his term of endearment for her.

As for their relationship in general, it seems pretty obvious that they'll be much closer than we've seen before, which makes sense five years later. I do expect them to eventually get married, but I don't know if that'll happen in this movie or not. I'm personally hoping that it does, and we'll see them as a married couple in the final movie rather than saving that for the very end of the story like most movie romances tend to do, but I'm not counting on it.
Come death. Come suffering. I will not live in fear. In this fleeting life where time escapes us, the path of least resistance is a slow quiet death. I'd rather burn out than fade away.

Millie
Intellect

I was just about to make the poll...

If you want to, then go ahead by all means.
Salutations! My fellow Grapeviner!
Fandom in here is louder than it appears! (cheesy, I know)

impartofthefandom
Member Avatar
Dragon Egg

I'm SO excited for HTTYD2! Mostly because, I get to see more HICCSTRID. :$

What I really wish for is that their relationship will go to a new level. And that their love story isn't just like those we've seen in other movies.

Hiccup should really make the next move... He should be the one to kiss Astrid first and not the other way around. Oh please! I'm begging him!

Also, is it true that Dragon Masters will show more of Hiccup and Astrid's relationship? Like how they got together? Because you know, it being placed before HTTYD 2...

Fynriel
Gronckle

impartofthefandom
11 Apr 2014, 17:20
I'm SO excited for HTTYD2! Mostly because, I get to see more HICCSTRID. :$

What I really wish for is that their relationship will go to a new level. And that their love story isn't just like those we've seen in other movies.

Hiccup should really make the next move... He should be the one to kiss Astrid first and not the other way around. Oh please! I'm begging him!
I agree with the first part. I'm sure they'll take things to the next level somehow.

But why this insistance on Hiccup being more.....I guess "active". I've seen a demand for this a lot on tumblr as well.
But honestly, I kind of liked how Hiccup and Astrid are just a little bit "gender inverted" as far as traditional roles go and for me that something I always enjoyed about Hiccstrid.
Astrid being the one to have made the first movie felt right to me, I don't know about you guys.
Hiccup's just no Snotlout if ya know what I mean ;) and that's what I love about him and why I can relate to him on many levels.

thescienceofmagic
Hairy Hooligan

I'd love Hiccup to stick to the 'm'lady' that he's used before, it just suits him better. 'Darling' and 'sweetheart' are words I can't seem to picture him saying. Although I did think that with Astrid and 'babe', but it seemed to work so who knows.

There's a lot of speculation about marriage in HTTYD2, particularly towards the end, and eh I'm not sure how I feel about that. I haven't really seen enough Hiccstrid interaction whilst they've been officially together to make judgement, but I'd still like it to wait until the third movie. I don't want it to take over too much story at the moment.

"I'm not a fan of quoting other people in signatures, especially when they aren't funny." -Zer0x 2014

kozmotisblack
assistant of dragons

thescienceofmagic
11 Apr 2014, 17:42
I'd love Hiccup to stick to the 'm'lady' that he's used before, it just suits him better. 'Darling' and 'sweetheart' are words I can't seem to picture him saying. Although I did think that with Astrid and 'babe', but it seemed to work so who knows.

There's a lot of speculation about marriage in HTTYD2, particularly towards the end, and eh I'm not sure how I feel about that. I haven't really seen enough Hiccstrid interaction whilst they've been officially together to make judgement, but I'd still like it to wait until the third movie. I don't want it to take over too much story at the moment.

I agree with you. I definitely think this movie has a lot going on with it, and wouldn't want romance to take a huge role in it.
Spoiler: click to toggle
However, I'm a bit biased as I prefer plots with less romance in it then most films have. The first movie was an excellent example of romance kind of being the secondary or possibly third layer to the film (the first being Toothless/Hiccup and then Stoick/Hiccup's father son dynamic). Astrid is a very strong character and has the ability to be prominent throughout the film without Hiccup having to be there to accentuate her presence.

Don't get be wrong though, I'm still looking forward to their small intimate moments (such as the "Obama" clip) and would love to how far they have taken their relationship within the past 5 years.

taking art requests on tumblr
Surviving the movie one day at a time.

AndyMay

[b]
[color=#d51c1c]The Lemon God
[/color]
[/b]

Gods hearing astrid call him 'babe' made me so happy! :wub: :wub: :wub:

Anyway I see Hiccup calling her 'mi lady' but if I can't choose that then I'll have to go with hm calling her babe. Sweetheart and Darling just don't sound right :-/
Top Poester for 6 Months Award :D